Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Haus

<Silver Donator>
OK, did someone actually get a smart contract to work on Cardano or something? Or are overzealous fanboys just confusing it with some Gina Carano coin?
1628632291803.png

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
OK, regarding NFT's.

Maybe I'm just that last luddite but to me I still don't get real value in just trading "limited edition" JPGs. I see the real purpose of NFTs, and I think if/when that is realized we'll see the real market for them happen. RIght now though, and some of you Jpeg Junkies please correct me on how I'm wrong here, it just seems like MTG cards, without the underlying game to give any of them value past rarity....

Where I see the value of these is when they're tied to real function. For example, let's say Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule wanted to NFT this bitch all up.... You could have an NFT for :

Anything in the online store
Access Pass for the Gun Forum
Access Pass for the Politics Forum

All the currencies you can spend/accumulate could easily be done in crypto as well... And then be traded/used from a wallet.

The advantage though would be that then other websites could code things based on these same validated keys/items... For instance I could set up my website to only show people pictures of an unfortunate nature... Unless they connected their ETH wallet and I saw the Gun Forum, and Politics forum keys, which would be safe from illicit duplication by nature of being blockchain enabled NFTs, so it would then open up and show them the forum where we plan the new order for 2024, etc...

On another example that seems to fit would be the ability to do cross MMO/Cross game use of items/characters. Much akin to Ready Player One's store where he bought things like the Zmeckis cube.

Another real world example would be concert/game tickets. That BEGS to be an NFT marketplace. You just eliminated forged tickets, and made them where if they're resold to individuals the originating team/entertainer can get a cut automatically.

Same goes for purchasing digital music/media such as movies/games. This would allow them to be traded without being duplicated.

Until then is it really anything other than pump and dump JPG hustling? And how long until real world applications come into play? And which platforms will benefit/lead in those RW applications?

• 1Solidarity

Jive Turkey

Karen
The value of NFTs, like any other art, is linked to the artist who created it. But somewhere in the last 12 months, the morons buying them have confused "there is value in owning exclusive pieces of art created by a known artist" for "NFTs are worth money". What's happening now is no different than if people just started paying a shit ton of money for sketches made on napkins by random people they've never met. People have got it in their heads that it's the napkins that are valuable when they were only ever the medium.
It's going to implode at some point.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
  • 1Worf

Haus

<Silver Donator>

Yeah, but he's been teasing Smart Contracts for over a year... They recently did their "purple upgrade" which is supposed to allow the first smart contracts on their testnet, but nothing is on the live chain yet. I was figuring a surge when they actually released on the Mainnet, which isn't supposed to be for months still.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Right from the horses mouth. Cronje is one of the bigger Defi devs if you don't know

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Where I see the value of these is when they're tied to real function.

I don't disagree with that at all, but that's my philosophy with crypto in general. Which makes sense, because an ERC-721 is not entirely dissimilar to an ERC-20 -- I bought a Curio Card a few days ago, which is one of the first NFT projects on Ethereum and is a heavily modified ERC-20. So the art world can now start trading art with the qualities of cryptocurrencies, you can rent it out, collateralize it, fractionalize it, tax it, whatever you want, and it's all permissionless, trustless, and censorship resistant.

'Real function' in cryptocurrencies is tied to some sort of critical mass of participants - Bitcoin's only real function is to exist, but we all see how valuable that is.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Regulators are sniffing around, whether you like it or not

In my view, the legislative priority should center on crypto trading, lending, and DeFi platforms. Regulators would benefit from additional plenary authority to write rules for and attach guardrails to crypto trading and lending.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Looks like I Rajaah Rajaah 'd the bit about MATIC, it's been going up nicely the last couple days. niiiiiiice.jpg

Also, the AXS token seems to be taking off. I wonder what kind of legs that whole Axie Infinity crap has... the numbers involved are absolutely retarded.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
My liquidity pool finally hit 100% on the maximum of the TRU per ETH, never had that happen, yikes. Thought +/- 3k on either end would be enough. Guess the activity lately has skewed that with TRU dropping the past couple of days and ETH increasing. Wonder if at this point it is worth pulling it and collecting the fees and repooling it at another window. I'd probably break even with gas fees and what-not. Or just waiting to see if the target falls back in range.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks like I Rajaah Rajaah 'd the bit about MATIC, it's been going up nicely the last couple days. niiiiiiice.jpg

Also, the AXS token seems to be taking off. I wonder what kind of legs that whole Axie Infinity crap has... the numbers involved are absolutely retarded.

Certainly happy to see MATIC up so much (it's my second biggest holding) but it's kind of strange that the poly hack that literally just happened seems to have zero effect on its price. Stuff like that just further convinces me we retail investors are totally clueless about the actual forces moving the market.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, but he's been teasing Smart Contracts for over a year... They recently did their "purple upgrade" which is supposed to allow the first smart contracts on their testnet, but nothing is on the live chain yet. I was figuring a surge when they actually released on the Mainnet, which isn't supposed to be for months still.
Yeah I guess it's just the fact he said he will announce the date the Hard fork goes live on Friday.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
My liquidity pool finally hit 100% on the maximum of the TRU per ETH, never had that happen, yikes. Thought +/- 3k on either end would be enough. Guess the activity lately has skewed that with TRU dropping the past couple of days and ETH increasing. Wonder if at this point it is worth pulling it and collecting the fees and repooling it at another window. I'd probably break even with gas fees and what-not. Or just waiting to see if the target falls back in range.
I had to do that a few days ago because I had a kinda narrow pool window, but it was making good money and I came out ahead even after getting raped on gas fees. After repooling, I've made those fees up in 3 days, but now it's creeping up on the edge of range again. I wish TRU would make up its mind.

Personally I'd repool it when you find a window of lower gas fees. It's not worth the risk if ETH keeps rising and TRU stays the same or keeps dropping slowly.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I think a friend of mine got AXS. He's had tremendous luck the last 6 months with things taking off after he got them. I need to find out what his secret is.

As for MATIC... I never sold any of mine *meme sunglasses* nor will I until it reaches the $5 I think it can reach at some point. Don't know when that'll be though.

• 1Solidarity

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Bought 5,000 Doge when it was at .20 and today it hit .28, yay.

• 4Tendies
Reactions: 3 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
No tendies for my boys. Call me Warren Buffet, cuz I HODL til I die!

• 2Diamond Hands
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 2 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

This one just sold for 45 ETH, so bullish. The highest cat per pixel ratio for any NFT project to exist thus far, the value is apparent imo.