Arative

Vyemm Raider
I got out, sold all 4 of my coins for 92k. When it drops I'll buy back in some

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
This spike mirrors 2017 so precisely. I'm out again and still expecting a buying opportunity in Jan.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This is completely speculative but if anyone really believes BTC will keep rising, then look into MGTI stock. It's a cheap stock that somewhat follows BTC prices. I bought a bunch from old crazy man McAfee's recommendation a cpl years ago and it tanked hard since, but in the last couple days i'm almost back to my cost basis. It's a junk stock at $0.02 a month ago but it's over $0.058 now and rising.

edit: Full Disclosure: I'm always wrong and don't know what I'm doing.

Last edited:

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I think people are underestimating the buy pressure in this market right now. Who is selling at these prices to cause the drop you expect? I'm sure we'll see a correction but they're getting bought up almost instantly. Good luck finding a re-entry if that's what you're looking for.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I think people are underestimating the buy pressure in this market right now. Who is selling at these prices to cause the drop you expect? I'm sure we'll see a correction but they're getting bought up almost instantly. Good luck finding a re-entry if that's what you're looking for.

I'm leery of any investment right now. I do not see good things ahead. The economic impact of this pandemic has yet to be fully realized. BTC will mirror the markets. The bubble is going to burst eventually. It's all being propped up and the vaccine news is already priced in.

If BTC doesn't pull back on its own, it will as soon as the markets turn. There is no reason to be optimistic right now. Everything is at all time highs and there's going to be some serious economic impacts ahead.

A Biden presidency also doesn't bode well for the markets. Adopting a wait-and-see approach is smart right now. There will be buying opportunities ahead.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I'm leery of any investment right now. I do not see good things ahead. The economic impact of this pandemic has yet to be fully realized. BTC will mirror the markets. The bubble is going to burst eventually. It's all being propped up and the vaccine news is already priced in.

If BTC doesn't pull back on its own, it will as soon as the markets turn. There is no reason to be optimistic right now. Everything is at all time highs and there's going to be some serious economic impacts ahead.

A Biden presidency also doesn't bode well for the markets. Adopting a wait-and-see approach is smart right now. There will be buying opportunities ahead.

That's not how inflation works.

Can't upload it, but 20% of all dollars were printed this year.

Holding cash could be the worst possible thing right now.

That being said, I just took some cash out of the market, so... Lulz

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider

Being somewhat pedantic, that's not how QE works. M2 money supply != printing dollars. QE creates bank liquidity not actual dollars. Banks have to lend to create those dollars. They aren't doing that.

Inflation may end up being where the economy is headed but I expect we'll see the dollar surge and treasury rates fall further before any sort of run away inflation occurs. Real dollar inflation only works when all that liquidity the fed is creating finds velocity. We'll have inflation I bet, but it will probably follow a period of deflation.

We're probably teetering towards an insolvency event. In which case having cash is probably not a terrible idea as asset prices can be expected to drop significantly. Problems are systemic so its hard to tell exactly how the house of cards falls down. I'm just a guy that reads too much internet though. What do I know?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Insolvency is the other side of that coin, but why have that when you can just print cash and hand it out?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Insolvency is the other side of that coin, but why have that when you can just print cash and hand it out?

Flobee had a good answer. I don't see inflation ahead. Im seeing massive business closures, jobless claims, and yet higher taxes on the horizon.

A huge sector of the economy: Construction, has been burning through their backlog, and has also been continuing to work through the pandemic, but the States are too hurt to issue new work. There will be a sector crash coming.

Look for other sectors that require state funds to function for other weak spots.

Maybe they'll print money till the states are solvent again, idk, but for now be wary.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
That only works if you print the cash and give it to the renters missing rent, the homeowners missing mortgage payments, and the commercial real estate owners as well. I haven't seen that happening and the moratorium on rent is ending this month as I recall. If that isn't addressed then people are going to start/continue skipping payments and we're going to see the entire real estate market unravel.

They need asset prices to remain elevated to keep property owners from going underwater on their mortgages, pensions also rely on ever increasing asset prices. We're in a bubble that we can't afford to pop, but we're out of interest rates to adjust and our only option is QE infinity into MMT.

This situation is untenable as the same force that is keeping boomers afloat and asset prices sky high is keeping the younger generation from being able to afford to invest in assets for their own future. We're in a demographic trap and something has to give eventually. Institutions aren't buying Bitcoin just because they want the sick gains. They're buying it to hedge again systemic failure in the traditional system.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I was just looking at buying some bitcoin in early September when it was at 10k. I looked at the 50% drop that occurred earlier in the year and was like, "Hmm, 10k is lower than the all-time of 17K, but what if it tanks back to 4k?"

Now, I'm kicking myself :emoji_confounded:

• 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Holding cash could be the worst possible thing right now.

That being said, I just took some cash out of the market, so... Lulz
from the politics thread.

35% of US dollars have been printed in the last 10 months.

Their take away was Assets good. Cash bad. Bitcoin now.
this is out of my depth, but seemed pretty compelling to me.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Had an idea about mining several years ago. I should have pushed it lol. Several places I've worked will do partial shutdown at times. They buy 3 phase power and you get charged the minimum year round even if you aren't using any. Could have used all that power to mine at basically no cost for short duration. Just a dumb thought.