Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
I’m up over 10x on my last vet buys from end of 2018. Trying to start a layered cash out on small portion of it but Binance.us taking forever to verify me 😡

Caliane

This is why I struggle to see how it can ever become a "commonly used" currency. That and the fucking volatility in that my 2$ soda will have cost me 500$ if I waited a week :(

BUT, as a way to make money simply by buying and selling, crypto is fucking awesome. Honestly you could have picked almost any coin this last month, they are almost all up over 50%. BTC will be(stay?) god with ETH/MKR close behind, but plenty of others are making plenty of people rich.
you too.

dl natrium to your phone. a nano wallet.

post your address, to receive.
ill send you some nano. fast and free.

Brad

Trakanon Raider
If any of you want to get in a crypto super early, check out Pi, can mine on your mobile phone via Pi app, it in minting stage so not out in the wild yet!

Brad

Trakanon Raider
I thought Eth would hit 2k, didnt expect this 1750 plateau.

A ton of ups and down in each. I think shorts on BTC/Eth is a bit crazy. could make just as much betting ON them, as against, without nearly so much risk..

like btc down 1500 right now, over the last hour... 48,000 to 46,500. but, i bet its back to 48000 by the end of the day, if not 49k.

I think the up and downs is ppl selling a section of their BTC to protect from bubble popping. I did the same thing and sold one in case it pops and will be able to buy back in later, but if I'm wrong and it keeps going up, not a problem as I can sell my next BTC at the next level and so on. Just safer than betting all in it goes up only to watch BTC go down to sub 20K and stay there for a year or two.

This is why I struggle to see how it can ever become a "commonly used" currency. That and the fucking volatility in that my 2$ soda will have cost me 500$ if I waited a week :(

BUT, as a way to make money simply by buying and selling, crypto is fucking awesome. Honestly you could have picked almost any coin this last month, they are almost all up over 50%. BTC will be(stay?) god with ETH/MKR close behind, but plenty of others are making plenty of people rich.

Yeah, Etherium cannot be everyday currency the way it is going. Need fast and cheap. That is why I hold DGB

DGB is designed to be used for daily payments as qouted below.

"Much faster.​

DigiByte transactions are confirmed in approx. 15 seconds, which is 40 times faster than Bitcoin and 10 times faster than Litecoin. SegWit enables up to 1066 on-chain transactions per second and negligible fees make DigiByte the ideal currency for daily payments."

If yo do not want to read, then watch this video

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Happy to see some folks here getting into Pi. If you want an invite can also use my username (Drajakur).

• 1Like

Caliane

For any who still have not joined Pi and wish to know more can read the white paper
man, reading this.. all I could think was, we need to demand every EA game, kickstarter game, etc needs to write up a white paper like this to establish the design goals, purpose of the game, the history of design elements its based on.

Poster

Lord Nagafen Raider
I feel BTC is gonna break 50k this weekend 💰
$49k this morning... getting closer!

Sorry if it's been covered elsewhere, what do (US-based) people here use to actively trade? Binance, Bitfinex, Kraken? My previous coin YOLOs have just been in Coinbase. Since I'm FINRA-licensed/work at a bank, pretty much the only thing I can actively trade w/o a 30-day hold is crypto.

• 1Worf

Caliane

I don't do active trading.

But my experiences so far: most action was with Coinbase.
I hear coinbase pro is cheaper for active trading. But have not used it to compare.

I initially created a robinhood account. but never actually used it, as it used the same bank account service as Coinbase, which kept getting errors in connecting to my bank. While coinbase let me just manually enter my acct # to verify and transfer money.

I created a Kraken account to deal in coins Coinbase does not offer. It wants Wire transfers to buy coins with fiat... to hell with that shit... However, you CAN transfer cryto to buy crytpo on kraken to avoid dealing with that... so I literally transferred btc to kraken, to buy nano.. obvs has its own bullshit fees to do it this way.
kraken is based on san fran iirc.

haven't tried binance or gemini yet. I'm not sure whats up with binance and new york, and that deal.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Tried signing up for PI and it won't text me the code for my phone. Even tried the thing where you send them a text instead and still nothing

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

I think they want to give them the option to having part of their pay in bitcoin not the whole thing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

I think they want to give them the option to having part of their pay in bitcoin not the whole thing.
Imaging getting your paycheck on Friday paid in BTC and then on Friday night Elon tweets "sold all my BTC".

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
I think the up and downs is ppl selling a section of their BTC to protect from bubble popping. I did the same thing and sold one in case it pops and will be able to buy back in later, but if I'm wrong and it keeps going up, not a problem as I can sell my next BTC at the next level and so on. Just safer than betting all in it goes up only to watch BTC go down to sub 20K and stay there for a year or two.

Yeah, Etherium cannot be everyday currency the way it is going. Need fast and cheap. That is why I hold DGB

DGB is designed to be used for daily payments as qouted below.

"Much faster.​

DigiByte transactions are confirmed in approx. 15 seconds, which is 40 times faster than Bitcoin and 10 times faster than Litecoin. SegWit enables up to 1066 on-chain transactions per second and negligible fees make DigiByte the ideal currency for daily payments."

If yo do not want to read, then watch this video

15 seconds at retail is eternity. When chips got added to cards and it added a second or two to the transaction time, people lost their shit.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
After my 3 minute Coinbase fiasco I opted to try Gemini. Any idea how long it takes to get verified?