Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Searched and found no hits. Anyone heard of AmpersandCoin? Supposedly they only made 30 million and all of them are backed by .01 gram of gold. Trying to make a stable coin based on the gold standard.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Had a feeling there was going to be a dump so I closed out my longs before going to bed. Wasn't sure enough to actually put shorts in, could have made some easy % overnight. Half right is better than wrong I guess.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Well boys, I allotted 4k for crypto stuff. Just put 2k into BTC and 2k into Doge. Plan is to leave them both there for quite a while. You can tell me I'm dumb if you want- you might be right.

How's that going? I guess I need to catch up on the thread. I finally gave in and bought $300 of Doge last week and, as I predicted, that turned out to be the high point and it's just been a descent ever since. Today I was down to $240 on the initial investment. I don't think Doge is gonna be a winner for me.

My $1000 or so in BTC, on the other hand, is worth like $1600 after two weeks. Def recommend. Keep adding more as I can, dollar cost averaging is the way to go.

Also, I got $200 of MANA a couple weeks ago and it paid off quite a bit (260 now I believe), going to let that one sit though.

Brad

Trakanon Raider
DGB climbing up real nicely!

BTC holding steady, thank god for that, lol.

Last edited:

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
How's that going? I guess I need to catch up on the thread. I finally gave in and bought $300 of Doge last week and, as I predicted, that turned out to be the high point and it's just been a descent ever since. Today I was down to $240 on the initial investment. I don't think Doge is gonna be a winner for me.

My $1000 or so in BTC, on the other hand, is worth like $1600 after two weeks. Def recommend. Keep adding more as I can, dollar cost averaging is the way to go.

Also, I got $200 of MANA a couple weeks ago and it paid off quite a bit (260 now I believe), going to let that one sit though.

It's funny, at the time I posted that I bought the btc outright and put (what I thought was) an easy limit buy on doge for when it dropped down a penny or so. The doge never dropped so the buy order didn't execute.

I was going to up my limit price and buy the doge anyway, but the article I linked a few posts after that post dropped and made me realize I should put more into btc.

Long story short, I put it all into btc and I'm glad I did. TBH, I still believe doge has some value, and I'm keeping what I already have. But the idea of btc becoming the "gold standard" for the inevitable global transition into digital currency is just so compelling to me that I'm trying to buy as much as I can.

I can easily envision a cascade of banks/companies hoarding btc and driving the price through the roof.

It's easy to feel like I'm late to the game now with btc. Seeing a price near 50k a coin makes it almost feel pointless to throw 5k at it. But if this is truly just the beginning and btc does end up becoming the foundational coin for the digital currency future, I'll be really glad I bought a dime's worth now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brad

Trakanon Raider
It's funny, at the time I posted that I bought the btc outright and put (what I thought was) an easy limit buy on doge for when it dropped down a penny or so. The doge never dropped so the buy order didn't execute.

I was going to up my limit price and buy the doge anyway, but the article I linked a few posts after that post dropped and made me realize I should put more into btc.

Long story short, I put it all into btc and I'm glad I did. TBH, I still believe doge has some value, and I'm keeping what I already have. But the idea of btc becoming the "gold standard" for the inevitable global transition into digital currency is just so compelling to me that I'm trying to buy as much as I can.

I can easily envision a cascade of banks/companies hoarding btc and driving the price through the roof.

It's easy to feel like I'm late to the game now with btc. Seeing a price near 50k a coin makes it almost feel pointless to throw 5k at it. But if this is truly just the beginning and btc does end up becoming the foundational coin for the digital currency future, I'll be really glad I bought a dime's worth now.

Buying whole is not necessary. BTC double still double 5K even though it is not a whole BTC. Just a bit of a mentality thing, like the .99 cents at the end of sale price tags in shops.

Also pump coins is not something you should put in long term anyways. It for day traders.

15 seconds at retail is eternity. When chips got added to cards and it added a second or two to the transaction time, people lost their shit.

Yeah, I see your point, we will eventually feature something out. Will be interesting to see how things shake out by 2030.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Buying whole is not necessary. BTC double still double 5K even though it is not a whole BTC. Just a bit of a mentality thing, like the .99 cents at the end of sale price tags in shops.

Also pump coins is not something you should put in long term anyways. It for day traders.

