Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone with half a brain cell would buy before this "event", if they had faith in the herd. Surely people aren't this retarded.

But yes, this. Whoever made that meme is telling everyone to hodl but obvious about to sell. :)

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone with half a brain cell would buy before this "event", if they had faith in the herd. Surely people aren't this retarded.

Yep that's what everyone did with XRP and when the "all buy now" time rolled around, it got dumped massively (to the tune of dropping 20% in a minute or two). I wasn't actually aware of this buy time event until after it happened, just saw it crashing and got out.

If you can afford to sit at your PC with your finger on the trigger you can roll the dice I guess. I more than doubled my money off the first Doge pump but I'd have lost a lot of that on XRP if I hadn't been at the screen to intervene. Still lost some money. I'm considering it a lesson learned, don't chase that dragon.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I've got a bunch of it, but I don't think my wallet is going to sync up in time. It is 6 years behind.

Edit: The blockchain torrent is quick though!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Michael Saylor CEO of MicroStrategy (MSTR) is holding a conference for institutional investors regarding how to hold their treasuries in Bitcoin. This conversation from that conference has been lighting crypto Twitter on fire. I'm watching it now, but they're essentially laying out the case for WHY companies should consider moving their treasuries here, and the rest of the conference is about HOW. As I understand it 1400 companies are attending.

First 14 minutes are worth the price of admission

Also worth watching is this site that tracks BTC holdings for institutions

Check out MSTR valuation since they announced their original BTC purchases.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It seems like I would need to spend as much time studying and tracking crypto as I do studying the markets to be successful. And there aren't enough hours in the day.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
It seems like I would need to spend as much time studying and tracking crypto as I do studying the markets to be successful. And there aren't enough hours in the day.
Sort of. You just need to understand the base case, figure out an accumulation strategy, then DCA. If you want to trade then good luck. Crypto at this stage is largely a buy and hold asset. That requires some work up front.

There is a pretty decent chance we're all being given an opportunity to front run the largest wealth transfer in human history and you're complaining about some homework.

This of course assumes you buy the meme of a new financial system running through crypto networks.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok crypto bros, here's the question. I'm seeing a pattern pretty much identical to the last time doge jumped up to ridiculous heights: steady increase, lots of twitter blue check chatter, Elon tweet, planned buy time tonight, etc. This is almost certainly a pump in dump (imo).

Last time it jumped to .08 and kept bouncing back down again. Ultimately never made it past .08. It's starting from a higher spot now. So here are the options:

1. Set my sell limit at .08 and triple my investment and be happy (I'm fairly confident it will hit at least .08).
2. Sell half my coin at .08 and keep half in case it does go to the "moon"
3. Go balls deep on doge and hold all coins until that fucker the moon (around $1).

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Ok crypto bros, here's the question. I'm seeing a pattern pretty much identical to the last time doge jumped up to ridiculous heights: steady increase, lots of twitter blue check chatter, Elon tweet, planned buy time tonight, etc. This is almost certainly a pump in dump (imo).

Last time it jumped to .08 and kept bouncing back down again. Ultimately never made it past .08. It's starting from a higher spot now. So here are the options:

1. Set my sell limit at .08 and triple my investment and be happy (I'm fairly confident it will hit at least .08).
2. Sell half my coin at .08 and keep half in case it does go to the "moon"
3. Go balls deep on doge and hold all coins until that fucker the moon (around $1).

what makes you think it's going to hit .08? musk's tweet only got it to peak to .054 this time - I'd say you'd sell everything now and wait 24 hours for it to drop again then rebuy in if you really like playing with it

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
My blockchain download is perpetually 4 hours away, kind of like fusion is forever 30 years away. Then I gotta sync and find some kind of exchange that works. I doubt I will make it in time for the fun.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
what makes you think it's going to hit .08? musk's tweet only got it to peak to .054 this time - I'd say you'd sell everything now and wait 24 hours for it to drop again then rebuy in if you really like playing with it

I mean I'm totally guessing here. The "group buy" thing today isn't scheduled until later today, so I'm kind of imagining it building momentum all day. Last time it bounced off .08, but this time it might not even get back there or it might blow past it. That's kind of why I'm fielding opinions. I've gotten lucky with doge, but most people in this thread have been watching crypto way longer than me.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Doge isn't getting to a dollar, I would be shocked. I put 2k in when it was a 2.5 cents. My hand is going to be on the sell button at around 8pm est.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Doge isn't getting to a dollar, I would be shocked. I put 2k in when it was a 2.5 cents. My hand is going to be on the sell button at around 8pm est.

Shit man- you think it's going to get that high? I was going to be shocked if it broke .10