Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
And we will be paying $1,000 for a candy bar.
1613789485369.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Another newb question... Apparently I can't use Binance in Texas. (even going to Binance.us it has no love for me...) What's a good platform to use for us Texans? Short of just robbing people when they cross the border?

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
"Nano is fast and no fee." That's a big deal. Fast and no fee would be magic words in a spending currency. I looked up a little about nano after seeing that, thinking maybe nano could become the "everyday" currency to BTC's "gold reserve." But it looks like they've already made as much nano as they will ever make. As a reserve commodity, I think the finite limit of BTC actually helps it. But the inability to make more nano seems to doom it's chances as a "spending" currency... unless I'm missing something, which is very possible.

If Nano can be divided infinitely what does it matter? Printing infinite dollars is why we’re in the mess we are in the first place.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
If Nano can be divided infinitely what does it matter? Printing infinite dollars is why we’re in the mess we are in the first place.

I think you want the number of it to increase infinitely, but diminishing instead of the exponential increase we see with dollars

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider

Shit like this is scary for crypto investors. Right now Musk is the big banner bearer for the crypto paradigm shift. Eventually enough other whales will buy into the shift that he won't matter as much as he does now. But for now, he could crash the crypto system by himself with a few tweets if he wanted to.

Before you jump on me, I'm not saying he could "kill" crypto or that it won't eventually succeed with or without him- I'm just saying he is 90% of the reason that the crypto paradigm shift has as much momentum as it does now.

• 2Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, this actually sounds bearish saying it's "seems high".

Either that or he realizes that the SEC will have hell convicting him of trying to pump or suppress a market in a cryptocurrency so he's having fun being an Omega level troll.

• 1Solidarity

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, this actually sounds bearish saying it's "seems high".

Either that or he realizes that the SEC will have hell convicting him of trying to pump or suppress a market in a cryptocurrency so he's having fun being an Omega level troll.

SEC doesn't regulate crypto as a security.

Edit: And yeah, it's weird for Musk to say he thinks BTC and ETH are a "bit high" considering the huge investment he just made into BTC. It didn't seem to affect the market much, FWIW. Also, I think it's one of those things that makes Musk a little different. He will be the first person to tell you he doesn't play the market. He claims (and I don't have any reason not to believe him) that the only stock he has is TSLA. He seems much more interested in advancing ideas than increasing the value of his investments. Credit to him.

Last edited:

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Shit like this is scary for crypto investors. Right now Musk is the big banner bearer for the crypto paradigm shift.

BTC all-time-highed again hours after that tweet.

Musk didn't start talking about Bitcoin until after it was 40k.

If any rich asshole is driving this train, it's Michael Saylor, whos company literally just took on 1 billion USD of debt to buy more BTC after buying 70k+ coins and is giving business seminars on why and how corporations should buy BTC to protect shareholder value with 1400+ attending while also doing interviews on every business cable channel and crypto podcast you can think of. Who do you think Musk spoke to just before he had Tesla buy bitcoin?

• 2Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Maybe he just wants to buy more? It's pretty common for institutions to FUD Bitcoin just before they make a purchase to lower the price. Its a small market and that shit still works.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Maybe he just wants to buy more? It's pretty common for institutions to FUD Bitcoin just before they make a purchase to lower the price. Its a small market and that shit still works.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing and the timing is right:

Dec 2017 Market expands
March 2017 Market contracts

Dec 2019 Market expands
March 2019 market contracts

Dec 2021 Market expands
March 2021 ?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Found an old wallet with 24K Dogecoin. It was 3 days of mining for fun in 2013. Client is syncing now, much wow. Am I a trillionaire now or can i buy a coke can?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Caliane

Found an old wallet with 24K Dogecoin. It was 3 days of mining for fun in 2013. Client is syncing now, much wow. Am I a trillionaire now or can i buy a coke can?
$1,320

Doge is still absurdly high.
.055 atm, it was at .07, and .08 for a bit.

• 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Might be worth moving them to an exchange in case they pump off some Elon tweet again. Or hold, maybe they'll unironically become the new reserve currency of the world. This clown world shows no sign of slowing down.

Booted up an old PC and found my old Doge wallet from 2014, I have a grand total of 150. Found I had also installed the Bitcoin client at that time and did nothing with it. :Mad PC:

Caliane

Might be worth moving them to an exchange in case they pump off some Elon tweet again. Or hold, maybe they'll unironically become the new reserve currency of the world. This clown world shows no sign of slowing down.

Booted up an old PC and found my old Doge wallet from 2014, I have a grand total of 150. Found I had also installed the Bitcoin client at that time and did nothing with it. :Mad PC:
$8.22 at .0548

Caliane

to be fair.... dogecoin in 2014. .0018 high, .0001 low. .0004 average. so uh, .06cents to $8.22 is pretty good.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
BTC all-time-highed again hours after that tweet.

Musk didn't start talking about Bitcoin until after it was 40k.

If any rich asshole is driving this train, it's Michael Saylor, whos company literally just took on 1 billion USD of debt to buy more BTC after buying 70k+ coins and is giving business seminars on why and how corporations should buy BTC to protect shareholder value with 1400+ attending while also doing interviews on every business cable channel and crypto podcast you can think of. Who do you think Musk spoke to just before he had Tesla buy bitcoin?

Saylor is hilarious. A CEO of supposedly the #1 business intelligence company (whose products no one can name) who spends 99.9% of his time on twitter, doing shitty laser eyes memes and pumping an unrelated asset vs. doing something like, oh i don't know, promoting your own company and their products.