Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Kais

<Gold Donor>
That's the CEO of Discord teasing metamask integration. Trade/tip in channel. Dunno what to make of it

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Other than buy when Rajaah sells, what's yalls take?
My 2c. DCA in with whatever $ you plan to spend. Get on the rollercoaster sooner rather than later and spread your buys out to avoid feeling like a turd because you went all in at a top.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Proof you haven't done the work :cool:

Lol, considering the other inventions are front holes and manufactured fear, maybe.

But in reality, it's not that great of an invention. If an invention...

Converting excess into stored value is kind of what civilization is built on.

And BTC value is solely in it's perception of value.

Which can mean everything or nothing, and it can mean that to everyone or nobody.

• 2Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Lol, considering the other inventions are front holes and manufactured fear, maybe.

But in reality, it's not that great of an invention. If an invention...

Converting excess into stored value is kind of what civilization is built on.

And BTC value is solely in it's perception of value.

Which can mean everything or nothing, and it can mean that to everyone or nobody.
Converting electricity in the real world into digital scarcity (which didn't even exist before) is pretty huge. Bitcoin solved multiple previously unsolvable problems (Byzantine General problem, double-spend problem, etc). The entire next stage of the internet, for better and/or for worse, is all based on the innovations made by Bitcoin.

One of the many issues with Proof of Stake vs Proof of Work is that PoS does not tether its value to the real world. PoW does by the electricity cost to generate security + new issuance. If you don't see the innovation in that I would argue, again, you've not yet done the work to understand what Bitcoin actually represents in terms on innovation. All value is perception, not just Bitcoin.

Not much I can do to convince anyone that the above is true. Will just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
All value is perception

No.

The value of food, water, etc is absolute to humans. It's life.

The value of metals is fairly rigid based on demand etc. It creates tangible real goods.

If BTC went back to its "real world tether" value, you would be puking your guts up.

Pure scarcity is only valuable due to perception. There is no real value in art, etc. It's all perception allowed due to affluence and being able to say you have something scarce.

BTC is some confluence of those things, and seemed to nail what was needed, or maybe is needed for a growing niche of humans as a store of value.

But in reality, the raw absolute value of BTC is near zero. Just like the paper we print dollars on.

But none of that matters if people assume it's value, and everyone uses it.

Don't be like James.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
No.

The value of food, water, etc is absolute to humans. It's life.

The value of metals is fairly rigid based on demand etc. It creates tangible real goods.

If BTC went back to its "real world tether" value, you would be puking your guts up.

Pure scarcity is only valuable due to perception. There is no real value in art, etc. It's all perception allowed due to affluence and being able to say you have something scarce.

BTC is some confluence of those things, and seemed to nail what was needed, or maybe is needed for a growing niche of humans as a store of value.

But in reality, the raw absolute value of BTC is near zero. Just like the paper we print dollars on.

But none of that matters if people assume it's value, and everyone uses it.

Don't be like James.
I mostly agree with this.

In a monetary sense, all value is perception in combination with utility. Money has value due to a number of traits (scarcity, fungibility, portability, durability, security, sovereignty). Gold was the primary monetary asset for thousands of years because it scores better on these traits than the competition. Gold outperforms glass beads, so it outcompetes glass beads. Value of monetary metals is based on more than just demand due to its use in real goods. Its more complicated than that.

Bitcoins real value stems from its traits and the perception of the market based on those traits. It outperforms every asset on the planet on the above traits. Greshem's Law suggests that this may currently be happening (see USD price of Bitcoin since 2009). This is where the store of value narrative for BTC comes from.

Money and value is a complicated topic. We can chat about sometime if you want, not gunna shit this thread up further trying to explain. Feel free to look into the below for a place to start.

• 2Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
BTC being a “store of energy” is almost too conceptual, when BTC being sound money is simply a better and more concrete argument.

• 2Like

Caliane

Macd for Eth has been right in line with macd signal. suggests to me this rally is not over. not till we see macd outpace the signal make some space.. which will trigger a sell and drop below the signal line.

Major alt pump yesterday.

