Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
We are dropping below support lines though. Phase A for accumulation has us bouncing off support, not dropping below. I keep hearing we have been in phase B of accumulation. We drop below upper support lines in Phase B, and then dip down below the lower support in Phase C, before springing back up.

By that rationale, if we are moving into Phase C of accumulation, we will see a dip down into the low 20's, followed by a huge upsurge. Or am I reading the chart wrong?

Post the chart and reference it.

In fact, it would be helpful for anyone referencing a chart to post it so we can all know what you’re referring to.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I should amend as this was sort of a kneejerk response. Been away from tech all day and first thing i do is open my phone and all i see was a dive, freaked out a bit. I haven't gone below my initial investment. Just the cycle we seem to be in. I'm getting conflicintg information, which seems to be the case with crypto , about which way to look at this. I'm having a hard time reading the charts. I have a long term bullish outlook but then i see people talking about a bear, a death cross, and a plunge. Do i get out now and hold my cash and wait for the dive before jumping back in the pond? Do i commit long term and check back in 6 months? Can't make up my mind.

A few weeks ago there was a weekend and a Monday where I scored record crypto profits. Had doubled or tripled my buy-ins in some cases. I thought about cashing out in case of a crash, but didn't. The next day was that Reuters fake news and the massive crash. I could have doubled my money again if I sold that Monday and bought back a couple weeks later.

Unfortunately I'm not psychic. Getting out and waiting for a dive is a great move, but usually it's something you see more clearly with hindsight. Since we don't know what's going to happen, holding is probably better than trying to wheel and deal, which can just as easily end up with you losing as much as you're gaining.

Nobody has ever lost money buying and holding Ethereum or BTC for 3-4 years. Ideally you get out when it's high and get back in when it's low, but unless you're a pro, leaving it alone is probably the move.

To answer the question, we probably aren't at the bottom of the current bear cycle, but we're not far from it IMO. I suspect it's going to bounce up and down in the low range for a while, rebound a good amount in the Winter, then continue treading until 2024 or 2025 when we have the next massive spike. That's just my prediction. Who knows yet.

Whatever you do, don't panic sell if it does have a temporary nosedive.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Post the chart and reference it.

In fact, it would be helpful for anyone referencing a chart to post it so we can all know what you’re referring to.

Well the first step is figuring out if we are still in the Distribution Phase or if we have moved to the Accumulation Phase. I have a hard time believing what we have been seeing has not been accumulation, but I could definitely be wrong. Here are the two charts:

Wyckoff-Distribution-Phases-and-Events.-Explained.jpg

wyckoffaccumulation.png

It seems to me that if we are somehow still in the Distribution Phase, we would just now be entering Phase E, based on where we are now in relation to support lines.

Alternatively, if we are in the Accumulation Phase, we could either be in Phase B or Phase C, since both have us dropping below support.

I'm not really making any assertions since I'm not an analytics guy, just trying to understand where Haus Haus thinks we are.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
For those saying the Fed's lied and just spent 2.4m and claiming it was captured. It seems the Fed's were able to find the address and access with a private key.
It does little to explain how they got the private key. Did the hacking group go full tard and leave it available on a server for the FBI to raid and discover the key? I was leaning that way, but I don't see any mention of a server or any material object seized that would contain the key, and if they discovered it that way, it almost certainly WOULD be in such an affidavit. Now I'm almost certain there was some sort of NSA foolery involved in this. I'm going with level 1 intercept, or the big-brains on top just revealed that letter boys have compromised SHA-256 over chump change. Probably the prior.

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It does little to explain how they got the private key. Did the hacking group go full tard and leave it available on a server for the FBI to raid and discover the key? I was leaning that way, but I don't see any mention of a server or any material object seized that would contain the key, and if they discovered it that way, it almost certainly WOULD be in such an affidavit. Now I'm almost certain there was some sort of NSA foolery involved in this. I'm going with level 1 intercept, or the big-brains on top just revealed that letter boys have compromised SHA-256 over chump change. Probably the prior.
The ZH article mentions that the Feds wont reveal how they accessed things "in case we need to do it again".

My guess is either "stupidity" on behalf of the perps, it was on a US based exchange and they strongarmed them or the $5 hammer solution.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
The ZH article mentions that the Feds wont reveal how they accessed things "in case we need to do it again".

My guess is either "stupidity" on behalf of the perps, it was on a US based exchange and they strongarmed them or the $5 hammer solution.

Prevailing theory is that it was a US Based Exchange in CA and they obtained a warrant.

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Prevailing theory is that it was a US Based Exchange in CA and they obtained a warrant.
That would be the most likely answer. Most companies dont have the balls to face down the Fed's full court press. Easier to just say " not our fault they had a warrant"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
It seems to me that if we are somehow still in the Distribution Phase, we would just now be entering Phase E, based on where we are now in relation to support lines.

Alternatively, if we are in the Accumulation Phase, we could either be in Phase B or Phase C, since both have us dropping below support.

I'm not really making any assertions since I'm not an analytics guy, just trying to understand where Haus Haus thinks we are.

The more I look at it, the more I still think we're in phase E of distribution moving towards/into Phase A of accumulation. (which I believe overlap one another) I don't think we've reached the SC point of phase A of accumulation yet. I think we still need to set that low. Which it looks like we're moving towards. This also puts me on high alert for a temp rally and "bear trap" before moving to the ST for phase B.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Capture.PNG

BTC breaking the low after the squeeze in the Bollinger Bands. This means downward momentum. See the previous squeeze's downward momentum on May 13th ish and before April 19th for reference. IDK if it'll be identical, but it's gonna go down from here.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
No, that's just too dumb. Surely someone that dumb can't even operate a computer.

Have you read the comments section on news sites? Some pretty fucking stupid people operate computers.

From what I understand the whole plan was super amateur/unsophisticated. They managed to get a user name/pw from someone and that's how they got in. They were probably surprised at their own success and didn't even have a plan to handle the ransom.

Edit: According to the CEO of Colonial, the Colonial system that was involved in the hack used only single factor authentication...

Last edited:

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Well the first step is figuring out if we are still in the Distribution Phase or if we have moved to the Accumulation Phase. I have a hard time believing what we have been seeing has not been accumulation, but I could definitely be wrong. Here are the two charts:

View attachment 357366
View attachment 357367

IDK what I'm doing here, but here's an overlay...

overlay.PNG

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
More than one person had the key (to prevent one criminal from dicking over the other criminals) and it was somehow stored or transmitted poorly at some point and got either intercepted or seized. Either that or the "payment server" itself had some kind of API function that had the key in the code, and they seized a server with the source code for the payment API, and got it that way.

There's a lot of ways to fuck up when storing this kind of information if you're going to be doing any kind of automated transactions with a "payment server."