Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
The PoS merge is happening later this year, and I'm not quite sure what the progress is on sharding specifically right now. Polygon becoming ensconced in the Ethereum ecosystem is really pretty meaningless at this stage of adoption, as we have no idea what retail investors will consider valuable when they do finally buy into Ethereum. No doubt that if there was some killer app developed on Polygon that it would see increased usage in retail adoption, but right now that killer app does not exist anywhere, let alone Polygon. Even IMO relatively safe things like the Aave protocol I have no idea if it will survive through retail adoption.

There are technical considerations to staking your own Eth as well, but if you can afford to lock up hundreds of thousands of dollars indefinitely while being punished for going offline then yes, it's worth several points on your Eth over Rocketpool/Coinbase/etc.
Thanks...I was aware of the implications of having to have a computer online all the time, etc. I could manage that easy enough (though I don't particularly love the idea of whatever penalties you get if you're knocked offline by disaster or something.)

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Moved all my Ethereum to Polygon for the moment (I consider it a loan and will move that money back to it later, hopefully at a lower rate). Did this at $3400/$2.41 respectively this afternoon. Eth has gone down while MATIC has been hovering around there since. No steep drops at least. We'll see how it goes over the next couple weeks.

For reference, before this, my first big MATIC buy was .97 and the second was 1.45 IIRC. So I'm way up. Adding my Eth to it at $2.41 might pay off, or it might not. I could move the Eth money back if I sense the current Eth crash is ending soon, or if it hits $2900. It's too bad I got Eth at 4k but I take the good with the bad. I could potentially undo that mistake by moving the money back to Eth at a lower point after it gains some ground in Polygon.
200.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
My big surprise of the day so far hasn't even been MATIC, which has definitely been a pleasant thing to watch. It's been QUICK, since I do my LP staking and yield farming over on Quickswap for MATIC stuff and get rewards in QUICK seeing it spike past $1200 (still short of the ATH of $1585 at the end of APR but well off it's low of 513 between then and now).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
My play...I got a $30,000 loan of USDT from $2.38 MATIC...converted it to MATIC...now I'm going to wait for MATIC to get up to 4, if not 5 (depending on how strong it looks) and repay the loan.

If MATIC goes up to 5, I'll net around 6000 coins.

What program are you using for these loans / interest tricks etc? The one with the promotional 'sploit. I don't know if I'll be doing any sploiting, but the borrowing has appeal if something drops to a steal-level price. I'd rather do that than cash out of Eth, for example.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
What program are you using for these loans / interest tricks etc? The one with the promotional 'sploit. I don't know if I'll be doing any sploiting, but the borrowing has appeal if something drops to a steal-level price. I'd rather do that than cash out of Eth, for example.
AAVE, it’s legit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Look at how fucking alpha Jason Teutsch is here. Button down shirt and sandals -- only way this could be better is if he was wearing socks.

• 2Seriously?
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 2 users

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is there a general consensus on selling to make back an original investment and then holding on to profits? For example, buying $100 of any coin and selling $100 worth once that money is made back so everything is ‘house money’ at that point. Is this a sound strategy or does depend on how much that initial investment matters to the investor?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
jesus don't try to read twitter for cryto, bunch of FOMO little assholes

anyone to follow on twitter, btw?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been following @frombroke2bags -- he's pretty funny, but after this latest $SHIB pump he lost it because he sold $1.7 million worth of it for a few thousand so now all he does is shill BSC coins and ask for feet pics. Still mostly funny, I suppose, has a huge grudge against Vitalik for rugging the dog coins, lol.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I've been following @frombroke2bags -- he's pretty funny, but after this latest $SHIB pump he lost it because he sold $1.7 million worth of it for a few thousand so now all he does is shill BSC coins and ask for feet pics. Still mostly funny, I suppose, has a huge grudge against Vitalik for rugging the dog coins, lol.

He sold $1.7 million for a few thousand? Holy fuck. The first thing I see on the news front page today is that Shiba Inu is outperforming "Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Dogecoin" and I'm reminded what a complete joke mainstream coverage of crypto has turned into.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
shiba inu is a "shitcoin" right? is anyone here doing shitcoins? is that where you goto pancakeswap?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Look at how fucking alpha Jason Teutsch is here. Button down shirt and sandals -- only way this could be better is if he was wearing socks.

I'd love to go double my TrueBit investment next week if it's still as low as it is now, because it's a steal compared to the previous few weeks. Have the gas prices normalized yet?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'd love to go double my TrueBit investment next week if it's still as low as it is now, because it's a steal compared to the previous few weeks. Have the gas prices normalized yet?
it's stopped spiking at least, what does that mean for truebit?
9d5993fdcfef5383d755733108e17b9e.png

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
shiba inu is a "shitcoin" right? is anyone here doing shitcoins? is that where you goto pancakeswap?

Any coin involving animals (especially dogs), or the words "moon", "safe", or "Elon" is a shitcoin rugpull scam.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, the shit / meme coins are a real missed opportunity.

Can't be too serious

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Perhaps Alpha isn't the word.

• 1Like