Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think there's intentional market manipulation going on in this range for BTC and ETH. Let enthusiasts run up the price near 4k, then the big players take their profits combined with generating a bad news day or two to cause it to it tank back below 3k, repeat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Undoubtedly there is manipulation. I just believe that there will be a second leg to the bull market and I expect it to run Q4-Q1 2022. Just my understanding on the on-chain data though, I don't think most market participants are paying attention to that yet, we'll see. Probably the last bull run that on-chain data won't be factored in by the majority.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I expect it to run Q4-Q1 2022.
Oh I definitely do. There's a big correlation between people being stuck inside during the winter and crypto going up lol, I said that last year. But I don't think it'll run up big until after Christmas.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
This is, IMO, what will blow the top off of this market. Bitcoin is going to lead the charge, your alts will prosper as well. Jack Mallers does a great job of explaining how Lightning Network will change the world.

EDIT: Figured this was worth sharing too

Last edited:

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Bought a few million coins of SHIB-USD.

If one day it goes to 10 cents that'd be nice.

• 1Solidarity

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Thread's been pretty quiet lately, so, a few observations:

-FLOKI is on a massive pump the last couple of days. I think James James ' prediction of it eventually getting to $1B+ market cap is a real possibility. In the mean time, I'm doing well on a few swing trades, it just sucks that you have to set your slippage rate so high for this compared to other coins for the trades to go through.

-AXS has freaking DOUBLED in the last few days. That's pretty crazy when you look at the numbers involved. Looking through their txn logs, it's not uncommon to see 40-70 ETH txn's... that's a crazy amount of money flying around for what is basically a fairly simple game from what I can see. Too bad I didn't throw like 1 ETH at this back in the 1st of July, it would be worth 27 ETH now. The only thing I wonder is how far can this really go? It's already at $8.2B market cap and there must be a limit to this NFT game craze, right?

-It must be some weird cosmic event this weekend, but I agree with Mist Mist . ETH is likely to go back up to about $3900... maaaaybe $4200, then probably go back down to $3k or slightly lower in the next 2-3 weeks or so. It's in a fairly predictable swing these days between those 2 levels, which would be a good opportunity for people to make money by trading ETH into and out of stablecoins, as I believe some people in this thread are doing. If you could successfully time about 3 of those swings you could just about double your ETH in a few months I think. It's not as fast as some of the meme coins, but it's likely a hell of a lot safer.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yeah unfortunately I was being greedy and trying to get ETH at 2500 and now I feel like it's too late to get back in as I also think it'll end up under $3k again. Maybe I'll reset my buy to $2800 or something.

• 1Solidarity

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Yeah unfortunately I was being greedy and trying to get ETH at 2500 and now I feel like it's too late to get back in as I also think it'll end up under $3k again. Maybe I'll reset my buy to $2800 or something.
Yeah, I'd guess 2800, maaaybe 2700, but then again you just never know. Even "safe" stuff like ETH and BTC is pretty damned volatile really.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider

EDIT: I originally posted a source claiming that Brazil is introducing legislation to make Bitcoin legal tender. I've been unable to confirm if its legit though and I don't speak Portuguese. Will post more if it turns out to actually be true. Spoilered original article below, still unclear on legitimacy

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
we'll see what happens monday this is the highest most crypto has been in like 3 weeks

• 1Truth!

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
SHIB just shaved off a zero.

Look at that 24 hour volume. A lot for a weekend.

SHIB.png

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
If you're holding any coins with a custodian I would suggest getting them into self-custody asap. I'm seeing a lot of crypto 'influencers' pushing the idea that custodians are the safest and best way to hold your coins. I expect we may see some more hacks soon or potentially self custodial regulations. They're going to come eventually, but seeing a concerted effort to push this narrative past week or so.

I would always suggest holding the largest % of your coins in self custody personally, but my spidey-senses are tingling on this. DYOR

Edit: example

Last edited:
  • 1WTF

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
If you're holding any coins with a custodian I would suggest getting them into self-custody asap. I'm seeing a lot of crypto 'influencers' pushing the idea that custodians are the safest and best way to hold your coins. I expect we may see some more hacks soon or potentially self custodial regulations. They're going to come eventually, but seeing a concerted effort to push this narrative past week or so.

I would always suggest holding the largest % of your coins in self custody personally, but my spidey-senses are tingling on this. DYOR

Edit: example

God. I hate paying to move my coins to cold storage...

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
God. I hate paying to move my coins to cold storage...
If you're actively doing stuff with them then cold storage probably isn't the right choice for you. If you're long term holding then it shouldn't really be a big issue as a) most exchanges that I'm aware of don't charge for the first x withdrawals per month b) you're not gunna be moving them very often.

If you're moving a bunch of ETH and ETH based alts though... yea sucks. Price of playing that game I guess. Whatever you're doing controlling your own keys is a big part of this game, a lot of the systemic risk that exists is based on situations where you don't control your private keys.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Is it too late to buy this shit? lol (and why if its on coinbase can I not use fucking usdc to buy it)