Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Kais

<Gold Donor>
I mean, who can he sell his NFT's to if noone else buys into the idea that they are like land?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lots of posts from people talking about my emotions, but still zero acknowledgement of basic fact:

1. You cannot copy an NFT.
2. NFTs are a non-fungible store of value like land.

And these idiots claim I shit up the thread. This is where the jerkmeoff emoji goes.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I hope I do, that way we can all see what brilliant crypto analysis you bring to the thread, like how you can just copy an NFT, or how Aave is too fucking complicated to use, because you won't be distracted by not understanding all the new projects that I bring to the thread. You three fucking idiots that ride my jock strap every fucking time I post a new project to the thread can fuck off and ignore me for all I give a shit, no one fucking cares what you think, and I'm going to keep calling you an idiot every fucking time you open your mouth with some stupid bullshit like Ethereum being a security.

Doesn’t change the fact that the SEC can do whatever they want and you raging about ETH not being a security means fuck all in the grand scheme of things.

Contrary to your bad beliefs, I think you could add to the convo in regards to the SEC and how the market might respond. Unfortunately your vision is too red and you pound your keyboard too hard to offer anything constructive.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've already offered the thread my opinion on what the SEC will do with regards to regulating crypto -- and I mostly have no idea. We did spend literal pages going over why Ethereum is not a security, and it ended with the two Bitcoin maximalists refusing to cede that Ethereum did not have a 70% premine because they think Vitalik and his buddies are going to rug the crypto community or some other stupid shit. And then nothing new happened with regards to Ethereum being classified as a security, and Flobee Flobee goes and posts to be fucking worried about it anyway, and you jumped on because ??? WHO THE FUCK KNOWS?

• 1Worf

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Ethereum absolutely had a premine. You can argue that it wasn't 70%, I honestly don't know how that number is reached, but I do see it thrown around a lot. As I recall there were some distribution percentages on some Ethereum Foundation slides from back in the day but I don't care to go dig them up right now. Ethereum Foundation sold the original ETH for BTC, that is the very definition of a premine. Vitalik is talking about exactly that in the videos I've been posting about it being a security lol.

You should know James James didn't you say you were there?

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I've already offered the thread my opinion on what the SEC will do with regards to regulating crypto -- and I mostly have no idea. We did spend literal pages going over why Ethereum is not a security, and it ended with the two Bitcoin maximalists refusing to cede that Ethereum did not have a 70% premine because they think Vitalik and his buddies are going to rug the crypto community or some other stupid shit. And then nothing new happened with regards to Ethereum being classified as a security, and Flobee Flobee goes and posts to be fucking worried about it anyway, and you jumped on because ??? WHO THE FUCK KNOWS?

Vitalek has said, on video, that there was a premine.

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There was no 70% premine, that is bullshit Bitcoin maximalist FUD intended to disparage ETH as a, what was it that Lightning retard said, an inflation of the asset class? There was a 9-12% premine, depending on what numbers you're using, and it was for a few accredited investors and the Ethereum Foundation itself. The rest of the coins in the Ethereum ICO were offered to the public, which made it mechanically no different than mining.

Here, from the last time we talked about it in early August: Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Selling coins for BTC is not in any way shape or form the same as mining coins via Proof of Work. You realize that by selling the coins the Ethereum Foundation was GETTING BITCOIN right?! The entire concept of the premine is that the coins were not created via PoW mining, but were pre-generated and sold. PoW mining is transmuting electricity into coins, selling coins for BTC is not the same thing.

The reason people thought it was a scam at the time was due to the amount of BTC they got during the ICO. ICO's were clearly securities.

Its strange to me that you seem to know the facts, but can't arrange them properly in your head to understand what we're saying.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
There was no 70% premine, that is bullshit Bitcoin maximalist FUD intended to disparage ETH as a, what was it that Lightning retard said, an inflation of the asset class? There was a 9-12% premine, depending on what numbers you're using, and it was for a few accredited investors and the Ethereum Foundation itself. The rest of the coins in the Ethereum ICO were offered to the public, which made it mechanically no different than mining.

Here, from the last time we talked about it in early August: Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

So, there was a premine. Glad we agree.

FED guy literally, on video, classifies premine crypto's as securities. He has also said he may not pursue ETH. But he's still on record calling premines securities, so what will they doooooo?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's strange is that despite 6 years of proven Ethereum development and success, you somehow still frame the ICO as somehow nefarious and not the totally legitimate tool it was to distribute coins on a fair basis. No, ICOs were not "clearly securities", but there were clear securities utilizing ICOs, yes.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

So you just quote me saying "there was no 70% premine", and then you say "but Vitalik said there was a premine" and then think I'm agreeing with you when I clarify that there was no 70% premine, but again, I'm the one shitting up the thread?

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
What's strange is that despite 6 years of proven Ethereum development and success, you somehow still frame the ICO as somehow nefarious and not the totally legitimate tool it was to distribute coins on a fair basis. No, ICOs were not "clearly securities", but there were clear securities utilizing ICOs, yes.

God you're so fucking obtuse.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're an illiterate piece of shit who should fuck off of this thread until you figure out what the fuck is going on in life in general, let me fucking spell it out for you:

and it ended with the two Bitcoin maximalists refusing to cede that Ethereum did not have a 70% premine

Vitalek has said, on video, that there was a premine.

There was no 70% premine

AND you have the fucking indecency to make this bullshit argument totally not understanding the underlying conversation, which I linked one piece of earlier (we've been talking about this shit since what, fucking April?) where the fucking difference between a 70% premine and a 9-12% premine is one of the differences between being a security and being a commodity. Is this the problem, that none of you bother to read the fucking shit you're spewing out here?

Go ahead, LachiusTZ LachiusTZ and link me your GRAND THESIS of NFT bullshit that I'm somehow missing in all of our conversations, your ultimate proof that NFTs have no value because you can just copy them. I hope you link Arden basically rolling his eyes at you like it proves you're right about anything, idiot.

• 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Got some extra funds for the first time in a bit, and perfect timing with the lull. Do I get BTC, Eth, or add more to help my struggling alts (VET mainly)? I'm generally inclined to say Eth, but it's at this weird mid-ground where it seems like simultaneously a terrible time to buy and a terrible time to sell.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got some extra funds for the first time in a bit, and perfect timing with the lull. Do I get BTC, Eth, or add more to help my struggling alts (VET mainly)? I'm generally inclined to say Eth, but it's at this weird mid-ground where it seems like simultaneously a terrible time to buy and a terrible time to sell.
Go buy some land... not the digital kind.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
let me fucking spell it out for you…

the fucking difference between a 70% premine and a 9-12% premine is one of the differences between being a security and being a commodity.

Can you link the SEC regulation they’re going to refer to when considering this?

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
You continually misconstrue what a premine is. Any coins NOT created through PoW are premined. Every coin sold in the ICO was premined and sold for BTC.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Man, I have to have one day to do a Houston road trip and you people break the markets.. Whoever unplugged whatever go fix it.