Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
London coming out tonight/tomorrow morning, other than that it's just criminally undervalued and eventually the market will realize this.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
SEC Chair:

Vitalik on ETH premine:

What Is the Howey Test?​

The Howey Test refers to the U.S. Supreme Court case for determining whether a transaction qualifies as an "investment contract," and therefore would be considered a security and subject to disclosure and registration requirements under the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Under the Howey Test, an investment contract exists if there is an "investment of money in a common enterprise with a reasonable expectation of profits to be derived from the efforts of others."

I've been clear I don't trust ETH's longterm value and the above is an example for why. Ethereum itself may not get hit here, but I am willing to bet most of your shitcoins will. Be aware. Hard to imagine ETH getting hit due to volume of investors but its not impossible. Gensler hasn't been crystal clear on how he wants to handle things, so we'll see.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Clarity has been added to infrastructure bill regarding crypto "broker" definition. The worry here was that original verbage would have essentially outlawed mining, running validators, or manufacturing HW wallets due to lack of clarity.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been clear I don't trust ETH's longterm value and the above is an example for why.

You don't trust ETH's long term value because you're an idiot and using this as an excuse is a perfect example. Ethereum does not even come close to failing the Howey test, I don't know who told you that or why you believe it, but it's stupid.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Ethereum does not even come close to failing the Howey test, I don't know who told you that or why you believe it, but it's stupid.
Honestly hope you're right. All those ICO's/alts that run on Ethereum though? Good luck

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Just sharing or any particular reason? That's where you are comfortable accumulating more? Anything to do with the fork?

It was below $1900 within the past two weeks.

Yeah, post-fork news pre-fork forking. Just seeing where it went and where the bottom was.

I figured I could save $500 per ETH w a $1900 limit order rather than just purchasing at market price per usual.

Honestly, just trying to excercise some self-control and not just enter every time I feel froggy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Clarity has been added to infrastructure bill regarding crypto "broker" definition. The worry here was that original verbage would have essentially outlawed mining, running validators, or manufacturing HW wallets due to lack of clarity.

nice so "they" are only mostly retarded at this point

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly hope you're right. All those ICO's/alts that run on Ethereum though? Good luck

The vast majority of tokens also do not satisfy the Howey test, though there are a few (famously e.g. The DAO) that do. The meme coins are not securities, regulation isn't going to destroy the DeFi ecosystem, where Americans are in fact a minority participant. You are basically an easily frightened twat that's running away at their own farts telling everyone that a hurricane is coming, sorry not sorry.

• 1Edgelord

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
SEC Chair:

That's not what he's saying lol. He says based on his "studying," he found there was a lot of "hype" in the crypto market but their was real value to BTC, distributed ledger tech, etc.

That's a far cry from saying BTC is the only real innovation, or whatever nonsense that tweet suggests. Maybe that's what he believes, but that's not what he's saying here.

His statement is pretty easy to agree with. I'm sure most of this thread would agree 1. there is a lot of hype in the crypto industry and 2. BTC and distributed ledger tech have real value.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
That's not what he's saying lol. He says based on his "studying," he found there was a lot of "hype" in the crypto market but their was real value to BTC, distributed ledger tech, etc.

That's a far cry from saying BTC is the only real innovation, or whatever nonsense that tweet suggests. Maybe that's what he believes, but that's not what he's saying here.

His statement is pretty easy to agree with. I'm sure most of this thread would agree 1. there is a lot of hype in the crypto industry and 2. BTC and distributed ledger tech have real value.
Yea I wouldn't take the dude that tweeted that very seriously, I just wanted to grab the clip. My take away is that Bitcoin's innovation "is real" and much of the rest is "hype". Does that mean he's going to try to regulate anything/everything else? No. It does suggest there is a clear demarcation between BTC and the rest in his mind though.

Last edited:

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Obligatory daily meme moonshot: DEXTools.io

1628115750932.png

75% of the supply is burned, so that "Diluted Market Cap" is 4x bigger than it really is. Reflections are given out in USDC. Dev is super active in chat, they're getting the word out in what looks to be a market ripe for ETH/USDC reflections.

Also looking at some NFT projects, the basic gist of it is that there are a limited set of randomly generated NFTs with attributes ranging from common to super rare, so it's a pure digital scarcity thesis for degenerate gambling. Crypto Punks I think are a great proof of this concept, but there's a few more out there (e.g. Bored Ape Yacht Club). On top of this thesis, however, newer collections are adding in games and shit you can play once all the NFTs have been minted.

