Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Shiba Inu Dog GIF by Santi_OFF

Just need a doge on HotD and tRoP. Musk wills it.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
The dollar has not gained value since the spending stopped (did it really?). Under your hypothesis crypto should not have gained any value but it should not have lost any either yet it has. Saying bitcoin is a hedge in the face of a drop of 70% is silly.
Dollar has gained value against other currencies, and lost value against real goods. The Fed has pulled liquidity out of the markets which has caused all risk assets to lose value. I don't understand your point here. Nothing about what I'm saying says what you seem to think it says

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Not really, there's just less real goods (specifically food) to buy vs demand for those goods.
We'll see, I would argue that price increases will be sticky even if supply chains were solved tomorrow. Guess we don't really know for sure yet

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider

Long read about an in-depth investigation into tokenizing carbon credits in Brazil. Not going to be for everybody on this board (maybe not for anybody), but I found it very interesting. Might just be because I hold a lot of VET and vechain is making forays into this same thing in the Far East.

Like most articles, this one is skeptical/dubious (but fairly so) about the crypto industry, but like most of these articles if you read between the lines it feels quite bullish for crypto.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Things are going to get pretty wild if this is true. Attack on Bitcoin is coming.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Things are going to get pretty wild if this is true. Attack on Bitcoin is coming.

I've been sitting here trying to figure out why the crypto market was bucking the nadaq, instead of moving in lock step (like it normally does). This explains it.

Haus

<Silver Donator>

I think I've been calling that for a while in the politics and Ukraine threads. Easiest way to replace SWIFT, just use a reliable cryptocurrency. Buy, transfer, sell quickly enough to avoid undue risk to market price shifts. It's backed by an immutable ledger, it's trackable. And it's not controlled by a governmental organization.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
I think I've been calling that for a while in the politics and Ukraine threads. Easiest way to replace SWIFT, just use a reliable cryptocurrency. Buy, transfer, sell quickly enough to avoid undue risk to market price shifts. It's backed by an immutable ledger, it's trackable. And it's not controlled by a governmental organization.

Zenitco (Russian weapon parts manufacturer) takes BTC payment for American customers. Good chance your stuff will get nabbed by customs when it comes in to the country, but you can still try. Few other Russian based sites are the same way.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Zenitco (Russian weapon parts manufacturer) takes BTC payment for American customers. Good chance your stuff will get nabbed by customs when it comes in to the country, but you can still try. Few other Russian based sites are the same way.
I know, but I am thinking more for the bank 2 bank, and large corp to large corp settling of debts and obligations... Now just worrying about my sweet Russian AK parts kit getting nabbed by the man. ;)

Fadaar

That guy
Bought my friend 150 rounds of nice subsonic 300 blackout ammo for his wedding, might just have to hold on to it

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I’ve never heard of this guy but had to check it out. Seems like a class act. Apparently makes videos of buying hundreds of dollars worth of Magic cards et al, then begs for money. Also, this:

D17ECDE8-4EAC-4ED7-BB32-775E357381AE.jpeg

• 1Tiresome
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users