Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I went all in on ETH during the last dip. I don't own any other coins now. I think in 12 months time everyone is going to be saying "Man, I wish I had more ETH" no matter how much ETH they have right now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You laugh at btc now... but eventually btc will have it's day to laugh back at you... and then you can go back to 3 months of laughing at btc lol.

No, I will keep laughing at a bunch of crypto boomers thinking they struck digital gold but really it's just a meme coin because you can't do anything with it except trade it and tell other people to trade it.

Caliane

Anyone doing anything with their Bitcoin other than sitting on it like a meme coin?
well i mean, I just told a story about the roofer accepting Bitcoin. and, if I go with that guy theres a pretty high chance I would also pay him in btc. Eth is of course an option too. he'd probably take that. job is 6-8k. and I don't have that in nano or xlm, so probably won't even try.

Eth is not actually any better as a currency though. gas fees. Moonshot value increase. its worse atm, since who would sell eth currently?

crypto as an investment AND a currency is obviously a bit of an issue. its stifles commerce, as its more valuable to sit on like scrooge mcduck. Inflation... does actually serve a purpose. fiat is best used to buy things, and invest in actual entities. not sit on it. the issue is more, wages/salaries being flat rates, and not scaling with inflation directly.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
You can put some Bitcoin up to route for the lightning network. It takes some work and maintenance to get meaningful returns. You're actually providing service to a real network rather than pooling capital into a shitcoin circle jerk though. Probably not worth the effort unless you're a "crypto boomer" and believe in it

There is also BTC's version of Defi, I've not used it so can't speak to how well it works.

Last edited:

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Eth is not actually any better as a currency though. gas fees. Moonshot value increase. its worse atm, since who would sell eth currently?

I don't think that's what ETH, at it's core, is trying to do.

Caliane

I don't think that's what ETH, at it's core, is trying to do.
thats fair.

btc:
"Abstract. A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online
payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a
financial institution. ....
Commerce on the Internet has come to rely almost exclusively on financial institutions serving as
trusted third parties to process electronic payments. While the system works well enough for
most transactions, it still suffers from the inherent weaknesses of the trust based model....
12. Conclusion
We have proposed a system for electronic transactions without relying on trust.
Bitcoin is very expressly supposed to be a transactional currency.

Eth:
The intent of Ethereum is to create an alternative protocol for building decentralized applications, providing a different set of tradeoffs that we believe will be very useful for a large class of decentralized applications, with particular emphasis on situations where rapid development time, security for small and rarely used applications, and the ability of different applications to very efficiently interact, are important.
Eth is very clearly saying, platform and protocol, and never makes any claim to even try at being a transactional currency.

which was one of the reasons I leaned into Eth more in the first place. BTC even if a "store of value", was clearly failing one of its intended uses. Currency. while Eth IS doing exactly what it was supposed to.

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
well i mean, I just told a story about the roofer accepting Bitcoin. and, if I go with that guy theres a pretty high chance I would also pay him in btc. Eth is of course an option too. he'd probably take that. job is 6-8k. and I don't have that in nano or xlm, so probably won't even try.

Yeah, you could pay him in a meme coin if he believed in the meme enough like he does Bitcoin. There is almost no technical difference between Bitcoin and Dogecoin.

There is also BTC's version of Defi, I've not used it so can't speak to how well it works.

I suspect RSK will go the way of Lightning - almost 0 adoption after years of being live on mainnet with developers telling you that using it is reckless. Bitcoiners are memesters who don't understand why smart contracts are important.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>

I started it last night, even tho the guy worked for fucking Hillary, I'm hoping its a solid source.

• 1Like

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
They’ve had it like that for a while, it doesn’t mean anything. Think it’s just a placeholder.

Not just a placeholder. I turned my ETH into ETH2 on coinbase and. Its now staking at 6%. They say I cant withdraw it until ETH2.0 hits which may be 2 years but that was intention for ETH anyway.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

I'm still on "the waiting list" at coinbase. I'm debating staking eth on kraken. I was kindof waiting for rocketpool. but thats still in testing, etc.. also the question of eth-reth tax now.
kraken also has the, if you stake, its stuck there, you can't remove it, can't even remove the rewards. Whats better? stake now, and get rewards now, for ?? till I can unstake it. or, waiting, and get higher rates from rocketpool whenever thats ready.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Anyone doing anything with their Bitcoin other than sitting on it like a meme coin?
I still have a bit of BTC. And regardless of if it's a "meme coin" or "useless" the fact is right now it has the market cap dominance that it isn't going anywhere. And I suspect it will have another leg in this bull market, which means there will be a more profitable place to exit the position.

With that said while it is trading sideways I have been covered on a growth front by having positions in ADA and MATIC.

Full disclosure :
1621090275937.png

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Kraken is adding MATIC on Monday. Not sure if this is significant, but, cool.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, you could pay him in a meme coin if he believed in the meme enough like he does Bitcoin. There is almost no technical difference between Bitcoin and Dogecoin.

I suspect RSK will go the way of Lightning - almost 0 adoption after years of being live on mainnet with developers telling you that using it is reckless. Bitcoiners are memesters who don't understand why smart contracts are important.
What coin does anything then? Only the DEFI coins have people utilizing them for stuff other than holding & collecting interest. and ETH seems to be the barrier to all that actually working like a "legitimate"/practical financial system with gas etc.
Not just a placeholder. I turned my ETH into ETH2 on coinbase and. Its now staking at 6%. They say I cant withdraw it until ETH2.0 hits which may be 2 years but that was intention for ETH anyway.
Why? you don't have "ETH2". that's not accurate. You just have ETH you can't do anything with.

Someone correct me or enlighten me please.

• 2Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Why? you don't have "ETH2". that's not accurate. You just have ETH you can't do anything with.

Someone correct me or enlighten me please.

Yeah, sounds like instead of ETH2, they need to call it "Staked ETH". Although in the long run when ETH2 hits apparently there will be a transition and all ETH will "become" ETH2....

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Finally called it a day with VET. Sold my VET at a very minor loss (due to the wheeling and dealing I did a month ago to bring down the buy-in point) and consolidated that money into Eth and MATIC.

TL;DR: VET, GOGOGOGO

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users