Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Shiba Inu is trading on Binance as of today so it's spiking a bit.

I might stick to Binance trading from now on. Uniswap is such barely-usable ass, at least for me. Tired of seeing things like this and having to come back later:

20211020_134531.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Anyone seen James lately?

I was doing well with Truebit for a while (riding a consistent +15-30% from what I got in at) but after the recent extra-long lull it had, and reading recent posts on here, I'm starting to wonder if following him into the Truebit betting pool was the best idea.

Today it's at almost exactly what I bought in at after weeks of being way down, and after fees, selling would be a slight loss (less than 2%). Not too bad when I took home a +22% gain on MATIC and +4% on VET this week. Is the universe telling me to take the opportunity and offload TRU? I don't know, probably. I'll mull it over. I never got into LPs and Uniswap is such a pain in the ass.

I'm mostly USD now and looking for swings or opportunities, which I expect there to be a lot of before the winter surge if past years are any indication.

Haus

<Silver Donator>

I meant to buy back in yesterday afternoon @ ~35.00 and totally forgot due to work...

View attachment 378072

It doesn't hurt that Grayscale also just put in to convert this trust into a straight up ETF...

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
So, I've been digging through all of my Coinbase reports to check against my buy/sell spreadsheet and I've got a problem.

Even considering exchanges from X > BTC I've made using Exodus, I've still got .15 more BTC in my portfolio than I can account for...

LULZ impending tax rape.

[edit] Gonna wait and see if the gubmint is smarter than Coinbase.

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Also, I saw several transactions at the $11,000 BTC spot price, lmao.

Should've gone harder in the paint =/

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So, I've been digging through all of my Coinbase reports to check against my buy/sell spreadsheet and I've got a problem.

Even considering exchanges from X > BTC I've made using Exodus, I've still got .15 more BTC in my portfolio than I can account for...

LULZ impending tax rape.

[edit] Gonna wait and see if the gubmint is smarter than Coinbase.

Spoiler: It isn't

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Can you bros tell me what this means so I can avoid it:
20211020_160433.jpg

Trying to swap TrueBit for Ethereum so I can transfer it to Binance with my other stuff. However when I do the TRU->ETH swap nothing happens, nothing except me being down another $70 from the gas charge. Down $140 for the day so far just because of that, Uniswap is such garbage. If this were my first experience with crypto, I'd never touch it again with a ten foot pole.

Should I try to swap less than 100% (aka leave some TRU in there unusable)? Crank up the slippage rate? Halp.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Can you bros tell me what this means so I can avoid it:
View attachment 378115
Trying to swap TrueBit for Ethereum so I can transfer it to Binance with my other stuff. However when I do the TRU->ETH swap nothing happens, nothing except me being down another $70 from the gas charge. Down $140 for the day so far just because of that, Uniswap is such garbage. If this were my first experience with crypto, I'd never touch it again with a ten foot pole.

Should I try to swap less than 100% (aka leave some TRU in there unusable)? Crank up the slippage rate? Halp.
I do think you're having slippage issues there, but I don't know for sure. I've had similar frustrating experience especially with low vol alt coins.

You have to raise your slippage percentage to anticipate the price volatility so that your transaction can go thru

Are you trying to swap with uni v3? there’s still hardly any liquidity for any pairs so better off using v2. asides of that you need enough ETH for what you want to swap plus 25-30$ for the gas fees. If there isn’t enough or you manually lower gas fees then that can be a reason transactions fail
I changed the Uniswap to v2 that’s it

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I do think you're having slippage issues there, but I don't know for sure. I've had similar frustrating experience especially with low vol alt coins.

Yeah, I was also doing some google-fu and thought it was probably slippage. I'm cranking the slippage up to 10% and trying that, we'll see if it actually works.

..............annnnnnd it worked that time. $128 miner fee, added to the $140 I already blew on it today, so a loss of $270 on something that should cost like $20 at the most. Fuck Uniswap, man. Not using it again. Now that I've got my $3300 out of Uniswap, it's...like $2980. This shit really rustles the jimmies.

The 7-10 minutes that it took for the money to actually show up in Coinbase (once it was gone from the Coinbase Wallet) was nerve-wracking and after a while it had me thinking I'd screwed up and it was gone.

What would be less costly, moving ETH from Coinbase to the bank and then into Binance, or a direct transfer from Coinbase to Binance? Probably the latter, but I'm wary of direct transfers.

Edit: Looks like Coinbase->Bank->Binance would cost around $100, mostly from Coinbase xfers to USD and then out. Whereas Coinbase->Binance direct ETH transfer cost all of $8. The Wallet->Coinbase transfer was also $8. I don't know what Uniswap's deal is charging $128 for the exact same movement a minute ago. All I know for sure is I'm avoiding Uniswap like the plague, and it is not in any way the future of finance.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
100% in USD now (well, USDT) for the first time all year. Going to either swing trade a bit or find something safe to leave this in while I wait for BTC to dip. Problem is, nearly everything is up across the board, so anywhere you stash, there's a good possibility of a decline.

Shiba Inu has been fairly steady, and now being available on exchanges, I think it has room to grow short-term and might work out as a storage spot for a bit. It hasn't rocketed up like other things have lately and seems to be gaining popularity. However, at the end of the day it's a meme coin, and much like trying to make a housewife out of a ho, you can't take the meme out of a meme coin.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This was a great week. The rumors of crypto's demise were greatly exaggerated.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
If you had bought into SHIB a year ago, you would be sitting at a +51,000,000% now. THAT is a real coin.

• 1Blown
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Earlier today I was looking at possibilities to put some of my 100% USD into for swing trading while I wait for a BTC or ETH lull. Top of the list for me was Solana. Looks like it went up about 12% since then, so I wish I'd followed my nose. Most of the big players have dipped a little bit in the last few hours, though nothing substantial.