Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
That's why I kind of expected this, tbh it's prolly healthy long term so long as it doesn't outright kill crypto
Agreed. Since crypto is unregulatable it's going to have frequent boom/bust cycles which institutions like the Fed don't allow in our current monetary system. The fluctuations are normal and healthy. People will just need to adapt to the volatility and, IMO, over time the culture of high leverage manipulation will subside as an increasingly higher percentage of those involved get liquidated.

Fed is the biggest manipulator of them all, nature is healing

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

if you saw this coming, you certainly could have advanced your position quite a bit, selling early, and buying back in now.
me? I staked most of my Eth the day before the largest drop. lol.

yeah, staking on exchanges, pools, etc. any staking that you don't personally run the validator, is handing your Eth to someone else, you trust. you are generally given a token in exchange. Reth, Eth2. thats why coinbase has "eth2" page. Kraken does too. Eth, Eth-s, and Eth2. for Eth, staked eth, and eth rewards.

Staked Eth, and Eth rewards can not be removed/exchanged currently.
kraken has an Eth/eth2/eths exchange from what I understand, for NON US/canada residents.

pools and exchanges charge to stake. 15-20% of the reward usually.

if you care about decentralization, then exchanges are the worst, pools better, solo staking best..

exchanges are certainly easy..
in theory, I'd switch to rocketpool, or self validator eventually. but, for right now, I just used kraken. my ADA is staked on Kraken as well. (ADA can be unstaked at any time.)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Agreed. Since crypto is unregulatable it's going to have frequent boom/bust cycles which institutions like the Fed don't allow in our current monetary system. The fluctuations are normal and healthy. People will just need to adapt to the volatility and, IMO, over time the culture of high leverage manipulation will subside as an increasingly higher percentage of those involved get liquidated.

• 1EyeRoll

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
if you saw this coming, you certainly could have advanced your position quite a bit, selling early, and buying back in now.
me? I staked most of my Eth the day before the largest drop. lol.

yeah, staking on exchanges, pools, etc. any staking that you don't personally run the validator, is handing your Eth to someone else, you trust. you are generally given a token in exchange. Reth, Eth2. thats why coinbase has "eth2" page. Kraken does too. Eth, Eth-s, and Eth2. for Eth, staked eth, and eth rewards.

Staked Eth, and Eth rewards can not be removed/exchanged currently.
kraken has an Eth/eth2/eths exchange from what I understand, for NON US/canada residents.

pools and exchanges charge to stake. 15-20% of the reward usually.

if you care about decentralization, then exchanges are the worst, pools better, solo staking best..

exchanges are certainly easy..
in theory, I'd switch to rocketpool, or self validator eventually. but, for right now, I just used kraken. my ADA is staked on Kraken as well.
What about non-custodial DeFi like AAVE?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Trying to do some prep for both crypto and other investing once the house closes next week. Wanting to spread things around between crypto and my traditional retirement portfolios. All of it would be long term hold unless something truly catastrophic happens, so not day trading. One thing I don't know if I want to address is the spread between Coinbase Pro, Binance, MetaMask, etc... and consolidate. But I'd need to keep all my VET in Binance for VTHO and would want MATIC going through Aave if the wMATIC still exists. I'd also likely roll out 25% of the funds a month over 4 months just so I have access to it while moving and what-not.

ETHCoinbase Pro40.00%
VETBinance.Us15.00%
TRUMetaMask10.00%
MATICMetaMask15.00%
EXRDMetaMask10.00%
ZKSMetaMask10.00%

Anyways I may be way off but enjoy crowdsourcing feedback.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
We're all gonna be rich!

1621516185782.png

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Is Rajaah Rajaah still mostly in VET or did he buy and sell out six times into other stuff? I can't keep track

VET is a literal rocketship this morning 30%+++

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>

Anyways I may be way off but enjoy crowdsourcing feedback.
I'd throw a little BTC in there because wouldn't it be silly if it always remains the bellcow and you never had any? I didn't even know you could get ZKS, though, nice.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Long term hold without BTC is a travesty. Your chances of getting wrecked are very high

Yeah I expected that response and have another version where it is included. Just as a 25/25 between the two main coins and 50% spread across the others. At the same risk of being too tied to one or the other I don't also want to minimize the potential by being spread too far... which I mean hey, this is the same game since the beginning of time.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
my MATIC orders both popped last night, got some at 1.65, and then 1.37 - feeling like a genius right now haha - we'll see if it lasts

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is Rajaah Rajaah still mostly in VET or did he buy and sell out six times into other stuff? I can't keep track

VET is a literal rocketship this morning 30%+++

Unfortunately it's just making up a lot of lost ground. It's good that it's making it up, but it still has to double to get back to the ATH. Super happy to see fields of green this morning though.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I wouldn't go that far.

Personally I'm like 80% ETH, 10% BTC, 10% link.
That's why in my sheet where I track such things ETH and BTC have their own category of "Heavies". Both are long term assets IMHO. Everything else is either an Alt or a Stablecoin.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Udi does a fantastic job here poking some holes in the self described "ETH Maxi" perspective. He isn't aggressive at all, but he does show why BNB and ETH aren't so different.

TLDW:
"BNB inflates if CZ wills it"
"ETH inflates if Vitalik wills it"

Bankless guys start getting triggered around ~50 minutes