Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What's a hot thing to swing trade these days? Now that I'm getting active with this again I want to try some light swing-trading on something with consistent ups and downs while I wait for lulls in BTC/ETH to get into those.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
EDIT: I got trolled :) Twitter account was showing as the Bloomberg guy. WHOOPS! Enjoy my shame

Here we go. First big sovereign wealth fund purchase

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Nice little TRU run this morning. If ETH wasn't also so high I would move some over. Bc of the LP I'm almost 100% TRU at the moment with about 1 ETH still in the bank not committed to anything.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Facebook rolling out digital wallet w/ support for stablecoins. Going to be competing against Bitcoin for remittance payments.

• 1Rustled

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Nice little TRU run this morning. If ETH wasn't also so high I would move some over. Bc of the LP I'm almost 100% TRU at the moment with about 1 ETH still in the bank not committed to anything.

Truebit had a run? I got excited for a sec but it's still in the 20's. I feel like it has been trending downward overall since the summer. Like I got in at .34 or so and for a while it was always well above that, now it never gets that high. Hopefully it someday takes off. I should probably get into a liquidity pool to make it worthwhile in the meantime.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Truebit had a run? I got excited for a sec but it's still in the 20's. I feel like it has been trending downward overall since the summer. Like I got in at .34 or so and for a while it was always well above that, now it never gets that high. Hopefully it someday takes off. I should probably get into a liquidity pool to make it worthwhile in the meantime.
200.gif

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

Oh, no idea. It was up 13%+ when I checked. Mine is at like $0.13 or something.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Ya'll got scammed. I'm not saying that Truebit will never go up, for your sake I hope it will. Look at this though... cmon man. Your boy parachutes into the thread May 5th. His miniscule marketcap coin is about to go on a big run, then it does what shitcoins do. Stop listening to scammers. They all sit in Telegram groups and work together to create these scams. Dude just decided there were some easy marks here and took his pound of flesh off you.

1634665469047.png

1634665423507.png

I bet James James made money on it though.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Seems like James hops into threads to push coins or NFT's he's already bought into and then diseappears into a sunset of 20 other forums to rinse/repeat.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Seems like James hops into threads to push coins or NFT's he's already bought into and then diseappears into a sunset of 20 other forums to rinse/repeat.
good strategy. he hadn't posted but a few times since march before then and TRUBIT was "never going to be under a dollar again" in May.

to play devils advocate - he always said he was long on TRU (whether that's true or not) and 95% of people who are into the crypto space make preposterous predictions like that about every random coin or shitcoin regularly.

do your own research

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
To be fair, anyone who claims they can see 5 years into the future with any accuracy whatsoever is a fraud. People who get that stuff right are just lucky, not skilled.

As for the short term TRU has been pretty stable, really. At least as far as small cap alt-coins go. It's a pretty good candidate for liquidity pooling or swing trading between levels in the short term. It's value relative to ETH has gone down for sure, but that just means it's not as pegged to ETH as some other coins such as MATIC. This in turn makes it a good candidate for swing trading, since if it's relative value to ETH never changes swing trading wouldn't be profitable. That said, it is fairly risky since it doesn't take much ETH to affect the value either way. If a few whales decide to play with TRU, it could turn wild in a matter of hours and thus wiping out people's trade strategies.

Long term, who knows? Could fail, could head to the moon, might stay close to the same as now.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
To be fair, anyone who claims they can see 5 years into the future with any accuracy whatsoever is a fraud. People who get that stuff right are just lucky, not skilled.
Truebit existed for about a week before it got posted here. The chances of it being an actual quality project and not just another scam is incredibly low. 9851 coins listed on CoinGecko... 99% of them are scams of one sort or another. Why is Truebit better? Why will someone buy it from you for more in the future? I've no interest in the project so I don't know, you bought it so I assume you have a theory on why it is valuable.

That chart looks like every other rugpull I've ever seen in this space though.

This is the cost of education. I bought some garbage coins early on too that are still underwater... or at least significantly less value that if I'd just bought ETH or BTC. I had a theory on why they were valuable (Youtuber told me why) and I was completely wrong and got scammed. I may not believe in ETH but the massive majority of people would be better off just buying that if you believe any of the altcoin hype for things that run on Ethereum.

I hope folks here learn from this and we have a better immune system to this type of garbage behavior in the future. The world is going to shit, and everyone is a scammer. I like you guys, stop giving your hard earned money to losers.

Last edited:

Lightning Fast
Truebit existed for about a week before it got posted here. The chances of it being an actual quality project and not just another scam is incredibly low. 9851 coins listed on CoinGecko... 99% of them are scams of one sort or another. Why is Truebit better? Why will someone buy it from you for more in the future? I've no interest in the project so I don't know, you bought it so I assume you have a theory on why it is valuable.

