Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Circulations out there that Yellen is calling for big taxes on crypto trading.

This government.. jeez.

Is that why there's been a big drop this afternoon? Seems like every time this administration says anything stupid about the market, there's a drop.

They already fucked the energy sector on week 1 and caused me a lot of grief with my stocks, now they're going to fuck with my crypto. Really setting the little guy up to succeed, aren't they? And didn't they blame the GME thing on the traders too? I can't keep track anymore.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I’ll buy $50k of vechain if it goes to 17-19 again.

Yeah, if I hadn't blown my couple thousand extra this morning on .21, I'd have absolutely bought in at that range. I didn't think it'd go below .20 because it doesn't even get near that without a hard rebound. I'd love to buy more in the teens, but I literally just put all of my spare discretionary funds (at least for a week) into it at .21 so I don't have any more set aside for it without dipping into other things / reserves which I'm not going to do. Hands-down the single biggest buy I've made and I was pretty confident. I guess there's no accounting for government officials deciding today is the day for saying stupid fucking things on TV though.

I'm still confident it'll bounce back up and probably go way up. My worry is that in the meantime it'll sit around at -20% or so for me for a couple of months so that I can't sell it, like what happened with all my energy stocks and Doge. Eventually gave up on most of those, and of course Doge had the mega-rebound of mega-rebounds going to like 6x my buy-in recently.

It'll be alright long-term. Maybe a year from now we'll have $1.20 VET and be looking back on this with people posting that they "wish they hadn't sold last spring". But I'm not looking forward to another extended dip. Have pretty much had enough of those. I guess they go with the territory, and demonstrate why you really, really, really want to buy as low as possible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, if I hadn't blown my couple thousand extra this morning on .21, I'd have absolutely bought in at that range. I didn't think it'd go below .20 because it doesn't even get near that without a hard rebound. I'd love to buy more in the teens, but I literally just put all of my spare discretionary funds (at least for a week) into it at .21 so I don't have any more set aside for it without dipping into other things / reserves which I'm not going to do. Hands-down the single biggest buy I've made and I was pretty confident. I guess there's no accounting for government officials deciding today is the day for saying stupid fucking things on TV though.

I'm still confident it'll bounce back up and probably go way up. My worry is that in the meantime it'll sit around at -20% or so for me for a couple of months so that I can't sell it, like what happened with all my energy stocks and Doge. Eventually gave up on most of those, and of course Doge had the mega-rebound of mega-rebounds going to like 6x my buy-in recently.

It'll be alright long-term. Maybe a year from now we'll have $1.20 VET and be looking back on this with people posting that they "wish they hadn't sold last spring". But I'm not looking forward to another extended dip. Have pretty much had enough of those. I guess they go with the territory, and demonstrate why you really, really, really want to buy as low as possible.
I’m just worried it’s actually gonna go lower. I was watching it on Binance and saw the 17s and still didn’t go for it.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I’m just worried it’s actually gonna go lower. I was watching it on Binance and saw the 17s and still didn’t go for it.

I could spike VET right now if I sell all of mine to buy it back lower. It'd instantly start shooting up again the minute I do that. Not even necessarily kidding.

• 1Worf
  • 1Launch Fail
Reactions: 1 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Did you liquidate all your VTHO at the same time as VET or is that something that holds separate in the exchange? I ask because I know the VTHO accumulates as transactional energy for lack of a better term.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Did you liquidate all your VTHO at the same time as VET or is that something that holds separate in the exchange? I ask because I know the VTHO accumulates as transactional energy for lack of a better term.
I had 2 million VTHO and sold it a couple days back. But they’re totally separate, as far as buying and selling them.

VET in the 18s again....

Market is continuing a trend down even with Asia waking up which many people thought would precipitate a rise.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
1. Crypto isn't going anywhere.
2. The entire crypto market is/was due for a pullback after the insane run it has been on (especially VET). Nothing strange about that.
3. Don't give in to FUD. Panicking and selling during a dip is a newb move.

/PSA

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Definitely do not sell at a loss, this isn't shitcoin / GME madness with most of these practical coins.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Well, I'm Paperhands McGee for a reason.

...or was, 'cause after bills were done I found $500 in the couch cushions and bought more VET at .19. BOOM.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20210422_191432.jpg

And now my VET is technically in the positive again...lul

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Well, I'm Paperhands McGee for a reason.

...or was, 'cause after bills were done I found $500 in the couch cushions and bought more VET at .19. BOOM.
This stuff is so cyclical that it's bound to run again. This isn't the great dip that people are expecting when the bull comes to an end. I'm planning on HODL'ing all of my coins except for 1-2.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I could spike VET right now if I sell all of mine to buy it back lower. It'd instantly start shooting up again the minute I do that. Not even necessarily kidding.

After watching you invest, I think you are gonna need a pension

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anytime it drops like that I just change my delta app from weekly to annual or overall and I instantly stop sweating it lol.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
1. Crypto isn't going anywhere.
2. The entire crypto market is/was due for a pullback after the insane run it has been on (especially VET). Nothing strange about that.
3. Don't give in to FUD. Panicking and selling during a dip is a newb move.

/PSA

I think "insane run" is an understatement for being up hundreds and thousands of a percent in 6-12 months

and people are talking "it will go on a run again"

ok

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I think "insane run" is an understatement for being up hundreds and thousands of a percent in 6-12 months

and people are talking "it will go on a run again"

ok
When you look at it as fiat currencies failing rather than assets "going on a run" you see it differently.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The fact that ETH is stable at 2.4K seems like a good indicator

I like coins but you guys are crazy. It's been "stable" at 2.4k for 2 days. The last time it hit 2.4k (7 days ago) it was very unstable afterwards.

Everything has happened so quickly there is literally zero metrics for stable or unstable. It's chaotic right now.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users