Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Break Break Can buy doge on RH. It's fast and easy and you can even buy it with instant funds now. That said, I'm not a RH fan because the bullshit they pulled with the meme stocks. I use them because I can't find anyone else, not because I trust them. So there's that. There's also the issue that (according to some theories) you don't even own the coins you purchase on RH. This means you can't xfer coins off RH onto another platform. Not sure if this is true or not, but you might want to look into it.

Rajaah Rajaah The floor for doge was .030 several days ago. Then it seemed to move to .050 after a big surge. Not sure what it is now, but I'm personally going to buy back into it if it drops back down in the .05 range again.

Something we should all remember about doge: a week isn't really enough time to determine a true floor for any crypto imo. So I don't think we really know what the floor is at this point. Also worth remembering is that doge seems totally dependent on Elon Musk. If he were to tweet that he has been joking about doge tomorrow and he thinks it sucks, it will bottom back to the penny range overnight.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
wth. btc up 10% in an hour this morning. up to 43k. anyone know why?
In the last hour, it has been confirmed via an SEC filing that Tesla has invested 1.5 BIL worth of cash into Bitcoins and said they will start accepting BTC as payments.

It has gone nuts since and is all the talk of the financial networks.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The amount of power that man holds over the market is getting out of hand.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
John D. Rockefeller brought home heating cheaper and transportation ability to the masses, but break him up. Nowdays ummm. And if you look at the companies Standard oil was broken up into several of them are back together again.

Caliane

if it drives adoption, its a good thing. But yeah, the shitposting could turn bad if he started shitting on something. or you know.. dogecoin..

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Microstrategy set the stage for corporations, now Elon just made it an existential risk for CFO's not to have a BTC strategy.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If it's like the last Elon spike it will shoot up in 45 minutes, go sideways for a few hours and then drop down again.
News travels so fast now that any news is priced into the market in hours if not minutes.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If it's like the last Elon spike it will shoot up in 45 minutes, go sideways for a few hours and then drop down again.
News travels so fast now that any news is priced into the market in hours if not minutes.
I am sure the big boys are parsing his (and others') twitter feeds for algo trading at this point. Just like regular stocks, they spike instantly on news / tweets.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Perfect demonstration of much of a joke BTC is as a currency.

He bought up 1% of all BTC in the world in January and the market didnt even react. But once he tells the world, it shoots up 10%.

Currency doesnt behave like this, nor should it. This purchase by Tesla exposes how weak, unstable and fickle BTC is as an asset.

If this was a stock, someone buying up 1% of all shares would noticeably move the price, i.e. it would respond to market forces and dynamics. BTC only responds to hype, memes and the endless hucking of shysters like Saylor, Winklevosses and the rest on BTC Twitter

Caliane

well I mean.. BTC was up and down greatly all of Jan. to say the market didn't react is a bit disingenuous. It could have been the investments keeping it from dropping below 30k. Maybe he was the one doing it. or maybe hes the one that made it shoot from 32k on jan 29 to 38k, in one day.

jan 29 was the day he changed his twitter icon to bitcoin. so, either that was just a reaction to him tweeting... or, was also from him ACTUALLY investing a ton of BTC on that day.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Well, I finally bought some Doge. Time for it to crash so everyone can buy in!

Had a funny idea to put $10 each into like 30 different lower-tier cryptos and leave them alone, in case one of them explodes in a few years. However, Coinbase's $3 fee per transaction makes a mass-buy like that totally unappealing. I wish I could get Coinbase Pro, but it just doesn't work for me for some reason, unspecified error during the sign-up process. I need something without fees if I'm going to go on a small-buy spree. Kraken isn't accepting new sign-ups either.

• 1Solidarity

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some of the investing advice like having a pre-planned exit is starting to make more sense. I bought the shorts with the intention of only keeping them for a day or so, but the market moved in the wrong direction so I held on. 40% down on a BTC short atm. Guess I should learn to eat a loss earlier, alternatively if this bubble could pop today that'd be cool too.

• 2Diamond Hands
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Ever since I bought $100 of Doge as an experiment, it's been crashing nonstop. At least BTC is way up. I hedged my bets too much on that one though, and only put $700 on it (at around 35k). You need to really have a "glass half full" mentality with this stuff because it's SUPER easy to get depressed about it. "I bought that when it was high" when you're unsuccessful, or "I should have bought this sooner" when you ARE successful, are super-easy traps to fall into.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Some of the investing advice like having a pre-planned exit is starting to make more sense. I bought the shorts with the intention of only keeping them for a day or so, but the market moved in the wrong direction so I held on. 40% down on a BTC short atm. Guess I should learn to eat a loss earlier, alternatively if this bubble could pop today that'd be cool too.
Oh man. You shorted BTC during a bull run, you might get your exit but I wouldn't bet on it. Look at historical bull runs and see how the shorts held up. Good luck man, I hope you get your dip. We're in or entering a bubble for sure, but it could be 6+ months before it pops. With history as context we may not even be close to the top.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Oh man. You shorted BTC during a bull run, you might get your exit but I wouldn't bet on it. Look at historical bull runs and see how the shorts held up. Good luck man, I hope you get your dip. We're in or entering a bubble for sure, but it could be 6+ months before it pops.

BTC historically has a bull run Jan - Feb and dips in Feb-March.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users