Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of 5, for some reason I got $4.99 of free BTC in Coinbase some time in the past couple days. Not sure why. I moved all of my BTC to Binance already so it was curious to see BTC pop up again in Coinbase with $5.34 in it.
Anyone sign up based on your referral? Pretty sure they were giving away 5 or 10USD for a referral and still may be doing that.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, it's looking more and more like if you're in it for profits in the next 30 days you can skip the COIN IPO and just put money on BTC or ETH, with ETH outperforming...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, it's looking more and more like if you're in it for profits in the next 30 days you can skip the COIN IPO and just put money on BTC or ETH, with ETH outperforming...

Yeah, the most lucrative part of the COIN IPO is what it's doing for crypto prices.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Bitcoin $64,000, it almost seems pointless to mention as it may well be 68-70 by this time tomorrow. 😜
Edit: it’s already flying through $64s in seconds.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
WELP. Selling at 63k expecting a drop was certainly a mistake. This is insanity.

Buying back in now. Hate taking a hit when I work so hard to pull small percentages on swing trades. At least the price difference isn't too bad. Sold at 62.95 to be exact, buying at 64.40.

What's really painful is that after weeks of being in the 1.25 range, I sold my ADA at 1.29 or so and then within two days it's over 1.50.

Also, sold my Doge at like 5.5 after a month of it sitting there and today I see it at 11.

Starting to think diamondhands really is the play on all of this, brief swing trades aside...

• 2Paper Hands
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Jackie Treehorn Jackie Treehorn two 1070 GTX's versus one 3080 RTX lol:

Capture.PNG

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I converted a bit of doge over to btc at around 9.1 cents. Went to sleep and now it is at 13 haha. Some billionaire playing around I guess :D

• 1WTF

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Everything going nuts atm. Dogecoin up 85% in a day. Many bagholders will be created today.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I bought $200 in DOGE like 6 months ago when it first started mooning. lol. lets see how it plays out in a few years.

• 1Like

Caliane

Yep, that was a nice surprise. Though given what I was reading yesterday about the COIN situation giving cryptos a bump today it wasn't too much of a surprise.

My strategy is to hold Ethereum since I think it's on a steady climb and not worry about the ups and downs. Bitcoin I see as more volatile just because it has a lot more people (read: inexperienced, reactionary people) involved. So I'm more likely to sell/buy BTC while leaving Eth alone. That said, Mana has been #1 for flipping (just not on Coinbase with their fees) for me.

Today I sold BTC at 63k, with the expectation that it'll drop by the end of the week after the COIN hype train is over. Today's spike was in advance of the COIN IPO tomorrow, but I don't know if that means it goes down tomorrow or goes down the next day.
Eth still is tied to BTC 99% of the time. if BTC drops, ETH drops in response. It doesn't really happen in reverse.

Although Eth has been outperforming BTC in general. growing quicker.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Oh wow! What a difference.

I noticed in the last week the money from mining for me has went down a lot. I was making about $6 a day which has went down to like 4-4.25. Maybe way more people mining now because of the surge in price? Or just me for some reason.
I found myself to be in this same boat, averaging $4-5 daily. I am not sure I understand what's happening.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I found myself to be in this same boat, averaging $4-5 daily. I am not sure I understand what's happening.
Not that I know much about this shit, but from my terse understanding, difficulty goes up when things get hot = less blocks solved per person, less money. But I could be talking out my ass.

ETH is chugging today independent of BTC being a lil stagnant!

• 1Like

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Not that I know much about this shit, but from my terse understanding, difficulty goes up when things get hot = less blocks solved per person, less money. But I could be talking out my ass.

ETH is chugging today independent of BTC being a lil stagnant!
Oh baby it's moving nicely!

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Nope, and that's why it's so weird.
Been using BRAVE browser and just got an ad for Coinbase, signup for an account gets you $5 in BTC. I realize you may have signed up for an account ages ago, but they are really, really damn slow. I got a $10 referral bonus about 8 months after my father-in-law signed up. Let it ride and see what it becomes!!!!!!!!!!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Molten Core Raider
I did all the free crypto lessons too, usually a couple of videos, maybe stupid easy quizzes for a few bucks of random cryptos. I normally wait for a little spike, sell them and consolidate it into something else. It isnt much, but it's free money while I am drinking coffee in the morning!

• 2Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 2 users