Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Ripple is probably fucked. I'd be parachuting out of $XRP if I owned any. DYOR but sounds like they were artificially pumping XRP price.

1608736866763.png

They paid companies to use XRP to pump volume.
1608737114679.png

You can download the full complaint filed by the SEC here

EDIT:
1608737184417.png

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Not surprising really.
I could never get behind XRP knowing a single entity had control over the creation/distribution.
Always sounded like a scam.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Went to buy that steel crypto wallet, got to check otu, and it wants BTC.

I've never bought anything with it, just copy the string as a location to send to, and put the order# in notes?

There is a QR code, but I dont have coinbase on my phone so . . .

Yes I understand this is a retarded thing to ask since I've already thrown money at owning the shit I have never used and dont even know how to use.

I'm a boomer.

• 1Worf

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Just hit half trillion market cap for BTC. Bulls are getting wild, hearing 700k peak calls for this cycle lol. We'll see how things go. 2021 setting up nicely as of now.

1609079061373.png

Bitcoin perma bull with his big $$$ prediction. Going to see a lot of these in the coming months I bet. "this time is different"

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I sort of regret selling at 92k since I could have gotten another 10k or so but then I think I conjured up 92k out of thin air so I'm like fuck it

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I sort of regret selling at 92k since I could have gotten another 10k or so but then I think I conjured up 92k out of thin air so I'm like fuck it
I still don't think you've missed out. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I still believe BTC will go sub 20K again before it gets much higher. But who knows, right?

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I still don't think you've missed out. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I still believe BTC will go sub 20K again before it gets much higher. But who knows, right?
I'm sure I'll always have the fomo but I'll buy back in at some point

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Michael Saylor goes pretty deep into how Bitcoin fits into the larger macro environment from a CEO's perspective, how he sees BTC as the solution to the ~15% cost of currency issue for corporate treasuries, and where he sees a future with Bitcoin on corporate and sovereign balance sheets takes us and how the rest of us can leverage what is coming.

If nothing else Saylor has a unique perspective and has put in a lot of time recently to become one of the leading Bitcoin cheerleaders.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I'll buy it on the next dip down to 6k.
Would have been a good mindset in March!

I wonder if you won't feel the same way about 30k some day? Bulls are ahead of the bears right now its going to be interesting to see how the next 12 months play out for Bitcoin. If you look into what is driving price right now, or at least the narrative being given, it genuinely looks like this run has some real momentum that is just now spooling up.

Institutional money faucet is turning on with increased regulation in the space. This seems to me to be the beginning of something, not the peak.

Caliane

I'll buy it on the next dip down to 6k.
n6VURwx.jpg

idk. im new to this.
I'm not sure this cycle is going to drop any time soon. but, even if it does, it looks like 20k will be the new normal at least to me.

old trends. 600 average to 17k peak, and dropped back down to about 6k average. dropped to 3.5k for a bit, then up to 11k spike, and 8k average..
from 8k average we just spiked to 20k, at which point all the buzz took off. spiked to 33k last night.

you almost never drop down to the original values. I'd suspect 50-30% reduction from peak at most. I don't see it going below 20k again, imho. and thats if todays 33k is the peak. I'm don't really think it is.

There doesn't seem to be an obvious, dec, jan, feb, etc trend I can see.

I bit. back in dec 23rd, I put $600 for incoming stim check 300 in btc, 300 in eth. then, dec 30, said fuck it.. Another 1k in BTC, and 1k in ETh, for "maybe next check".
So, those two are certainly turning out well so far.

But then I decided, it wasn't good enough. Crypto is atm, like any of those gambles you kick yourself for as you get older... tesla, apple, intel, amazon..
Imo, its starting to look inevitable. like every time Tesla value increased, and still didn't invest. I think even a spike, and drop down to stable value will only be temporary, and over the next few years, it will surpass that spikes value.

So, need to find the sweet spot. Large enough investment, that will be game changing if it succeeds. Small enough that if it doesn't, it won't bankrupt me. $2600 obviously is not enough.
I withdrew $10k from my non-IRA mutual fund. (which doesn't perform as well as my IRA anyway. 18% vs 26% this year for example) I'll be putting that into crypto.
Shame is, I did this on the 30th... still waiting for the money xfer so I can actually buy the coin. lol. Guess that kind of thing is the point of crypto.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
n6VURwx.jpg

idk. im new to this.
I'm not sure this cycle is going to drop any time soon. but, even if it does, it looks like 20k will be the new normal at least to me.

old trends. 600 average to 17k peak, and dropped back down to about 6k average. dropped to 3.5k for a bit, then up to 11k spike, and 8k average..
from 8k average we just spiked to 20k, at which point all the buzz took off. spiked to 33k last night.

you almost never drop down to the original values. I'd suspect 50-30% reduction from peak at most. I don't see it going below 20k again, imho. and thats if todays 33k is the peak. I'm don't really think it is.

There doesn't seem to be an obvious, dec, jan, feb, etc trend I can see.

I bit. back in dec 23rd, I put $600 for incoming stim check 300 in btc, 300 in eth. then, dec 30, said fuck it.. Another 1k in BTC, and 1k in ETh, for "maybe next check".
So, those two are certainly turning out well so far.

But then I decided, it wasn't good enough. Crypto is atm, like any of those gambles you kick yourself for as you get older... tesla, apple, intel, amazon..
Imo, its starting to look inevitable. like every time Tesla value increased, and still didn't invest. I think even a spike, and drop down to stable value will only be temporary, and over the next few years, it will surpass that spikes value.

So, need to find the sweet spot. Large enough investment, that will be game changing if it succeeds. Small enough that if it doesn't, it won't bankrupt me. $2600 obviously is not enough.
I withdrew $10k from my non-IRA mutual fund. (which doesn't perform as well as my IRA anyway. 18% vs 26% this year for example) I'll be putting that into crypto.
Shame is, I did this on the 30th... still waiting for the money xfer so I can actually buy the coin. lol. Guess that kind of thing is the point of crypto.
BTC has a floor price depending on the country. Its driven mainly by average electricity costs. This is why farming is more prevalent and profitable in countries with lower electricity costs. IIRC, in the US it costs about 6k on average to mine a BTC. Its been a while and the numbers could have changed somewhat, but that represented a basic floor price last I looked.

• 1Like