Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Haus

<Silver Donator>
It's not very sophisticated beyond tracking what you bought, when, and for how much.
And it's not even that complicated. You don't really need "when" in the equation....
Keep track of how much total you bought. (Total owned)
Keep track of how much total you spent for it. (Total Invested)

Total Invested / Total owned = Dollar Cost Average

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
And it's not even that complicated. You don't really need "when" in the equation....
Keep track of how much total you bought. (Total owned)
Keep track of how much total you spent for it. (Total Invested)

Total Invested / Total owned = Dollar Cost Average

He's not asking how to keep track of cost basis, he's asking if Coinbase keeps track of your cost basis, similar to Fidelity and others.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At this point you're stupid for not having a DOGE strategy imo.

• 2Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
DOGE will be our third bag to hold long term, after ETH and TRU. I think $0.20 is a good spot to get in, but I'm hoping it stays flat for a little bit more or hopefully goes down -- if it pumps back up to $0.30 I'm going to convert a couple of ETH over if I haven't already. I do think long term it can flip BTC marketcap.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
DOGE will be our third bag to hold long term, after ETH and TRU. I think $0.20 is a good spot to get in, but I'm hoping it stays flat for a little bit more or hopefully goes down -- if it pumps back up to $0.30 I'm going to convert a couple of ETH over if I haven't already. I do think long term it can flip BTC marketcap.

Yeah. Was thinking the same thing. What are the implications of the ETH/DOGE bridge executing or not executing?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think when it happens (not if) it'll be like institutions deciding to invest into BTC. It will seriously legitimize the currency as a mainstream digital asset that's useful in the next generation of the internet, and it will help introduce many more people to the concept of smart contracts and what you can do with them. WIns all the way around as I see it.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Speaking of Coinbase, is there any way to tell what your cost basis is?
Click on the avatar in the upper right and go to taxes reports.

Click on Generate report in the middle to the right of Transaction history. You get a pdf of every transaction with the price purchased at. I use that to keep track in a spreadsheet other than doing this I dont think so.

Capture.JPG

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Got an ETH limit order in for $1900 strike.
Just sharing or any particular reason? That's where you are comfortable accumulating more? Anything to do with the fork?

It was below $1900 within the past two weeks.