Yeah, I see your point, we will eventually feature something out. Will be interesting to see how things shake out by 2030.

Yeah for sure. I agree. Was just saying I had to get myself out of the mentality that I needed a whole coin. The idea of buying a whole btc coin is already beyond the grasp of a lot of retail crypto buyers, and if they are right about where btc is going soon, only big firms are going to be dealing with whole btc coins in the future.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Gold has currently about $10trillion marketcap. if BTC were to replace gold, it would need the same. a 10x growth. so, 900% growth is a ton of growth still. but, at the same time, yes. A 1k invest isn't going to end up $1million anymore. 1k will be 10k, 10k will be 100k, 100k will be 1 million. (ignoring inflation.)

I don't have a whole BTC either.

Should start a gofundme.

"its 2021, and I don't have a whole BTC, please help."

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Not having 1 BTC beats having had bitcoin and lost your password.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
My $300 on Doge is down to $235 or so now. Time to just end the experiment and sell? Can add that to my GME losses in the lesson learned category. Or I could just leave it alone and either lose more money or watch it rocket back up. Just sucks seeing everything else gaining and Doge losing all week.

Seriously considering just putting everything I've got going forward into BTC (keeping my current investments where they are but not adding more to them). BTC has really paid off and done well offsetting my losses in things like GME and Doge.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Elon really, really wants Doge to happen. If you are one of the people that believes Elon can make just about whatever he wants happen, then you should hold onto Doge. Otherwise you might as well ditch it

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Whatever you go with make sure you understand the tokenics (is that a word?!). For example doge literally creates like 14mil new coins a day, pretty hard to fight that inflation if you’re thinking about a long term hold.

• 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think Elon's really talking about Bitcoin in his tweets when he talks about Doge, he just doesn't want to get hounded by the SEC again. Those Tesla tweets cost him millions.

Hold if you think this is the bottom, if you think it'll be lower (even tomorrow or next week) sell and you'll always have the option to buy back in then. Sucks to eat a loss but holding on to a $60 loss until it turns into a $120 loss isn't helping.
Personally I wouldn't hold at this time because I think the Doge hype has come and gone, it's been dropping for a week which is an eternity in internet hype time. People are off chasing the next moon.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think Elon's really talking about Bitcoin in his tweets when he talks about Doge, he just doesn't want to get hounded by the SEC again. Those Tesla tweets cost him millions.

Hold if you think this is the bottom, if you think it'll be lower (even tomorrow or next week) sell and you'll always have the option to buy back in then. Sucks to eat a loss but holding on to a $60 loss until it turns into a $120 loss isn't helping.
Personally I wouldn't hold at this time because I think the Doge hype has come and gone, it's been dropping for a week which is an eternity in internet hype time. People are off chasing the next moon.

Crypto isn't regulated by the SEC because it's not considered a security. He can talk about BTC all he wants (and he has talked about it).

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
If any of you want to get in a crypto super early, check out Pi, can mine on your mobile phone via Pi app, it in minting stage so not out in the wild yet!
Is this a scam or what? I signed up and used you though.

If you are a believer in the upcoming crypto boom, you might want to check out SINO. Hell, you might want to check it out either way. It's a shipping company that just started a coin mining operation. Think MARA, but still under the radar and cheap.
Nice call:emoji_thumbsup:

1613484183626.png

• 1Tendies

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
50k BTC this morning. for about 30 seconds.

Lost money on Aave. Dumped it, and Put a buy for more Nano this morning. Nano is pretty high atm. so, probably not great in the short term. looking to get it at $6.25.
May start dollar cost averaging ADA for a bit. a % of paychecks as they come in. its been doing crazy, looks to be a real Eth competitor. already fixing some of the things Eth2.o is supposed to fix. Since its in the platform genre, its more likely to be competitive, but not exclusive.

Last edited:

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
For this Pi thing, are we all in a security group/contributor group? I can't figure out how to add people by name

Brad

Trakanon Raider
For this Pi thing, are we all in a security group/contributor group? I can't figure out how to add people by name
After you have completed three mining sessions, you will be able to invite others. Just send the person a link to Pi website with your Pi handle name at the end like this for example >> https: //minepi (dot) com/rangoth <<

Is this a scam or what? I signed up and used you though.
I do not think so, but if it was, we do not lose money anyway.

Last edited: