Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thought this might be worth a chuckle. With the down turn on BTC the more annoying thing than being down a few hundred dollars.....

Nerfing my Income in escape from tarkov where you can have a btc farm, but the sell price is affected by real life btc. So I'm sitting on my coins in the game waiting for the price to come up. Should be like 320k roubles and been sitting at 240k.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

lol

• 1Double Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

lol
NFT discords dont like it when you ask people what happens when the web server hosting their "NFT" goes down or replaces the "NFT" with goatse.

• 2Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Article is heavy on doomsday prognostications and light on explanations. She's pretty hot for a BTC wonk though. I'm going to go ahead and guess she's just parroting lines from her boss, Alex Adelman. She's also not wrong that normal people would equate a CBDC to BTC, even though a CBDC would be the exact opposite of what BTC is trying to accomplish.

IF a crypto ban happened in the U.S. (I'm still skeptical), it would be for the reason mentioned in your last line. Calling something a "National Security Threat" is the one surefire way to abuse power. Few people would have thought the provisions of the Patriot Act would have been possible in the U.S. prior to 9/11. If we do end up in a fight with Russia and Putin manages to prolong his opposition with help from crypto, we might see widespread support for a crypto ban.

Otherwise, if it's not done by executive order, it will have to be done by Congress. You think Congress is going to be able to agree on crypto regs? lol.

Edit: This is where Aubrey Strobel, the author of that article, works lol Lolli: Earn Bitcoin When You Shop

Yeah, things can change very rapidly. When Biden jokes around about "I don't know if there will even be a republican party in 2024" I don't take it as a joke. One terror attack (or "terror attack") or conflict and they can quickly undo all of our norms, criminalize groups of people with impunity, etc. We already had New York state give their administration the power to jail people indefinitely for being a "public health threat" at the same time that they declared that racism is a "public health threat". If CRT proponents say that "all white people are racist", then it isn't a stretch to say that any white people who aren't an active part of your movement are a "public health threat" and jail them based on their racism. Obviously this is unlikely to happen, but it has the potential of happening. Any time I hear the words "public health" or "national security" from authoritarians in the context of threats we should be afraid of, I wince.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, things can change very rapidly. When Biden jokes around about "I don't know if there will even be a republican party in 2024" I don't take it as a joke. One terror attack (or "terror attack") or conflict and they can quickly undo all of our norms, criminalize groups of people with impunity, etc. We already had New York state give their administration the power to jail people indefinitely for being a "public health threat" at the same time that they declared that racism is a "public health threat". If CRT proponents say that "all white people are racist", then it isn't a stretch to say that any white people who aren't an active part of your movement are a "public health threat" and jail them based on their racism. Obviously this is unlikely to happen, but it has the potential of happening. Any time I hear the words "public health" or "national security" from authoritarians in the context of threats we should be afraid of, I wince.
You also have the potential to spontaneously combust. Or pick a winner when investing in altcoins.

• 1Worf
  • 1Salty

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Meh. I wouldn't be too worried if I were a right winger. The left has gone so far over the deep end in America that it's turning a Chomskyite like me off; and if I'm getting turned off then normies are certainly getting redpilled. From Forbes:
In the first quarter of 2021, 49% of U.S. adults identified as Democrats or leaned Democratic versus 40% who sided with Republicans, according to Gallup, which polled 12,416 respondents over the course of the year.
By the fourth quarter of 2021, 47% of respondents identified as Republicans while only 42% said they were Democrats.

Like usual, Republicans are corporate puppets with brains and Democrats are incompetent morons. In a year Democrats will be powerless except for EOs that will get struck down by right wing judges. I half expect Dems to nuke the filibuster just in time to lose the House and then lose the Whitehouse to a Republican (perhaps Trump) in 2024 who will make good use of a 51 vote senate threshold because Dems are that dumb.

Gridlock is good for bitcoin because bitcoin doesn't need anything other than for the state to get out of the way. By the time Republicans take back the executive, half of them will be orange pilled. I didn't sell.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Meh. I wouldn't be too worried if I were a right winger. The left has gone so far over the deep end in America that it's turning a Chomskyite like me off; and if I'm getting turned off then normies are certainly getting redpilled. From Forbes:

Like usual, Republicans are corporate puppets with brains and Democrats are incompetent morons. In a year Democrats will be powerless except for EOs that will get struck down by right wing judges. I half expect Dems to nuke the filibuster just in time to lose the House and then lose the Whitehouse to a Republican (perhaps Trump) in 2024 who will make good use of a 51 vote senate threshold because Dems are that dumb.

Gridlock is good for bitcoin because bitcoin doesn't need anything other than for the state to get out of the way. By the time Republicans take back the executive, half of them will be orange pilled. I didn't sell.
Take the pol posts to the pol section, please.

• 2Like

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Perhaps I would if I had access to it, although I try not to get too involved with political forum discussions because it's a huge time sink.

My post was mostly in response to Rajaah's. I would also argue that the party in power has a large relevance to bitcoin because one is more hostile to crypto than the other, and I see Republicans taking power as bullish. If I had caused a further derail I'd have stopped but I didn't think it was that controversial a post. Even leftists hate Democrats

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Just like the general investing thread, politics is going to be intermingled.

Prolly increasingly so as time goes on

Lightning Fast
Perhaps I would if I had access to it, although I try not to get too involved with political forum discussions because it's a huge time sink.

My post was mostly in response to Rajaah's. I would also argue that the party in power has a large relevance to bitcoin because one is more hostile to crypto than the other, and I see Republicans taking power as bullish. If I had caused a further derail I'd have stopped but I didn't think it was that controversial a post. Even leftists hate Democrats
It's blatantly political and almost nothing to do with crypto.

If you want access, here is how you get it:

As for the no pol thing, that isn't a request. In future, take those posts to the pol section or keep it to yourself.

Lightning Fast
Just like the general investing thread, politics is going to be intermingled.

Prolly increasingly so as time goes on
I don't give a fuck what you think. Keep the blatantly political bullshit out of this section, period. Or you will lose your posting privs here.

• 1EyeRoll

Lightning Fast
I'm spending too much time on this forum as is, so I'll check out voluntarily
That's up to you. But I have larger reasons for wanting to keep the rest of the forum on topic. If you don't feel you can handle a little organization then I wish you well.

• 2Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
That's up to you. But I have larger reasons for wanting to keep the rest of the forum on topic. If you don't feel you can handle a little organization then I wish you well.
To be the devil's advocate here.... His commentary on Political polling and the shift in party alignment perpetuating possible gridlock was part of making his point about what benefits BTC most (which is an inactive government which can't get out of it's own way enough to break things...)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I agree that GOP in power is more bullish for crypto than DNC, just going by the past year. However, Trump himself wasn't too keen on crypto either, as I recall. But I don't remember him actively going after it, so it'd still be a step up from the current random menacing from Yellen.

To be the devil's advocate here.... His commentary on Political polling and the shift in party alignment perpetuating possible gridlock was part of making his point about what benefits BTC most (which is an inactive government which can't get out of it's own way enough to break things...)

Yeah pretty much. We're all hoping for a government that can generally back the fuck off, I think.

I started the political derail so I apologize. Just pointing out how fast things can suddenly swing. I don't actually think white people are going to be put in camps, just that the scenario has been set up for it, and at any time somebody can light a match that completely fucks over a huge amount of people.

/politics off

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I don't give a fuck what you think. Keep the blatantly political bullshit out of this section, period. Or you will lose your posting privs here.

Sit and spin faggot.

The general investing thread as pertinent political references, as should this thread.

I'll post what I feel is relevant, without regard for how you fucking feel about it

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity