Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
so far i'm reading that ppl are really buying into this "btc is bad for the environment" angle?
Yes, I posted back in March this was going to happen, and it's one of the reasons I chose ETH to win out long term.

Elon just fucked BTC again. Get ready for another drop

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
That said, the limitations and environmental issues surrounding BTC are very real, and it seems pretty obvious that it's not an option for an actual practical spending coin in the future.

Finding the future coin for when Bitcoin maxes out seems to be the smart move to me right now. I personally like ethereum because they will soon be solving the environmental and transaction speed issues. Don't underestimate what a big deal it is that eth is about to reduce their environmental footprint by 99%. That's a huge deal.

Posted that back on March 19. People get caught up in debating whether BTC's reputation for being "bad for the environment" is true or not. If the reputation sticks, it doesn't really matter if it's true or not (from an investor's standpoint).

Izo

Tranny Chaser
What’s your plan within plans now, Mist Mist ? I mean after buying eth cheap counting on it rising after ppl dropping out of doge / SNL event?

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I have not done any shitcoins yet, but I do have a fairly large investment in a bitcoin mining company stock. Elon needs to cut the shit. jesus

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I cashed out my MATIC to USDT this morning. Sitting on $85k waiting to buy back in. I waited too long, could have squeezed $95k out, but considering I started with $35k like 2 weeks ago I can hardly complain.

Now to see how low MATIC or ETH goes.

Good move, I also dropped MATIC today when I saw everything trending downwards. Could have made a lot more by dropping it sooner obviously but I got out at like $1.53 and it kept going down. Not sure when to buy back in since it usually has a high floor, but today everything's getting pummeled.

Edit: Looks like it's already yo-yoing back up to where I sold. So much for the "good move" part. I guess we'll see how the day plays out. It's certainly exciting.

I left Eth alone because I'm surprised to see it even dip to begin with. It's so dip-resistant usually. Since I'm not selling it, question is when to buy more of it. It's at $3300 now. I love how I did my big Eth buy-in at $4000. Great stuff. I'm sure it'll recover and go way beyond that.

Haven't been keeping up on the news, what's causing this drop? Binance investigation?

Last edited:

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It works as well as any of the other centralized exchanges, but they all suck in their own unique and special ways.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
You seriously thought 45k was the bottom?

The "all time" BTC bottom? No... I meant the bottom of this most recent dip that started with the Tesla announcement. My take is that ETH is going to eventually flip BTC, therefore BTC will drop quite a bit more as whales migrate from BTC to ETH. BUT I also think we see a BTC resurgence after that happens, as BTC becomes more rare and transitions into a crypto collectors item. Long story short- both BTC and ETH will eventually be worth a great deal more than they are currently worth, but most people will paperhands before that happens.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not to wish ill on any of my crypto bros, but I really hope all this crypto cash gets pumped back into /wsb meme stocks. Its gotta go someplace, amirite?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ok... so in all this reading of figuring out why elon is an asshole against bitcoin,

it seems tesla doesn't even make much profit from their shitty cars, but they create and buy up all the carbon credits (there is another name for it, but its easier for me this term)

and theyre gonna be in a pinch b/c now real car companies are going to be "carbon neutral" or they wont be in a carbon deficit, so they won't have to buy carbon credits as much

man, this is why i don't want to kinda do this, cuz i'll autistic deep dive...

but oh well i made a eth purchase in coinbase cuz Rajaah Rajaah is the equivolent of a bad luck stick i'm guessing?
sure why not

Caliane

I.. yeah. I would have held off a bit. we look like we are in a slide.
maybe have split my intended invest up 3 ways. put in a buy at 3300, another at 3000, and one at 2800. then wait a week. any that don't hit, just buy in then at whatever the price is.

coinbase is fine. nice and easy. esp for new users. I use it still, and would recommend it first mostly. however, did you use coinbase pro? its cheaper.. and you get an account via it with your regular coinbase one.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Not that there aren't a couple worth it but overall I lost my faith between celebs, the shorts, and people like Chamath who started 45 of them.

I believe more in magic internet coins that go up and down for no reason than stuff like this valued at $2.3b:

Literally every coin is down on the 24h except maybe a few around +<1% hehe

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
After watching it flutter around 1.52-1.54 for a while, I bought back into MATIC at 1 cent lower than I sold at (1.52)...then it immediately dropped another two cents in the span of literally one minute, to 1.50. lul. Rebounded to 1.52 now. The market is batshit today, I guess because people are home instead of working and have nothing to do...

I'm just gonna avoid looking at it for the rest of the day after that immediate two cent drop debacle. We joke about bad luck and then something like that happens and I turn into that ??? meme IRL. Hopefully we get a nice rebound this week after people have a chance to do some more buy-ins at a discount. The current Eth price is a steal.

• 1Worf