Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Jive Turkey

Karen
People who purchase a driver's license from the Non-Uber protocol. You find them by loading up the Non-Uber App through your wallet, which functions nearly identically to the Uber App. You pay a rate determined by the Non-Uber protocol through the app as you would normally, and that rate is then distributed to the driver minus a small protocol fee which collects in a treasury managed by governance tokens.

Who updates and improves the non-uber app? Who is responsible for safety and vetting of drivers?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's not a subscription model. Users will either have to pay to watch the video to cover the costs of transcoders and orchestrators, or they'll have to watch enough ads to do it.

But this is already what happens so why would we add the extra layer. An extra layer that incentivizes people to bot boost numbers and try to get more people to sign on to that model after them (the pyramid scheme)

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The best use cases I can think of are proof of digital ownership.

That's just the current use case with an extra step. The NFY guy is talking about wrapping entire economies into an NFT, DeFi positions are moving towards being NFTs. The supply chain implications alone are massive.

Who updates and improves the non-uber app? Who is responsible for safety and vetting of drivers?

1) The Non-Uber DAO which manages the treasury.
2) Depends on the system that gets implemented, but it would be tied to obtaining the driver's license I'm sure.

But this is already what happens so why would we add the extra layer.

Because we think Google is evil and doesn't need to be rewarded for doing something when we can do it ourselves.

Khane

Because we think Google is evil and doesn't need to be rewarded for doing something when we can do it ourselves.

That's "fair enough". Except another Corp will seize control of that model and become the "Crypto Twitch". It just doesn't really add up to me. Its wishful thinking and not a real boon to the crypto space as far as I can tell.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
the last few pages sounds a lot like people trying to add infinite levels of complexity to try and usurp some money from the suckers & extract from the current economic system to buy into their "new system" in the short term before everyone realizes they should just use fucking dollars and all the bullshit collapses.

The reason it's not that "clear" what the practicality and usefulness of most of this stuff is............is because there isn't any. all the borrowing money to loan it out and make more money with my specific token etc etc, only works in the short term.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Except another Corp will seize control of that model and become the "Crypto Twitch".

Only if that's what the users decide. Defunding the company if it fucks up is much, much easier in the crypto world.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes it is. You can literally copy the "company" and run it yourself, the blockchain is open source. It's happened already many times, it's exactly what the SushiSwap fork was.

Its wishful thinking and not a real boon to the crypto space as far as I can tell.

There's over $60 billion locked in this model right now.

Khane

It's very naive to think any successful model would be run by the users.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's stupid to discount Uniswap because you don't understand how it's run by the users.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes, it's a huge problem. Cardano thinks you need to bake metadata into the protocol itself in order to solve it, other people aren't sold that it's a problem.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Might the new internet be too unstructured for the average person? Like trying to live in a civilization with no government?

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Might the new internet be too unstructured for the average person? Like trying to live in a civilization with no government?

I am not claiming I know since I am asking questions too, but I think the complex part of it would be hidden from most. I think, if I am reading correctly here and I'm very interested if someone has a more in depth read on the topic, that it's more like changing the root layer at which we operate.

For example, right now I use different services, maybe uber/lyft, grubhub/doordash, amazon, netflix, etc..

If my understanding of the above is correct I would have some "fingerprint" that is me and only me, but it's some type of crypto wallet/private key. On the surface there are still apps and companies, not much different than today. However under the hood there are these crypto/coin layers. So if I "take uber" frequently I would be a "coin holder" essentially, adding to the validity and trust of the system, maybe even earning "rewards"(in the form of that coin aka, free rides in todays world). However if I chose to leave new-uber, i would be taking my coins with me and if my reason was something the rest of the masses also agree with, we would all be taking our "new-uber" coins with us, which would take the value, reliability, and trust of the system...or something like that?

Anyway it doesn't sound much different than our current world. If some company makes a stupid statement online and everyone says "we wont buy their product/service anymore" they would also change or go broke...I mean the entire expression "get woke go broke", right? I think the one major difference, which may not even be true, is that in the real world you have such a fucking tangled mess of bigger companies owning smaller ones and shit you never really hurt the man because the products and services all come from about 4-5 sources.

I think Patreon came close and was vastly different than youtube in this same way. People on youtube make money from youtube(views/popularity) or direct sponsers(whoring in the actual video). The idea with patreon was give a few of your dollars directly to whomever is making the video, patreon gets a small cut for hosting it all and prodiving the service, but the majority is direct. I see the coin thing the same way(maybe?) but with far more than just videoes. Basically connecting people directly and removing the middle man from a lot of simple service transactions.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Most NFTs are stupid as shit, its true. The best use cases I can think of are proof of digital ownership. Could use a blockchain for in game items in an MMO for example which could allow developers more control over RMT. They would be able to program in a small cut when you sell that FBSS for taco bell money.

A lot of interesting funding models are available. Podcasts are using a streaming SATs system right now on Lightning. You send the content creator some satoshi's per second/minute whatever that you consume the content. I've also seen sites like yalls.org that allows you to charge satoshis to read content etc. In the future nothing will be free and I can see this system killing off the advertising model entirely if its adopted.

This is interesting.

I have a friend in finance who has been trying to get a product launched that easily integrates into websites (like most comments) and instead of a subscription users can use Zell or Venmo or other payment systems to spend $1 to read an article.

I hate content subscription models, but paying $0.25 or $1 to read an article makes a ton of cents to me! 🤓

• 1Like
  • 1Rimshot
Reactions: 1 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mark Cuban: The Brilliance of Yield Farming, Liquidity Providing and Valuing Crypto Projects | blog maverick

Now its time to put this in context. As an automated depositor to borrower, matchmaking service, there are no buildings, no huge departments, no branches, no paperwork, no approvals, no confirmation calls to make. All that matters to Aave and their competitors is volume. They can make a FORTUNE for their depositors and token holders because their overhead vs their revenue is miniscule. Automated Financial Market Makers are so much more capital and operationally efficient than similar traditional companies. Banks should be scared.