Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Haus

<Silver Donator>
This guy has an interesting point. Not sure the it's perfect correlation/causation-wise. He mentions that there's a huge chinese bitcoin mining pool and every time they dump large volumes of BTC onto exchanges there's a temporary downward spike in prices. He mentions it at around 2:30 in this video. I just find his constant head motion and frenetic speaking style hard to deal with, but the underlying information I found interesting. Of course, as mentioned above he takes the time to mention there he managed to profit on the dip, heh.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
This guy has an interesting point. Not sure the it's perfect correlation/causation-wise. He mentions that there's a huge chinese bitcoin mining pool and every time they dump large volumes of BTC onto exchanges there's a temporary downward spike in prices. He mentions it at around 2:30 in this video. I just find his constant head motion and frenetic speaking style hard to deal with, but the underlying information I found interesting. Of course, as mentioned above he takes the time to mention there he managed to profit on the dip, heh.

Yea, Bitboy crypto talks about this alot on his yt channel. Nearly all substantial drops can be correlated with them dumping.

Caliane

ouch.

Eth is tanking harder then BTC. BTC is holding well compared to alts.
my nano tanked hard.

Ada did not tank at all.. +12% for the day, +15% for the week..

went from 63% ROI to 30%.
I'm not looking to short term trade. so will just keep holding.

Wish I had more spare cash to buy honestly.

If the "unrealized gains, euphoria stage needed for a REAL crash" people are correct, then this really is a huge time to buy.
I believe "euphoria stage" btc is 60-100k.

This swing is pretty big, and probably would have been worth trying to sell /buy. the weekend swings. I dunno, feels like you would just be wrecking yourself on taxes, and its not worth it?
how do active traders deal with the tax% issue?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
hmm, you don't sound like much of a comrade, Araysar :(

" Although I'm not sure that criticizing China for building too many homes for their homeless is a convincing argument. "

This is how I know I'm talking to a person who's entire understanding of Chinese economy is based of a handful of tweets and headlines

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Saylor is hilarious. A CEO of supposedly the #1 business intelligence company (whose products no one can name) who spends 99.9% of his time on twitter, doing shitty laser eyes memes and pumping an unrelated asset vs. doing something like, oh i don't know, promoting your own company and their products.

This is how you know that laser eye retard is full of shit. Either he is lying, or he actually believes that BTC will have a market cap that is 30% of the entire wealth of the world (~$350T)

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
" Although I'm not sure that criticizing China for building too many homes for their homeless is a convincing argument. "

This is how I know I'm talking to a person who's entire understanding of Chinese economy is based of a handful of tweets and headlines
WTF? Just when you think you've seen the floor on retardation you find someone that actually believes that Chinas ghost towns built out of literal trash are there for their homeless. Fucking LOL. There really is a sucker born every minute.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
WTF? Just when you think you've seen the floor on retardation you find someone that actually believes that Chinas ghost towns built out of literal trash are there for their homeless. Fucking LOL. There really is a sucker born every minute.

Have you not heard about the masses of homeless that the Chinese Communist Party just allows to randomly wander around China? Its just like Southern California x 1,000,000!

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
A lot of the big name BTC people believe that 100T usd is where its heading. He's in good company

Yeah a good company of hype men, shysters, hucksters, swindlers and scammers

• 2Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Have you not heard about the masses of homeless that the Chinese Communist Party just allows to randomly wander around China? Its just like Southern California x 1,000,000!

Those people aren't homeless because they are put into work camps. Also a shed 4x4 made out of cardboard is not a home. Places that don't subsidize the homeless lifestyle in multiple ways don't have homeless or very few of them. I haven't seen a homeless person in years. Too hot in the summer and no free plae/shade/ac to stay or even stand in. But they manage to travel 1/2 way across the country to find places that are more welcoming and give them a variety of things and put up with their stuff. Magic.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Yeah a good company of hype men, shysters, hucksters, swindlers and scammers
Now that Wall Street has fleeced everyone so bad that Boomers are figuring it out, they're going to move to alt currencies and the next generation of dupes. Ron Paul. Hippies. Libertarians. Religious Right. Green New Deal. Vegans. Death Cults. Qanon. They all use the same wild-eyed language and the promise of a spectacular future is always just over the next hill (maybe not death cults). They always get left holding the bag wondering what the hell happened. I've been there, we all have. Hopefully I don't end up holding the next big bag that comes around.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
and the promise of a spectacular future is always just over the next hill.
You know what is just over the next hill? A main battle tank lying in wait hull down

1614133001489.png

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Caliane

hefty decline again.

Coinbase being approved for public listing.

Last edited:

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
hefty decline again.

Coinbase being approved for public listing.

Bitcoin dropped below its 20 DMA. Let’s see how low the limbo stick goes!

I’m wanting to get back in. Hopefully it will continue down to its 100 DMA.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’m wanting to get back in. Hopefully it will continue down to its 100 DMA.
Me too buddy. Accidentally sold my BTC dime like a dumbass and refuse to get back in until the price drops. But I want back in...

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
When and where will coinbase be listed? I actually have faith in a big early jump with this stock.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
OK. Newb question here. I'm on Coinbase (see the "old guy finds money" post). But wanting to buy into some other altcoins, most of which you can't buy on the coinbase exchange. But apparently binance you just can't use in Texas of all things. Am I going to have to tempt fate with Kraken? Are there any good wide exchanges to buy/sell on easily for a Texan? Or am I missing some huge part of things? Which I think I have partially because I haven't gotten to the point of having a cold wallet or anything to move stuff to, and I hear that's a thing.

Feel free to roast me away for this. heh