<Charitable Administrator>
I fucking hate cats.
R.e12b1310456d86089bc164a37e3e2870

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Dude, I'll trade you for a 2015 Tmac Tmac 1am Walgreens condom receipt for a 2018 @Mist 1am Walgreen's catfood receipt.

Are you kidding? My Tmac is far more rare and valuable than your Mist. Hell, they're still being printed!

Me buying condoms was actually pretty rare, compared to how much I had sex. Good analogy!

• 1Worf

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I thought Deppak Chopra was Deepak Chopra of woowoo bullshit. I may be incorrect in my classifications.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users
I don't remember where the NFT thread is so I'll just post this dumb shit here. This guy...

View attachment 419893
I am someone that sees the value in NFTs, but I can guarantee you this isn't it. Memorabilia is already a pretty small industry. And while it makes a lot of money, that money is largely related to the transacting of the best of the best of celebrated individuals and not you, me, or anyone on instagram. Tom Brady? Maybe. Kanye West? Maybe. Donald Trump? Maybe. 99.999999999% of people? No. And when 99.999999999% of potential users are not applicable to your use-case (as digital memorabilia) you do not have a functional or long-term business model. NFTs have use, but--again--this isn't it. Nor close. I mean, Tom Brady can already sell his ticket stubs if he wants. But the demand is probably super low and not that worth it to him.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I am someone that sees the value in NFTs, but I can guarantee you this isn't it. Memorabilia is already a pretty small industry. And while it makes a lot of money, that money is largely related to the transacting of the best of the best of celebrated individuals and not you, me, or anyone on instagram. Tom Brady? Maybe. Kanye West? Maybe. Donald Trump? Maybe. 99.999999999% of people? No. And when 99.999999999% of potential users are not applicable to your use-case (as digital memorabilia) you do not have a functional or long-term business model. NFTs have use, but--again--this isn't it. Nor close. I mean, Tom Brady can already sell his ticket stubs if he wants. But the demand is probably super low and not that worth it to him.
Do you think it's like land?

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I mean Jim Cramer is at least in tv a couple times a day. Raajah is wasting time plat’ing Elden ring on two different consoles.

Yeesh, I’ve never actually thought of it that way.

• 1Worf

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Crypto to FOH: "A 10% upward move in a day doesn't even get you excited anymore?.... You don't love me anymore!" *runs out crying*

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
10:00 (US) Fed’s Brainard (vice chair): Volatility has exposed serious crytpo vulnerabilities; Crypto activities need regulation according to principles of 'like risk, like regulatory outcome'
- We cannot wait until crypto ecosystem becomes so large and interconnected that it could pose financial stability risks

• 1EyeRoll

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
10:00 (US) Fed’s Brainard (vice chair): Volatility has exposed serious crytpo vulnerabilities; Crypto activities need regulation according to principles of 'like risk, like regulatory outcome'
- We cannot wait until crypto ecosystem becomes so large and interconnected that it could pose financial stability risks

How about you deal with the volatility inflation causes first you fuckwit.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
How about you deal with the volatility inflation causes first you fuckwit.
Because the central planners having more control can only make things better right?

It's obvious that retail has been completely wrecked by crypto scam BS, however I don't think the Fed is going to do us any real favors here long term. I'm in favor of letting the market teach people that misallocation of funds has consequences... but that isn't popular these days.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Because the central planners having more control can only make things better right?

It's obvious that retail has been completely wrecked by crypto scam BS, however I don't think the Fed is going to do us any real favors here long term. I'm in favor of letting the market teach people that misallocation of funds has consequences... but that isn't popular these days.

To a certain extent I think that works: caveat emptor. But absolutely zero regulation or oversight is as bad as overregulation. You need at least a basic framework to prevent the straight up brazen criminal enterprises from destroying the space altogether- which they are currently in danger of doing.

The problem is that instead of finding that happy medium between stopping the outright criminals and letting people make their own bad investment decisions, we will end up with overregulation.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users