Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Something something about when the market crashes near the end of the month, large investors have to pull their money out of crypto to cover some kind of other bets.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I just hope SHIB doesn't (further) crash as everything else slides.

Considering it was the one thing going in the opposite direction for the past month while everything else went up, maybe it'll continue doing the opposite of what everything else is doing.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If SHIB continues to slide its because you're holding it.

God damnit.

• 1Truth!

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
crypto-scam-stonetoss-comic.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought this slide was over. but not so sure anymore.

bounced off the 50day repeatedly. I thought the MACD was at its tipping point, and about to cross back over the signal. but, it didn't. it dropped down again. so, appears to be mirroring the larger corrections like in sept-0ct. so, theres a good chance we are going to drop down to 100day soon. which would be about 3780.
View attachment 384712

It feels to me like if the stock market is stable, you can gain some benefit from independent crypto chart analysis. But if the stock market is being unusually volatile, trying to read the tea leaves by looking only at crypto charts is impossible. The crypto market still feels like a microcosm of the larger stock market, and it is therefore subject to the larger market's paroxysms.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the crypto market move relatively independently of the larger stock market one day, but I definitely don't think we are there yet.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
With inflation numbers continuing to "shock" people, I'm surprised that gold, silver, and crypto hasn't seen more of a bump.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Everything is showing red for me, over 20 different coins except for 1…. Truebit

• 1Mother of God

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Its current resilience is pretty interesting. Usually whenever the market tanks it has tanked along with it over the past several months.
This is highly speculative, but ah fuck it:

I think we're seeing a shift (or at least the start of one) away from meme coins like Doge, Shiba, and Floki, and into "Use Case" coins for lack of a better term. The Use Case might not be anything current or tangible or even feasible (yet), but people seem to be looking in that direction for projects to gamble on invest in. Truebit definitely falls into this category IMO. As does MATIC. There's a few other ones that also fall into this that I've been seeing chatter about as well, though they are on different networks than ETH and seem to be a lot riskier.

I also think the NFT craze might be plateauing for the moment, but that's just from looking at the coins associated with them, not the NFT's themselves. I just can't track all of that and everything else I'm tracking too.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is highly speculative, but ah fuck it:

I think we're seeing a shift (or at least the start of one) away from meme coins like Doge, Shiba, and Floki, and into "Use Case" coins for lack of a better term. The Use Case might not be anything current or tangible or even feasible (yet), but people seem to be looking in that direction for projects to gamble on invest in. Truebit definitely falls into this category IMO. As does MATIC. There's a few other ones that also fall into this that I've been seeing chatter about as well, though they are on different networks than ETH and seem to be a lot riskier.

I also think the NFT craze might be plateauing for the moment, but that's just from looking at the coins associated with them, not the NFT's themselves. I just can't track all of that and everything else I'm tracking too.

Seems right to me. Both Matic and Tru were outpacing the market just prior to the Thanksgiving dip. I think it's less that Tru is "immune" to the dip, it's just that what would have been a really big bump for Tru turned into something like a wash thanks to the market downturn.

As ETH becomes more popular and transaction fees skyrocket, the value of coins like Matic and Tru are highlighted. I think there's kind of a cycle people go through when they get introduced to crypto:

1. Get introduced to crypto through meme coins.
2. Do a deep dive into BTC, which leads to ETH.
3. Do a deep dive into ETH, which leads to smaller use-case coins like Matic and (to a lesser extent) Tru

That said, a lot of people never move past meme coins. I also don't think meme coins are going anywhere. There's way too much money to be made. We got a somewhat lengthy reset after Doge mooned and whales made bank. I have a feeling we are in the reset period for SHIB. The objective now (if you like gambling) is to figure out the next Doge/Shib and get in before the pump. Kind of why I was looking at FLOKI a few weeks back.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Did we ever decide a good way to buy FLOKI?
Now? I wouldn't if I were you. It's on a steady downward track with decreasing volume. I think it's had its day.

Then again I said that about SHIB when it was at ~.000023 or whatever before it went to .00008 too, so eh? I guess it might pump when the market turns bull again, in which case I will be crying salty tears. For now, though, made what I could and I'm OUT.

• 1Paper Hands
  • 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I've basically been waiting for this entire run to end to buy back in to ETH/BTC/Matic besides what I'm mining up. Made a huge mistake putting in an order for Shib that I meant to cancel and didn't. I'm sure it'll pump again some day though because of some retarded tweet so whatever.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I've basically been waiting for this entire run to end to buy back in to ETH/BTC/Matic besides what I'm mining up. Made a huge mistake putting in an order for Shib that I meant to cancel and didn't. I'm sure it'll pump again some day though because of some retarded tweet so whatever.

Probably. My SHIB exit is set at .000128, a little under 2x what I put in. I fully believe it'll drop another zero from where it is now, and to that extent I'm probably lowballing it. That said, getting to a cent (aka dropping 3 more zeroes from where it is) is probably a total pipe dream. On a long enough timeline maybe it could happen, but I'm guessing other meme coins will join the fray and dilute the support base as time goes on.

I've also been waiting to buy back into ETH/BTC this whole time and keep getting either sidetracked or stuck elsewhere temporarily. Those few months where BTC sat at 30k were a massive blessing in disguise for people to load up on it and that was the time to do it.