Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah... TRU being up to 74 cents is getting in to "I can pay off my truck" levels now. It has been fun watching it go up but at the start when it was a few thousand to play with and didn't matter. Now I'm like well maybe it'll keep going or mmmaaaayyybbbeeee I don't want a car payment.

• 3Diamond Hands
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
You'll regret selling all your truebit if you do.

I don't know how much you have but I have 12,500 and have no plans to sell for awhile. We aren't even close to the mint price.

The money in truebit should be throw away money. At most I would sell 30-50% hoping it falls back down to 40 or 50 cents to buy more. But I would certainly not sell all of it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Accidentally Diamond-Hands my ETHE shares again because they STILL haven't settled yet for some reason, so uh, let's see how that play works out for me.

Tirant

Golden Knight of the Realm
What’s the reason SHIB is gaining such acceptance merchants? Fast transaction processing?

Just started monthly averaging into MATIC. Trying to decide what else I should throw some money in. Was debating DOT or SHIB or TRU.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
I would hazard a guess that todays news would have to do with the time it would take to code/test/integrate a payment system for shib and get the usd price conversion tools into the website since the spike. Though i would think a layer 2 coin like MATIC would be a better play but w/e.

The numbers get rather fucky quick to a mind used to USD. Would you rather pay 414,441.796140 SHIB or 0.000350 BTC for lunch?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I would hazard a guess that todays news would have to do with the time it would take to code/test/integrate a payment system for shib and get the usd price conversion tools into the website since the spike. Though i would think a layer 2 coin like MATIC would be a better play but w/e.

The numbers get rather fucky quick to a mind used to USD. Would you rather pay 414,441.796140 SHIB or 0.000350 BTC for lunch?
Just like when the Brits moved to decimal currency from the previous shilling/bit pre decimal system after WWII.

Caliane

do you mean, "414,441.79 shib, or 35,000 Satoshi"?

We can actually change the names of things. Like 1 dollar even. There was a time, when 1 dollar was ALOT. coins actually mattered. A sandwich was 10c..

A dollar was 100 cents. we gave it a singular unit name. We are literally at a point where 100 dollars has about the same buying power as A dollar had when introduced.
We COULD rename 100 dollars a Milton, and start issuing 1, 5, 10 milton unit bills..

And obviously the same with any Crypto. we as the price stabilizes, we can set named units at reasonable human values.

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
1638381539346.png

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
There's still Amazon on the way as well. Despite lacking a real use case, SHIB might end next year as one of the more popular coins for actually buying things simply because of its wide acceptance.

I still think that you're going to see Amazon and some other major retailers (like WalMart) to effectively fire up their own chains/coins.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Polygon zkrollup news 🔥🔥🔥. Have a feeling poly is going to be one of those coins that jumps from $1ish to $100ish really fast. Of course I'm biased but...

• 1To the Moon!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Polygon zkrollup news 🔥🔥🔥. Have a feeling poly is going to be one of those coins that jumps from $1ish to $100ish really fast. Of course I'm biased but...

I agree, I see it being the clear #3 coin in the future.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Must be a delayed Rajaah, since MATIC is on quite a tear the last few hours. Dayum.
Yeah, all my major positions curving down on the hourly charts.... except $MATIC...

If it were just ETH and MATIC both following that trajectory I'd be walking around with one of those erections that lasts long enough you need to seek medical attention....

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Bogdanoff.png

Bogdanoff: "Has he sold?"
Lackey: "Rajaah still refuses to sell his SHIB. We doomp it and he has not panicked."
Bogdanoff: "Continue to doomp eet"
Lackey: "But sir, we will lose money if we continue to doomp it"
Bogdanoff: "We must destroy Rajaah. Doomp eet!"

• 1Worf