Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Oh... you thought Eric Clapton was talking about partying? No, he was talking about the crypto markets.

Caliane

When I looked into that before the big runup in January, there was almost no way to even break even unless you had a pretty much free power source for your mining rigs. Something like a solar/wind/water generator to power it. Normal US power rates were too high by a factor of anywhere from 30-150%.

Dumb question time: when you stake a coin, does the APY accrue in USD or in the coin you're staking?
coin you are staking, weekly.

just checked mine. got my first eth staking reward sat. ada is on sunday evenings. second week for ada.
Ada got reupped, into the stake. eth 2 reward, doesn't seem to be.

lets see. ada staking this week.
reward: 0.340925
ADA

ADA

thats .000952808, or .095%.
x52=4.9%. weekly accrual, so should compound.
(123.8 of the ADA was staked on tuesday, so not a full week for it all either.)

Eth stake was .074%. tuesday-sat. not a full week.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I'm coming back off Polygon and returning into Binance. I'm going on a few trips soon for both business and pleasure and I just can't deal with having to go to my desktop or laptop, connect my ledger, etc etc, and I need to be able to trade shit from my phone when the need arises. Plus I think I might get into VET again at this price point and some other stuff you can't get on Polygon / QuickSwap.

Note: I'm still not buying shit, personally. I'm in all USDC.

• 1Paper Hands

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
b8658eef-9ad9-4c94-b277-ecd39511e358_text.gif

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Tendies
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Picked up 3k poly when it hit .85.

I reviewed all my stocks and crypto from the start of the pandemic until now. I had over 5k GME in Jan of last year and sold it for a 50 cent per share profit, over 15k in amc, 300k vet when it split with a net cost of 1500 dollars, 5k in Hertz when it hit 14 dollars and sold at 30, 500 amd when it was 24 dollars.

I sold off and reinvested in to other stuff. I reviewed it all with the wife. I left a lot of money on the table chasing the next big thing. I wanted to sell off my crypto and buy back in when it hits lower. I don’t think it’ll go much lower and may just likely fuck myself like all my other sells.

tldr
I am diamond handsing this shit and selling plasma, sperm and bone marrow to get more at this point. I also still have 8 rtx 3090s and 8 3060tis coming in for my mining. Yes I know eth is going to staking one day, but there is more out there to mine also once that’s gone.

Not sure if serious, but if so... How much does plasma and bone marrow pay, anyway? And you're limited to doing it once a month, ya?

I know donating blood pays almost nothing, but I know the other stuff pays off. Friend of mine used to tell me he was doing a round of donations every month and making more than his rent money at the time (which was like $700 IIRC) and it took like one hour of time. Not a bad deal, assuming it doesn't make you weak/sick or anything.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I was kidding. Although I can get 500 once a month for blood draw at the local medical college due to the anthrax vaccine I was forced to take. Plasma around 200 a month. I really should do it. It can pay for my studio I may need to get in Compton for my mining rigs lol

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think we are, but then again I don't really give a shit I'm still waaaaay up.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Tendies
Reactions: 3 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shorting something that volatile requires balls bigger than I have.

I use small positions relative to my total assets, I'm mostly cash and gold currently. Really just trying to see if I can get a handle on swing trading crypto currently.
I'm not going to take a large position in crypto again until the hype around it has died down. Most of my profit this run came from a Bitcoin purchase in 2019 when this thread was getting three posts a month instead of three posts an hour.

• 1Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Not checking crypto friday through sunday definitely has some short term health benefits.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Not checking crypto friday through sunday definitely has some short term health benefits.
I’m gonna make a conscious decision to stop looking at things so much. I’ve made a decent bit of money, I got into Vechain again many times over than I did months back, and I think it’s time just to just leave shit be. Not because I’m not good at trading, I seem to luck out on it a lot, but it’s just so consuming if you let it.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I haven't even been looking at it lately and I feel a lot better. When it was mooning I was constantly checking it and moving things around, now it feels like I don't have to worry about it. It's gotten so low that I could drop my average buy-in drastically which I'm actually kind of happy about because it felt like I missed all the good buy-in chances early on.

• 1Like

Caliane

I checked on eth2 staking, compounding.

I'm not certain if this is kraken, or the network. I'll need to see if coinbase says the same.

"Can I stake, trade, deposit or withdraw ETH staking rewards?"
No.
Do staked ETH rewards compound using the Grow Rewards option?
No. Unlike other stake-able assets on Kraken, ETH2 rewards do not compound so you will not see the Grow Rewards option available.
coinbase says this.

Will ETH staking rewards automatically be added to my staking balance?​

At this time, staking rewards will not be added to your staking balance and you will not be able to access them. ETH2 staking rewards will be reflected in your account under Lifetime Rewards and will be updated on a regular basis.

Will I be able to use my funds while I’m staking ETH?​

During the initial launch, you will be unable to trade, send, or sell the amount you have staked. Later this year, we expect to enable liquidity of your staked ETH funds.

So looks like no, Eth doesn't compound currently, while Eth 2.0 is not live.

ADA does.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Be careful, I don't think we're at the floor just yet.
It isn't a "floor" in the normal sense. Companies have floors because they have book value and cash flows. Crypto has neither. It bounced off the long term support level at 31k. To think there wont be a re-test of that support level would be a high level of hopium. It tested support and bounced which is good. The chart is still shit however, and it needs to put together a string of positive movement. The next challenge is that the previous support at 42k-ish is now resistance above. Gotta see how it handles that resistance when it tests it.

• 1Like