Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
This^. Rajaah Rajaah , you’ll accrue VThor with your VET holding. My wallet actually shows the amount I accrue per day, week, month. I have a position with VET that I really like . I think when it was .27 it was a bit over-valued. That being said, if you can get in around .11-.15 that seems like a solid buy IMHO. It’s got a great application and is being used by more and more businesses.

or you know 0.10 at the moment too ;)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Hah, I was just highlighting that it is still falling tonight. I've held my $3k at 15.5 from earlier this month and would like to get in a few more but am waiting until Tuesday.

0.097 :\

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Hah, I was just highlighting that it is still falling tonight. I've held my $3k at 15.5 from earlier this month and would like to get in a few more but am waiting until Tuesday.

0.097 :\
Big fan of staking and accruing additional coin, that's all. Thankfully there hasn't been a huge movement with VET. If it goes below .01 I'll be worried.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm just annoyed because I know when I have my next bag of fun money to drop in it will be a week and a half from now and chances are this will have "fixed itself" by then....

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm confident yes. But it's definitely no assured thing. If there's a fuckup ETH could crash and burn and never truly recover.

As far as I know, the only negative consequences of PoS is that ETH miners are out of a job. Others here might have something more to say about it though. But it seems to me from the coins that already in a PoS protocol that it's clearly superior.

I will say I'm extremely impressed with what I've seen from the ETH dev community. That's part of what inspires so much confidence for me. That and the fact that I look at VB and I see the next Zuckerberg, Gates, or Jobs.

Edit: VB did the equivalent of going out into his backyard with a flamethrower and torching 6.7 billion dollars to prove a point about crypto. I'll say that again: 6.7 billion dollars. Billion with a "B." With all the things that have gone on since that happened I don't think people have really parsed out what that means yet. How significant it is.
The biggest/only criticism i've seen for PoS is that it turns it into just another commodity, where just like your average politician or billionaire: on average the rich will get richer and poor will get poorer.

Early on I doubt anyone expects issues but over time those who hold the most Eth will have every reason to hoard it, which might have some unforeseen consequences.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Simplified article going over some of the potential behind the Lightning Network

Privacy protected online communications via low cost layer 2 Bitcoin transactions. Streaming payments for online services as a replacement for advertising based models.
tenor.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Flobee Flobee

Lets be real, if ETH is a shitcoin, BTC is a shitcoin.

Wonder what the prices will be in 3 days when my cash becomes available.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This^. Rajaah Rajaah , you’ll accrue VThor with your VET holding. My wallet actually shows the amount I accrue per day, week, month. I have a position with VET that I really like . I think when it was .27 it was a bit over-valued. That being said, if you can get in around .11-.15 that seems like a solid buy IMHO. It’s got a great application and is being used by more and more businesses.

Yeah, I'd like to get some more VET anyway so I'll just get my VTHOR through that. I've already got like $1.50 of it laying around.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Flobee Flobee

Lets be real, if ETH is a shitcoin, BTC is a shitcoin.

Wonder what the prices will be in 3 days when my cash becomes available.

Same here, can't buy until Friday, so I fully expect prices to leap back up on Thursday night

• 1Worf

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
The biggest/only criticism i've seen for PoS is that it turns it into just another commodity, where just like your average politician or billionaire: on average the rich will get richer and poor will get poorer.

Early on I doubt anyone expects issues but over time those who hold the most Eth will have every reason to hoard it, which might have some unforeseen consequences.

Yeah I mean that's part of what's going to make ETH so valuable. Between the ETH locked up in DeFi apps, smart contracts, and big staking rewards, then add on top of that the ETH burn, it's very possible it will be a true deflationary coin. Either way, there won't be much incentive to sell it.

So yeah, people WILL hoard it and the demand for ETH will be exceptional. Good reason to own some.

And I honesty don't think BTC is really that much more egalitarian. Those who have the best/most efficient mining operations are the ones who have the power in PoW. Don't forget a relatively miniscule number of wallets hold the majority of BTC.

No crypto is perfect, but BTCs greatest strength- the immutability of the coin and it's supporters- is also what makes it a poor candidate for the ever shifting sands of DeFi. A true digital currency needs to be able to adapt, and ETH (with its brilliant team of developers) fits that bill best imo.

• 1Like