Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just want to buy some VET like all the cool kids

Then yeah, you'll have to deal with the bullshit at Binance.US. You fill out a support ticket yet?

Edit: My impression from my own experiences is that you have to be a squeaky wheel in order to get them to pay attention to you and fix your issue.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
10 days ago and again today

Honestly, I have no idea how a company with such as shitty business model stays in business (and I say that as a reluctant customer). This is a failure of Capitalism. Coinbase's valuation tells you all you need to know about the demand for a good exchange, and the fact that people are putting up with Binance.us's bullshit tells you there is a sharp lack of viable options.

Profound demand + Anemic supply should equal companies clamoring to fill the void...

I'm sure we will see a lot more companies jumping into the crypto exchange market soon though, and it will only be good for crypto.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Gonna be variable on what tanks the most. And this goes for any tank day, not just the expected one in the next 24 hours.

VET and VTHO are both things I'm looking at.

VTHO has proven to be a money maker every time the market dips. When the market is solid, VTHO maintains almost even 10 percent correlation with VET. When the market dips, it goes out of balance and goes below 10 percent of VET.

For example, Sunday. VET went down to high 0.15's. VTHO at that point was in the high 0.013s. VTHO I've watched every drop of the market and this always happens, and it always bounces back to that 10 percent more or less.

VET is currently 0.208, VTHO is 0.0205, close to that 10 percent.

In absolute terms without any specific market price, if I see VTHO dip down below that 10 percent, I'll buy it. It's not a long term hold obviously, but make the profit from it, and then put it into VET, or ETH, or whatever you want after it reaches that 10 percent.

I'd be happy to buy VET around 0.14 - 0.16 again, if it doesn't get any lower than that
You must have accumulated quite a bit of VTHO while holding VET. I know the actual coin value isn't much, but you must be getting a decent % return on the VTHO by just holding it and continuing to build equity of VTHO with VET.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
You must have accumulated quite a bit of VTHO while holding VET. I know the actual coin value isn't much, but you must be getting a decent % return on the VTHO by just holding it and continuing to build equity of VTHO with VET.

Eh. I've bought and sold them both so often I have no idea how much I actually gained from VET. Maybe none at all actually, depending on how often they pay out.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Alright, I want to buy 50k worth of Ethereum ASAP, what's the best place to do it?

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
You guys better hope Biden doesn't cancel his speech, or it ends up having a different effect than you think 😄

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I don't think anything Biden has to say is going to counteract the rush of people desperate to find a hedge against inflation and ETH is the best one out there that I see.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think anything Biden has to say is going to counteract the rush of people desperate to find a hedge against inflation and ETH is the best one out there that I see.
I've been preaching ETH and VET for months.

• 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Alright, I want to buy 50k worth of Ethereum ASAP, what's the best place to do it?

Not advised, Ethereum is at an extremely high point right now. It's going to go up over time but IMO buying in at 2600 when it's been hovering around 2200 usually lately would be foolish. It's been resistant to dips unlike the others, though that doesn't mean it won't dip. It just dips less. Maybe buy it over the weekend if things go the way we're thinking.

As for your question, Binance probably, Coinbase has stupid fees. Maybe Robinhood? Dunno what RH's fees look like at that level. You definitely do not want Coinbase fees for a $50,000 transaction.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Yeah, I think Eth is the strongest long-term. The only reason I'm in VET instead is because I see bigger short-term gains in that one. I could split evenly between both, I suppose. I prefer to just go with one or the other at a time. I'm probably doing it wrong.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

lol there's a lot less volatile hedges against inflation out there

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maybe Robinhood? Dunno what RH's fees look like at that level. You definitely do not want Coinbase fees for a $50,000 transaction.

You'd be a fool to buy any crypto on RH. You can't stake your crypto on RH or move it to another exchange or even into cold storage.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Look at it this way. It’s easy to FOMO when everything is riding high.

The fact is though everything has had pretty big crashes like 4-5 times in the past few weeks. Everything turns red, everyone thinks the sky is falling. The past is not always an indicator but chances are even if Biden fails us there’s gonna be another dip soon.