That chart looks like every other rugpull I've ever seen in this space though.

This is the cost of education. I bought some garbage coins early on too that are still underwater... or at least significantly less value that if I'd just bought ETH or BTC. I may not believe in ETH but the massive majority of people would be better off just buying that if you believe any of the altcoin hype for things that run on Ethereum.

I hope folks here learn from this and we have a better immune system to this type of garbage behavior in the future. The world is going to shit, and everyone is a scammer. I like you guys, stop giving your hard earned money to losers.
Rug pull? Maybe if you bought in at 1.00, but I don't think anyone here did that, did they? At around the same time, BTC went from $60K to $30K. It's now recovered, but who's to say what it will do? It could drop down to $10k after the SEC makes it illegal or something. You don't have a crystal ball either, and a lot of the shit you've said in this thread is as nonsensical as anything James has said here too, so don't get high on your own farts.

I'm looking at TRU purely from a technical price perspective. I don't have any belief in it that it will do something special that other coins won't. All I'm saying about it is based on watching the price action on it over the last 4 months or so, and then comparing that to ETH over the same time period which is the common pairing for liquidity pooling, which is what some people here are doing. Successfully, afaik.

• 1Worf

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Rug pull? Maybe if you bought in at 1.00, but I don't think anyone here did that, did they? At around the same time, BTC went from $60K to $30K. It's now recovered, but who's to say what it will do? It could drop down to $10k after the SEC makes it illegal or something. You don't have a crystal ball either, and a lot of the shit you've said in this thread is as nonsensical as anything James has said here too, so don't get high on your own farts.
The difference is that BTC is the original and apex asset in the space. It has the most 'brand recognition' and the most secure network by a massive amount. TRU is a shitcoin that was shilled here within a week of being created. These are not the same thing whatsoever. If you don't see that difference, then you're the mark the scammers are looking for.

If you're making money off of it then I'm happy for you. That doesn't make it a good asset, a quality project, or any less of a scam pulled by a low quality poster directed at a community that we both clearly care about. Your justification you make to yourself for buying it doesn't change this. I'm not trying to be insulting but a massive amount of people are getting victimized by this type of bullshit and I can't stand it.

99% of altcoins are just useless debris stuck in Bitcoins orbit. The sooner you figure this out for yourself, the less money you're going to lose in the long run.

Lightning Fast
The difference is that BTC is the original and apex asset in the space. It has the most 'brand recognition' and the most secure network by a massive amount. TRU is a shitcoin that was shilled here within a week of being created. These are not the same thing whatsoever. If you don't see that difference, then you're the mark the scammers are looking for.

If you're making money off of it then I'm happy for you. That doesn't make it a good asset, a quality project, or any less of a scam pulled by a low quality poster directed at a community that we both clearly care about. Your justification you make to yourself for buying it doesn't change this. I'm not trying to be insulting but a massive amount of people are getting victimized by this type of bullshit and I can't stand it.

99% of altcoins are just useless debris stuck in Bitcoins orbit. The sooner you figure this out for yourself, the less money you're going to lose in the long run.
I didn't say it was a good project or a quality asset, it's extremely risky, all I said was the the technicals over the last 4 months are relatively stable compared to many other alt-coins in the same space.

ALL of crypto is extremely risky, even BTC. You are the delusional one if you don't see that. And how much BTC do YOU hold, huh? Could it be in YOUR interest to have everyone sell off their alt-coins and move it into BTC? Don't play the holier than thou card, it makes you look silly.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
ALL of crypto is extremely risky, even BTC. You are the delusional one if you don't see that. And how much BTC do YOU hold, huh? Could it be in YOUR interest to have everyone sell off their alt-coins and move it into BTC? Don't play the holier than thou card, it makes you look silly.
$ value I hold more ETH than BTC. You buying BTC won't move the price. Buying TRU with its miniscule marketcap might though. You're being kind of silly with that line of thought.

I'm not here to help myself or BTC. BTC is going to survive and thrive without you or me. I'm trying to convince a group of my peers that they would be better served getting on this train now rather than later when its obvious that its won and the alts they bought are worse than toilet paper. I don't believe BTC is all that risky anymore, I think its inevitable. That is clearly my OPINION but its one I hold strongly. I'm not trying to act holier than thou, its genuinely how I feel and my posting history bears this out.

Honestly its an opsec vulnerability posting here about crypto at all. There are MUCH smarter people than me that read this thread who hold more than I do and keep their mouth shut about it. That is the truly self interested course of action.

• 1Jonesing