Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, MATIC has made a wonderful hedge for me on this particular little correction. I see the reasoning behind it. That week or so where we had gas fees causing transactions to cover $175-$225 probably drove some people to "How can I do this with lower gas fees? Oh, HI2U Quickswap and Polygon!"

ADA also surged and is holding well. I hear there are some good announcements coming up for it. Which is good as I'm starting to get the feeling we're going to see a month or possibly more of sideways/weak loss trading for the "big boys" (i.e. BTC and ETH) and that will drag most of the market with it.

Some are also saying this could be the first sign of bifurcation in the market away from "it all follows BTC" which would actually be a positive sign of the market maturing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Eth is stable and reliable, but it usually doesm't have the leaps that other things do. Usually. MATIC, VET, MANA etc all had huge gains during times when Eth wasn't moving much. However I like MATIC because it bounces off of Eth and they should in theory go up together.

Note: I considered selling MATIC yesterday to buy back in on the next dip, and...didn't. Whew.
what is the difference between "selling" and converting or when you say "selling" youre pretty much saying youre converting for ex. eth to matic and just use selling as a catchall term.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
what is the difference between "selling" and converting or when you say "selling" youre pretty much saying youre converting for ex. eth to matic and just use selling as a catchall term.

When I say selling I mean I'm selling/buying with USD, since on Binance the fees are so low that I don't need to "skip a step" with a direct crypto-to-crypto conversion like on Coinbase. If I'm selling something to buy back later, I just move it to USD. If I move a crypto into another crypto I call that converting or moving, but I don't do that as often.

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
Anyone else have an issue in the Binance phone app where it doesn't show your balance at the bottom of the market listing when you're watching the graph? Mine used to give me my balance there, now just says 0.00000
Everything still showing in the wallet view

Jive Turkey

Karen
When I say selling I mean I'm selling/buying with USD, since on Binance the fees are so low that I don't need to "skip a step" with a direct crypto-to-crypto conversion like on Coinbase. If I'm selling something to buy back later, I just move it to USD. If I move a crypto into another crypto I call that converting or moving, but I don't do that as often.
I've just been converting to BUSD when I pull something out that's tanking. Is converting to USD a better option?

Caliane

coinbase free shitcoins update:

compound. 12/25. $9 worth. $140.66ea then. $663ea now. $42.16 worth now. 368% gain.
celo. 12/25. $6 worth. $1.48ea then. $6.29ea now. $25.10 worth now. 318% gain.
graph. 12/25 $3 worth. $.38ea then. $1.19ea now. $10.02 worth now. 234% gain.
xlm 12/29. $10 worth. .14ea then. .68ea now. $49.45 worth now. 394% gain.
maker. 1/17 $6 worth. $1460.61ea then. $4745.76ea now. $19.36 worth now. 222.6% gain.
band 1/23 $3 worth. $9.75ea then. $12.56ea now. $3.82 worth now. 27% gain.
nucypher 2/2 $3 worth. $.28ea then. $.40ea now. $4.61 worth now. 53% gain.
numeraire 2/26 $3 worth. $40.14ea then. $63.04ea now. $5.09 worth now. 69% gain.
uma 3/27 $6 worth. $22.2ea then. $22.47ea now. $6.36 worth now. 6% gain.
forth 4/24 $3 worth. $38.70ea then. $29.2ea now. $2.26 worth now. -24% gain.

skale 5/16 $3 worth. $.51ea then. $.49ea now. $2.88 worth now. -4% gain.

Haven't sold/consolidated any of these yet. I actually bought more xlm back on 2/04.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I was up $55k, down to $35, back to $50, back to $40, etc...still overall way up...but a few misses on trying to time the market. I've been lucky and have managed to nab some reasonably decent sell the tops buy the bottoms lately, but in general, it really does make more sense (and is less stressful) to just leave shit alone once you buy it. Only exception would be if, say, all indications a new bear market are starting or something, and then it's a matter of not being the last person holding the bag...but year over year if you hold you're still going to make out positive.

I think there is some intelligent gaming of things to be done, but it all entails a bit of luck and an inordinate amount of time.
...aaaaand speak of the devil, I just lost a 1000 coins to this.

Tried to be smart and sell at $2.15 because there was some China FUD going on and the market was dropping. MATIC got down to $2 even. I was like sweet, this is probably gonna go back to $1.90 again and that was my buy back in number.

NOPE. Shot up to $2.25, so I bought back in, and now it's at $2.32.

No biggie, I'll make it back, but I should have done it the smart way, by taking loans of stablecoin and repaying them at higher MATIC instead of selling the MATIC outright and buying back in.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Oooh man, I could have fucked myself so hard on that. I bought back in by the skin of my teeth. Had I waited like 10 minutes more I'd have lost like 10,000 coins instead of 1000. Lesson learned. This increase is unreal.

Shit may get to $3 TODAY.

• 1To the Moon!

Nester

Vyemm Raider
My hard Re entry point is $2k ETH and $28K BTC.
Lets see how this goes. (i will start DCA before that in case i am wrong)

My position is this is 2018 all over again and hibernation time is when i am going to load up.

I got in hard in late 2017 and got out by the skin of my teeth only up 5% as it all crashed.

Pandemic is over (for the summer) people are heading outside and ready to spend the cash they pushed into Crypto.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Oooh man, I could have fucked myself so hard on that. I bought back in by the skin of my teeth. Had I waited like 10 minutes more I'd have lost like 10,000 coins instead of 1000. Lesson learned. This increase is unreal.

Shit may get to $3 TODAY.
This is why I can't "trade" crypto actively- the swings within a few hours (or less) are way too much while i'm actually working and can't devote that much attention.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
This is why I can't "trade" crypto actively- the swings within a few hours (or less) are way too much while i'm actually working and can't devote that much attention.
Yeah, I'm still work from home...only reason I can diddle with this shit so much. If I was still working outside somewhere I'd definitely be leaving this stuff alone more.

• 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1621355844517.png

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I’m betting Matic hits 5 dollars in 2 weeks. I just took out a 80k student loan for Racial Justice in Fast Food Management to bet the house on it

I think that's the degree most of my hometown friends got, since they're all working in delis and cafes now but know an awful lot about social justice. Makes me wonder if we should be paying for four-year degrees at all (or making it free) when the most successful people I've met in their 20's usually went to either a tech school or a trade school and worked as a power line repairman or something (aka something that adds to society). No debt, nice pay, usually living in a house while the 4-year degree folks were living in shared apartments. I mean the contrast is very noticeable. Unfortunately for me I was one of the 4-year-ers, but at least I found half-decent work and eventually got de-programmed.

The only time I'd tell someone to go to a long-term school is if it's specifically something scientific like medical school or engineering.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Taking every fiber of my willpower to not sell MATIC today. Swing-trading it is just a bad idea in this current surge environment and I'm way more likely to lose money.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Taking every fiber of my willpower to not sell MATIC today. Swing-trading it is just a bad idea in this current surge environment and I'm way more likely to lose money.
I say keep it. It’s gonna go up to $4-5 within a couple / few weeks in my opinion, might start to go slower from there. At least that’s what I would do.

• 1Diamond Hands
  • 1Like

Caliane

guys making me FOMO on this matic shit. what is driving this bump? jackies infinate money loop scam go public?

• 1Worf
  • 1Jonesing