Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Eth creeps back up to 4k again I might just cash out and buy a fuckin car. Need to anyway just been putting it off.

If I'd cashed out last Monday I could have bought a fuckin' car myself.

Anyway, yeah, next time something like this recent boom happens, I'm going to pull my initial investment once I reach 2x. Sure, it slows the growth substantially, but it also guarantees that I'm staying in the green if a deflation occurs later. Then I can add the initial investment back in at the bottom of the deflation and do it all over again, except with bigger gains.

Since I haven't actually sold/lost anything this week, goal now is just buying as much as I can during this massive lull, getting my average down as much as possible etc. I just need to figure out how I want to split up my investments between Ether/MATIC/VET. On any given week I'll likely go with whichever of them is the lowest relative to what I have already. Like right now getting more MATIC would drive down my average buy-in level a lot. Also I've got a mere $1k on TrueBit and maybe I should do more there instead.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What I wanna know is where is all the money going after it's pulled out.

Since it's the weekend we'll find out monday if they're waiting to put it back into the market. I think one of the reasons that tech took such a beating from feb to april was all the fomo around crypto was compounding on the rotation into value.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Picked up 3k poly when it hit .85.

I reviewed all my stocks and crypto from the start of the pandemic until now. I had over 5k GME in Jan of last year and sold it for a 50 cent per share profit, over 15k in amc, 300k vet when it split with a net cost of 1500 dollars, 5k in Hertz when it hit 14 dollars and sold at 30, 500 amd when it was 24 dollars.

I sold off and reinvested in to other stuff. I reviewed it all with the wife. I left a lot of money on the table chasing the next big thing. I wanted to sell off my crypto and buy back in when it hits lower. I don’t think it’ll go much lower and may just likely fuck myself like all my other sells.

tldr
I am diamond handsing this shit and selling plasma, sperm and bone marrow to get more at this point. I also still have 8 rtx 3090s and 8 3060tis coming in for my mining. Yes I know eth is going to staking one day, but there is more out there to mine also once that’s gone.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did you get those for free or what? I would have just bought the Eth instead, tbh. Did you run any calculations? What's your $/kWh?

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Did you get those for free or what? I would have just bought the Eth instead, tbh. Did you run any calculations? What's your $/kWh?
When I looked into that before the big runup in January, there was almost no way to even break even unless you had a pretty much free power source for your mining rigs. Something like a solar/wind/water generator to power it. Normal US power rates were too high by a factor of anywhere from 30-150%.

Dumb question time: when you stake a coin, does the APY accrue in USD or in the coin you're staking?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
When I looked into that before the big runup in January, there was almost no way to even break even unless you had a pretty much free power source for your mining rigs. Something like a solar/wind/water generator to power it. Normal US power rates were too high by a factor of anywhere from 30-150%.

Dumb question time: when you stake a coin, does the APY accrue in USD or in the coin you're staking?
Powers free in your parents basement

• 2Worf

Daezuel

Potato del Grande

You aren't mining USD though, you're mining ETH. So if your costs weren't breaking even back in January but you sold that ETH at $4k what were the costs really?

People that kept mining from the last crash must be sitting pretty right now.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

It depends. Some can pay out in the original coin and some payout in secondary coins. You can stake MATIC and get wMATIC, or VET and get VTHOR. But I believe in other circumstances you can be repaid in the primary coin as well.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Didn’t get the cards for free. The 3060tis 500 each and 3090s for 1700 each. All cards together that I already had and these would be around 1700 m/hs and .16 kwh. The main problem is that they are trickling in and not coming in at once. Can still sell 3090s for 3500 and the 3060tis for 1500 each.Can make over 20k in profit just selling the cards if need be.

The shortage and drought in China secured the resale value of all these cards for another year or so

Even right now I would pull in around 4K worth of eth a month profit. Before this slump it was over 8k.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I feel like the biggest dips come after midnight when all the insomniacs get paranoid and panic sell.

I’m not trying to hit it perfectly, as that would be way too stressful. So, as long as I’m buying the stair step I don’t worry about it.

• 2Like