Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
NY is so ass-backwards when it comes to crypto. I just want to fucking buy ADA Cardano to add a bit to my portfolio. Haven't found a single exchange I wanted to use that will allow me to purchase ADA.

Binance ? no, Crypto.com? no, Gemini? no. Coinbase? no. FUCK YOU COCK SUCKERS HAIL CRYPTO

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
NY is so ass-backwards when it comes to crypto. I just want to fucking buy ADA Cardano to add a bit to my portfolio. Haven't found a single exchange I wanted to use that will allow me to purchase ADA.

Binance ? no, Crypto.com? no, Gemini? no. Coinbase? no. FUCK YOU COCK SUCKERS HAIL CRYPTO
That is a US problem. I listed a way a few pages back but it's cumbersome. If you already have coinbase and BTC in that account you can set it up quickly. (cash ->coinbase -> convert to BTC -> send BTC to kraken -> convert to ADA)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Anyone want me to make them digital art to sell as NFT? Split the money? lol

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I really don't understand what gives digital art value with NFT other than speculation crazies. Printscreen makes your art infinitely reproducible

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I really don't understand what gives digital art value with NFT other than speculation crazies. Printscreen makes your art infinitely reproducible
As I understand it the value in NFT's is provable digital ownership. The art context isn't the strongest use case IMO but speculators gunna speculate

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
As I understand it the value in NFT's is provable digital ownership. The art context isn't the strongest use case IMO but speculators gunna speculate
So basically - a cryptocurrency with a pretty picture attached? Sure why not?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Back to scooping dips when I can on both BTC and ETH. Anyone actually staking their coins on DeFi? Not sure I like any risk in my coinage being out there, but I was also an idiot holding money in an exchange for 2 years

For me I have been considering taking money I had parked in a traditional savings account (as a "just in case money" buffer) and just putting it into USDC and then storing those on BlockFi for interest. I think it all comes down to how much you trust the stability/ethics/security of the platform you're going to stake on.

• 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
From a higher level view, you could say the same about physical collectables/art as well though. I could print 100 Honus Wagner rookie cards, but they would still be worthless to the community that puts value on a "real" copy.

Not that I am really endosring collecting shit like, because it's not my cup of tea. I just see it as once you remove the digital/physical aspect it is all the same.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
From a higher level view, you could say the same about physical collectables/art as well though. I could print 100 Honus Wagner rookie cards, but they would still be worthless to the community that puts value on a "real" copy.

Yeah, this is my thought on NFT's. The whole point of collectibles is being able to hang it up on your wall. It's physical EPEEN.

How do I hang up a Honus Wagner NFT in my New World house?

• 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, this is my thought on NFT's. The whole point of collectibles is being able to hang it up on your wall. It's physical EPEEN.

How do I hang up a Honus Wagner NFT in my New World house?
That was my exact thought as well. Which led me to see they have digital frames to fill that part of the equation. No way would I use any of money on this stuff, but still interesting none the less.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
The bigger picture with NFTs is universal, non-centralized transparency and verification for.... literally anything digital. Digital art is just the beginning. If you don't believe in blockchain stuff then NFTs are going to seem pretty pointless. But if you do, it's not hard to extrapolate how significant it could be.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
To imagine the value of NFTs you have to look past the ideas of correlating it to physical art, even though that's what people are trying to do.

Remember in Ready Player One? All those in game items... think of them as NFTs. There could only be so many Deloreans, or so many Fireflies, or so many of the Zmeckis cubes around. The NFT aspect of it allows for intrinsic validation. In sports collectables I would imagine this will eventually translate into actually digital "certificates of authenticity" being paired with physical objects (like signed hockey pucks".

In the gaming reference, imagine that instead of building a new character in every MMORPG you played there was a way to "go there" from the game you already built and leveled your character in. The new MMORPG would establish "translations" for NFT items and attributes you have in your character. So your level 60 warrior with XYZ gear would be able to "log in" to a different game and be a Warrior of <translated level> with <XYZ equivalent gear>. This is a step towards the ShadowRun style future of virtual environments/worlds.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So what's to stop someone from taking one of my dumb "become one of the fallen" gifs and running it through the ole NFTer and calling it theirs?

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
So what's to stop someone from taking one of my dumb "become one of the fallen" gifs and running it through the ole NFTer and calling it theirs?

I'm guessing nothing. That's why you'd want to attach an NFT to your work at creation rather than sending it out there without an NFT already attached to it. If you didn't give a shit it wouldn't matter if someone attached an NFT to it and called it theirs. If you do give a shit, make sure you attach an NFT to it.

Keep in mind, the NFT would contain data indicating who created it and when, and if it's transferred to whom. Of course there will be disputes, but that's what Court is for. And honestly, NFTs will make digital IP infringement court cases a lot easier than they currently are.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Might have to nft my shitty Pantheon content lol.

Recommendations on places that do this? It's it always tied to etherium?

Haus

<Silver Donator>

Well, for digital art, if you wanted to protect it, for the most part, you would only put a thumbnail on the item in it's sale profile. Even then someone could screen scrape the graphic itself. But the reality is that yes, it wouldn't be that useful for just a graphic. I'm still honestly also waiting to see the real value play out for NFTs as well.

Caliane

i see a potential trainwreck coming.

jack dorsey selling a tweet.

so, heres the thing. Who owns a tweet, youtube vid etc?
If Jack is selling a tweet as a person, that means he is admitting the poster OWNS the tweet. All the social media bullshit of course, insist they own it.

The problem comes as previously, there has never been much of a real value there. perhaps if you try coining a phrase or something...
But now, with NFT's you can assign REAL monetary value to a digital item, such as a tweet.

If you own your tweets, and, tweets have real monetary value. then, twitter deleting your tweets is criminal destruction of property.

• 1Solidarity