Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Oh, duh. I balked at entering bank passwords, but I was able to link it with the numbers instead. In any case, I've got some VET now... at .13. Gonna try not to mope too much about missing the chance to get it at sub-.10.

I apologize in advance if it crashes now.
Ha. I bought $500 of VET at 10 odd cents, wondering if I should have bought more.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Ha. I bought $500 of VET at 10 odd cents, wondering if I should have bought more.

I also bought $500 of it. $200 at around .1320, another $100 at .1275, and another $200 at .1248. Initially I wanted to get $1000 at around .10, but I'm uncertain of it and missed that window so I went with $500.

Where can you buy VET? Coinbase doesn't have it.

Gotta go with Binance for this. Wouldn't be a bit surprised if Coinbase adopts it before too long though, and that might be when you really see it go up in value just due to all of the new traders, I would think.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks like ETH just hit an ATH. Remind me never to buy crypto over the weekend.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
You're not entirely wrong, it's something to consider, but I'm not that worried.

Personally, if someone can actually make it into my gated neighborhood (through walls and two separate guarded gates at that,) Paul Kruger and myself will be waiting. I'm that guy with a gun inside the couch in two different rooms.

View attachment 347119
Off topic, but be sure to set a recurring reminder maybe once a quarter to check/swap your batteries on your optics. I’ll never forget how intensely dumb and embarrassed I felt when I was in Iraq and one of the trucks in my convoy was having engine problems so we had to full stop and establish a perimeter out in the open. I was pulling security and went to turn on my red dot sight, but it was already on... and presumably had been on since the last time I was at the range... and the battery was dead so I only had unzeroed iron sights. As you might imagine, I never made that mistake again.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Off topic, but be sure to set a recurring reminder maybe once a quarter to check/swap your batteries on your optics. I’ll never forget how intensely dumb and embarrassed I felt when I was in Iraq and one of the trucks in my convoy was having engine problems so we had to full stop and establish a perimeter out in the open. I was pulling security and went to turn on my red dot sight, but it was already on... and presumably had been on since the last time I was at the range... and the battery was dead so I only had unzeroed iron sights. As you might imagine, I never made that mistake again.
Funny enough I thought of that when I took the CZ out yesterday. The light is still bright but that’s definitely a year plus old battery.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
This seems to be starting to be a trend. After the CME exchange close on Friday prices bump. Then CME gap kicks in Sunday evening and relevel. Waiting to see if this week will follow the pattern.

• 1Like

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
VET on a tear over the last year and a long way to go still hopefully. My basis around .01 on avg on it though lol.

72F7EA23-1D67-4AA8-943D-61F732834401.png

• 3Like
  • 1To the Moon!
Reactions: 3 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Tried to open a binance.us account for a few coins I want. Fuckers will only allow me to sign up if I can provide proof of my address (Colorado via a bill) instead of NY (where I’m located and it’s not available). Absolute cunts. Fuck NY.

• 1Solidarity

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tried to open a binance.us account for a few coins I want. Fuckers will only allow me to sign up if I can provide proof of my address (Colorado via a bill) instead of NY (where I’m located and it’s not available). Absolute cunts. Fuck NY.

Yeah Ive been dealing with their red tape shit since I signed up a couple weeks ago. The verification/ID stuff is a pita, but it makes me more confident in their security protocols. I think the hack where they lost several million in Bitcoin a couple years ago really motivated them to be thorough.

I've also struggled to get my deposits from my bank into my binance account. No clue why there was so much trouble. It just kept rejecting my deposits. Finally got things straight, but now I missed all kinds of buying opportunities in both ETH and VET.

Their customer service also sucks. No call options, you can only submit a ticket that goes off into the void. They are responsive with your tickets, but you have to go through layers of auto reply bullshit. I still don't think I've actually gotten through to a person.

The good things are their security is really good, their platform is easy to use and I like it, and their prices are unbeatable. Just pray you don't have any issues I guess

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hearing word that Coinbase is evaluating VET to possibly bring it on board. If you plan on investing in VET I would do so BEFORE that happens (assuming it actually does happen).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think usually what seems to happen with coinbase is a huge run up before and then they dump on actual listing. May be mis remembering though.