The WolfGang NFT's - 10,000 Wolfs on the Ethereum blockchain - This one is going to have PvP of some sort, I'm not sure!

The Canine Country Club - Has a sacrifice 2 get 1 back mechanic with some ultra rares included.

Numi - no game on top of it as far as I'm aware, but they look really neat.

• 1Picard
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Obligatory daily meme moonshot: DEXTools.io

View attachment 365447

75% of the supply is burned, so that "Diluted Market Cap" is 4x bigger than it really is. Reflections are given out in USDC. Dev is super active in chat, they're getting the word out in what looks to be a market ripe for ETH/USDC reflections.

Also looking at some NFT projects, the basic gist of it is that there are a limited set of randomly generated NFTs with attributes ranging from common to super rare, so it's a pure digital scarcity thesis for degenerate gambling. Crypto Punks I think are a great proof of this concept, but there's a few more out there (e.g. Bored Ape Yacht Club). On top of this thesis, however, newer collections are adding in games and shit you can play once all the NFTs have been minted.

The WolfGang NFT's - 10,000 Wolfs on the Ethereum blockchain - This one is going to have PvP of some sort, I'm not sure!

The Canine Country Club - Has a sacrifice 2 get 1 back mechanic with some ultra rares included.

Numi - no game on top of it as far as I'm aware, but they look really neat.
Bro, I gotta be honest: your last couple of moonshot predictions haven't been great. Inubis was either flat or went down after your post, F9 went up a bit then immediately back down, and Floki went down by like 40% after you posted about it.

You sure you aren't channeling Rajaah Rajaah a bit there? :trollface:

Personally I've been watching those dex boards like a hawk, and it all seems like a whole 'nother level of risk to me; I just have a feeling I'd get wiped out. The liquidity pooling on UniV3 has been going pretty well so I think I'm sticking to that for the time being.

Here's a question for James James : what do you think of the pancake swap exchange? Looks like their rewards are as good(?) as UNIv3 pooling, but the volume isn't quite as good. Not to mention I'd have to buy/swap to a bunch of BNB as the base coin instead of ETH, and I'm just not sure about that one. Also I don't see a nice fee calculator like we have for Uniswap V3.

• 1Triggered

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bro, I gotta be honest: your last couple of moonshot predictions haven't been great. Inubis was either flat or went down after your post, F9 went up a bit then immediately back down, and Floki went down by like 40% after you posted about it.

Give em a few weeks, those are all legit projects, e.g. Floki I called the day it was created so it's still way up from that. F9 will go up again I'm sure, but I bought that on a whim right before bed and woke up to massive gains so it's hard not to share. Inubis just needs to figure out its marketing due to AidiSwap exposure not being quite as great as everyone thought. Keep watching them, figure out a good entry, toss a hunny to it and maybe it does a 100x, maybe it goes to 0. I don't think I've linked any that went to 0 here despite having put ETH into several.

I'm not trying to pump coins, these are coins with communities behind them. Keep following, eventually they will hit the right combination of metrics to spur a run, and it'll come out of fuckin nowhere.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
what do you think of the pancake swap exchange?

I will not touch anything on BSC. It's really got nothing I'm interested in, on a technical level it's centralized and vulnerable, its ecosystem is full of scams and rugs, and there's no novel development happening there. While scams on Ethereum exist, with a little bit of awareness they're pretty easy to spot, and there are a ton of legit projects being marketed right now.

• 1Solidarity

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Give em a few weeks, those are all legit projects, e.g. Floki I called the day it was created so it's still way up from that. F9 will go up again I'm sure, but I bought that on a whim right before bed and woke up to massive gains so it's hard not to share. Inubis just needs to figure out its marketing due to AidiSwap exposure not being quite as great as everyone thought. Keep watching them, figure out a good entry, toss a hunny to it and maybe it does a 100x, maybe it goes to 0. I don't think I've linked any that went to 0 here despite having put ETH into several.

I'm not trying to pump coins, these are coins with communities behind them. Keep following, eventually they will hit the right combination of metrics to spur a run, and it'll come out of fuckin nowhere.
Ah that's right you did mention Floki before the other day, I stand corrected! And I'm just giving you shit, not accusing you of shilling or anything :emoji_punch:

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Case in point, it's now up almost 2x since my post. Pure luck, it's probably going down? Might still go up.

1628129618643.png

• 1To the Moon!