Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Bull run has been over since Feb bro. Actually it's really been over since December

I mean like -over- over. Like no more particularly good runs until 2024 kind of over.

Hit 29.8, rebounded sharply...probably from all the buy orders that got tripped when it passed 30k. However, the sharp rebound seemed to top out quickly and might not mean much.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean like -over- over. Like no more particularly good runs until 2024 kind of over.

Hit 29.8, rebounded sharply...probably from all the buy orders that got tripped when it passed 30k. However, the sharp rebound seemed to top out quickly and might not mean much.

It has been over over. They don't send out announcements when a bull run ends. At some point you look back and realize that a long correction or pull back isn't actually a correction or a pullback. It was the end of the run. I have no idea how long it's going to last. But it's over.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I didn't go back and parse out the exact day lol but if you say so, I'll take your word for it. Point being, it's been long over.

I think FOH realized it was over in Feb, but it started in Nov.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think FOH realized it was over in Feb, but it started in Nov.

That sounds right. I think February is when I really started to realize we weren't in a downturn or a pullback. I honestly had a bad feeling even before that though. Like I said in the other thread, that's why I've been 90% cash with my IRA since the end of last year

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Man the only thing this pressure is doing is turning my hands into diamonds

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lots of green candles for crypto after market hours. Part of me wonders if we are seeing whales dumping stocks during market hours and accumulating crypto after hours.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Doge soon below ten cents. Oh dear. Buy the dip, hah.
Doge is down less than most alts on the week. It got a shot in the arm just prior to the downturn from musks Twitter announcement

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Lots of green candles for crypto after market hours. Part of me wonders if we are seeing whales dumping stocks during market hours and accumulating crypto after hours.
So when are they selling the crypto, seems to be going one way, down.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
So when are they selling the crypto, seems to be going one way, down.

The trend has been down for crypto (like the regular market) since December at least.

What I'm suggesting is that there's a lot more buying of crypto than selling over the last few days. Make of it what you will.

Compare the charts for the last five days of ETH to something like ARKK. In volume, price action, everything.

• 1Like

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I dropped 20k of my sisters money into Bitcoin Last week at $39k, and went ahead and put 20k of my own in....

So yeah, 10k down total. Literally my first time investing in anything, wah wah. Plan was to not touch if for 10 years anyway, so now we wait, but still, fuck me lol.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I dropped 20k of my sisters money into Bitcoin Last week at $39k, and went ahead and put 20k of my own in....

So yeah, 10k down total. Literally my first time investing in anything, wah wah. Plan was to not touch if for 10 years anyway, so now we wait, but still, fuck me lol.

Welcome to crypto:

1652224088854.png

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hahaha, ok, nice meme, worth my 20k now.

Dude, who knows how this all ends, but I would personally be shocked if you weren't in the black, probably by a substantial margin, by end of year. You got a 10-year window? You'll be fine. The people that get screwed in crypto are the people who trade on margin and/or have a really short timeline. And the newbs who panic and sell at a loss

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Dude, who knows how this all ends, but I would personally be shocked if you weren't in the black, probably by a substantial margin, by end of year. You got a 10-year window? You'll be fine. The people that get screwed in crypto are the people who trade on margin and/or have a really short timeline. And the newbs who panic and sell at a loss

Pretty much this. It's easy to panic-sell, especially if you're trying to stop the blood-loss and aren't sure when it's going to hit bottom. Like do you sell at 31k when you're down, in case it blows down into the 20's? Seems like a terrible idea so you don't, but you could end up being wrong and womp womp.

I'm down like 20% for the week but I haven't sold anything. By the end of the year we'll probably be in the black, cryptos almost always bounce up in the cold months. The "18k" talk really freaks me out though and makes me want to throw in the towel and buy back in at a lower point. Bitcoin seems super resilient though.