I've been strongly considering dumping some of my alts.

eth. 12/23>now. up 315%. +staking. 63% of initial invest, now, 78% of portfolio.
btc. 12/23>now. up 89% 35% of initial invest. now, 20% of portfolio.
ada 2/16-now. up 127% +staking.
nano 2/04-now. up 3.15%
xlm. 12/29-now. up 44%
matic. 5/18-now. down 24%

(% returns are an average of invest, not day 1-today. example: eth. 12/23 eth was $600. but majority of my eth was bought 1/13 at $1,120.)
order is in most to least worth. but.. even ada is only 1% of eth+btc value. and the rest are not as much as ada combined.

This alt rally is def a bit of what I was waiting for. xlm probably should be gone 100%.
use case for matic seems good... but ive lost money on it..
use case of nano is great... will probably hold it, even at little to no profit.
ada was a hedge versus eth and staking. its doing pretty good... but, eth seems to be progressing soundly..

other alts. I do think shibu will rally again. While, sol's growth over the year has been consistently meteoric. I don't believe in it much, after reading up on it more. kindof like vechain, binance, etc..

oh, I also have 45 BAT. which is up 25% since yesterday. I wasn't sure how long I had this installed, but bravebrowsersetup download was 3/17. so about then.
not sure if I should be holding Bat, or dumping it. does it have a use? supposed to be used to tip content creators?

Last edited:
  • 2Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Macd for Eth has been right in line with macd signal. suggests to me this rally is not over. not till we see macd outpace the signal make some space.. which will trigger a sell and drop below the signal line.

Major alt pump yesterday.

I've been strongly considering dumping some of my alts.

eth. 12/23>now. up 315%. +staking. 63% of initial invest, now, 78% of portfolio.
btc. 12/23>now. up 89% 35% of initial invest. now, 20% of portfolio.
ada 2/16-now. up 127% +staking.
nano 2/04-now. up 3.15%
xlm. 12/29-now. up 44%
matic. 5/18-now. down 24%

(% returns are an average of invest, not day 1-today. example: eth. 12/23 eth was $600. but majority of my eth was bought 1/13 at $1,120.)
order is in most to least worth. but.. even ada is only 1% of eth+btc value. and the rest are not as much as ada combined.

This alt rally is def a bit of what I was waiting for. xlm probably should be gone 100%.
use case for matic seems good... but ive lost money on it..
use case of nano is great... will probably hold it, even at little to no profit.
ada was a hedge versus eth and staking. its doing pretty good... but, eth seems to be progressing soundly..

other alts. I do think shibu will rally again. While, sol's growth over the year has been consistently meteoric. I don't believe in it much, after reading up on it more. kindof like vechain, binance, etc..

oh, I also have 45 BAT. which is up 25% since yesterday.
not sure if I should be holding Bat, or dumping it. does it have a use? supposed to be used to tip content creators?

What experience have you had staking ETH?

Returns, where it's staked, 2 year staking period, etc?

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

I have a buddy who stakes ETH bc he can get 9% returns. When bonds are now like 7.5% and crypto in general is 1000% a year a 9% return seems like a bad value prop to let someone use my money.

I think there are some places you can stake for way more, but those DEX's are sketchy and I only really trust one online place (Coinbase) as a custodian for my crypto.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
It's better to do than not if you are truly holding long term.

Which is the case for an amount of my eth

Caliane

staking on kraken. ada and eth.
ada I can remove. Eth I can not. so right there, is a HUGE risk. almost the entirely of that Eth is staked, and can not sell, move, it. Being held by a third party.. on the promise of when the system is fully integrated, I'll get control of it back.

first payout on 8/07. last, 11/06
weekly rewards.
about 00.09%/week 14 weeks of returns so far. 00.084% low, .001% high. 2.4% return. so... that should give me about 8.9% yearly return? although, the % was dropping. that .001% was week 1... while that .084 was week 13.

Ada also seems to have about about 2.4% over that same period so far.

8% yearly return on TOP of any value growth, isn't too bad. But, yeah. huge risk atm. less risk after the system is fully live.. Rocketpool/owning your own node would be better. I do not have 32 eth.

There is also inflation.
118,272,412 ETH circ supply of Eth atm.
iirc, it was 117,560,000 or so back in August. so supply has inflated about .6% in that same period.

probably could get better returns with lending or swapping.

Last edited:

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
floki has been pretty good so far.

1636471905141.png