Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I didn't think his post was irrelevant in regards to BTC and a lame duck congress.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
1643566007520.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Rustled
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well you don't actually own the color. You just own the land the color lives on.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 8 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Reason #2 why NFTs are bullshit, faggots are looking to monetize literally every aspect of digital life.

Its truly amazing how the people who are buying into this shit whole hog are screaming about fighting the man, decentralization, freedom etc. when the block chain will make them digital slaves.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I'm finally jumping into the NFT game, but only bc I have friends behind a project and are hand-holding getting me in early.

I don't even believe in NFT's! This isn't gambling... I guess it's just solidarity'ing friends?

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Caliane

its not gambling, its multilevel marketing! dude you are getting in on the ground floor!

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Good read here about the history of Tether and how they got where they are. I've read bits and pieces of this in different places but this is the best coherent overview I've seen that would be the counter to the Tether FUD. May not change your opinion, but worth knowing both sides of the argument if you're one of the folks here that have an opinion.

TL DR - Regulators pushed Tether into the position they're in regarding backing for the stablecoins. Banking relationships are constantly being pulled out from under them due to US regulatory pressure

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Watched this today and figured it was worth a share since we were talking about CBDC's and a financial reset / digital ID's. Mark Moss does a really good job of breaking down how I see this playing out and where Bitcoin fits in

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

The core premise behind Solana Pay is that the payment and underlying technology goes from being a necessary service utility to true peer-to-peer communication channel between the merchant and consumer.

The protocol provides a specification that allows the consumer to send digital dollar currencies, such as USDC, from their wallet directly into the merchant’s account, settling immediately with costs measured in fractions of a penny. This embeds loyalty, offers and rewards in the same messaging scheme and become true building blocks for the future of commerce.

Merchants have long sought an opportunity to leverage deep engagement with their customers, but multiple intermediaries involved in e-commerce or brick-and-mortar transactions makes that difficult. The next phase of development of the protocol will enable merchants to send digital assets back to the consumers which will open up new capabilities in commerce not possible before.

Not sure this means anything. Sounds annoying to get spammed from the blockchain. And not sure what exactly is part of "a new future of payments".

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Modern society distilled into a single news article. black people worship, insanely inaccurate reporting, supporting bullshit scams etc.

Also its what Twitter is now pushing;

Last edited:
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users