Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
At least it reclaimed $20K? 🤷‍♂️
That was quick. I posted at the red arrow.

1678413989729.png

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Looks like USDC/Circle may be caught up in this SVB bankrun. Bankruns will continue until Fed lowers rates, prepare for a bloodbath.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Signature Bank was forced to close today. It is the third bank to fail in the past few weeks, and along with Silvergate is one of the main banking partners for crypto companies. I fully expect leadership to attempt to pin this banking issue to crypto. Regulatory assassination.

If you wanted to bet on this outcome, just go short these:

EDIT: You may not think Bitcoin is a threat to the USD long term, but it seems quite possible that the government is starting to

Last edited:

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Signature Bank was forced to close today. It is the third bank to fail in the past few weeks, and along with Silvergate is one of the main banking partners for crypto companies. I fully expect leadership to attempt to pin this banking issue to crypto. Regulatory assassination.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Ordinals saved bitcoin. Eths big advantage was NFTs and smart contracts, this difference is fading and fast, now.

1678797689623.png

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Ordinals saved bitcoin. Eths big advantage was NFTs and smart contracts, this difference is fading and fast, now.
If by saved you mean are bloating the blockchain with useless garbage then yea I suppose so. I suspect taproot will in the end be a mistake for Bitcoin. I would honestly say that the blocksize increase was also a mistake but we'll see I guess. That pump is due to the Fed's inevitable pivot and Bitcoin is the fastest horse when it comes to risk assets.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Ordinals has been a huge boost for bitcoin in an otherwise bear market, tons of people who would never have touched on-chain bitcoin have been onboarded and prepared to leave Eth and acknowledge the rule of bitcoin. Big brand NFT studios are moving on to on-chain bitcoin bringing millions in pilot collections. Suddenly Bitcoin maxis hate mass adoption.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Ordinals has been a huge boost for bitcoin in an otherwise bear market, tons of people who would never have touched on-chain bitcoin have been onboarded and prepared to leave Eth and acknowledge the rule of bitcoin. Big brand NFT studios are moving on to on-chain bitcoin bringing millions in pilot collections. Suddenly Bitcoin maxis hate mass adoption.
Blockchain space is for transactions, not monkey jpegs. Cheering for NFTs on Bitcoin because it is "adoption" is like cheering for a skid row style homeless camp setting up outside your storefront because it means there is more foot traffic. Plenty of BTC "maxi's" disagree with that viewpoint but I would prefer the monetary ledger to have as few dickbutts drawn in the margins as possible.

EDIT: Just in case you didn't know, this is exactly why Vitalik created ETH in the first place. He wanted to add junk to the Bitcoin blockchain (expanding on colored coins IIRC, precursor to 'smart contracts') and the majority of Bitcoiners at the time did not support this and rejected his proposed changes. As such he left and created Ethereum where he could clog up his own blockchain with smart contacts.

Last edited:

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Blockchain space is for transactions, not monkey jpegs. Cheering for NFTs on Bitcoin because it is "adoption" is like cheering for a skid row style homeless camp setting up outside your storefront because it means there is more foot traffic. Plenty of BTC "maxi's" disagree with that viewpoint but I would prefer the monetary ledger to have as few dickbutts drawn in the margins as possible.

EDIT: Just in case you didn't know, this is exactly why Vitalik created ETH in the first place. He wanted to add junk to the Bitcoin blockchain (expanding on colored coins IIRC, precursor to 'smart contracts') and the majority of Bitcoiners at the time did not support this and rejected his proposed changes. As such he left and created Ethereum where he could clog up his own blockchain with smart contacts.

computers were made for heavy calculations in research, not for wasting energy and resources on your silly games and storing your stupid images! phones were made for talking, not for taking your stupid photos!

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
computers were made for heavy calculations in research, not for wasting energy and resources on your silly games and storing your stupid images! phones were made for talking, not for taking your stupid photos!
If you can't see the issue with cryptopunk #5437 taking up blockspace (both increasing storage requirements on all nodes and increasing fees for on-chain transaction) Then I would argue you don't actually understand what Bitcoin is, and what problem it was created to solve. If you want to dick around with NFT's do it on some altcoin chain where that sort of thing makes sense. Even take it to a BTC sidechain, which I think is eventually where this garbage will end up because no other blockchain will survive longterm, but I stand by the fact that its a gigantic waste of resources as it exists today.

Bitcoin has a singular focus, anything that interferes with that is an attack. Clogging blockspace with garbage makes transacting on-chain more expensive thus making it unrealistic for a larger percentage of the population. Same can be said for increasing the blockchain size (GB) with garbage, it makes running nodes more difficult and serves no purpose. Its not a big deal as it stands right now, but its a stupid idea that if left unchecked will cause major issues long term.

I prefer shitcoin games to be left with shitcoins

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you can't see the issue with cryptopunk #5437 taking up blockspace (both increasing storage requirements on all nodes and increasing fees for on-chain transaction) Then I would argue you don't actually understand what Bitcoin is, and what problem it was created to solve. If you want to dick around with NFT's do it on some altcoin chain where that sort of thing makes sense. Even take it to a BTC sidechain, which I think is eventually where this garbage will end up because no other blockchain will survive longterm, but I stand by the fact that its a gigantic waste of resources as it exists today.

Bitcoin has a singular focus, anything that interferes with that is an attack. Clogging blockspace with garbage makes transacting on-chain more expensive thus making it unrealistic for a larger percentage of the population. Same can be said for increasing the blockchain size (GB) with garbage, it makes running nodes more difficult and serves no purpose. Its not a big deal as it stands right now, but its a stupid idea that if left unchecked will cause major issues long term.

I prefer shitcoin games to be left with shitcoins
So what you’re telling us is we just need to invest in some sort of CryptoPlungerCoin so we can declog the blockspace and finally flush the shitcoins?

Sounds good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Twitter folks losing their mind over Fed's response to this banking issue. I dunno what to make of it right now other than we're likely to see inflation go wild over the next year or so. We'll see I guess, prob not a good time to be on 0 BTC though. Price up 32% in last 7 days

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I can't afford to invest since I'm living on disability. But last Friday when ETH was at $1400 I told a friend of mine that it was absolutely a good time to buy. I figured a lot of the money getting pulled out of banks was going to end up in crypto, and the smarter guys these days are tending towards ETH over BTC.

Price has gone up fucking 26% in the 8 days since then.

Reallllly wish I could afford to invest lol

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can't afford to invest since I'm living on disability. But last Friday when ETH was at $1400 I told a friend of mine that it was absolutely a good time to buy. I figured a lot of the money getting pulled out of banks was going to end up in crypto, and the smarter guys these days are tending towards ETH over BTC.

Price has gone up fucking 26% in the 8 days since then.

Reallllly wish I could afford to invest lol

Yeah, I held every coin I had over the last year and I'm glad I did. But buying at this exact second would feel a lot like chasing

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bruv a 26% gain in 8 days is by NO MEANS chasing lol
Buying on the back of a 26% gain in 8 days sure feels like chasing. Buying now feels like you're late to the party. You should have bought 7 days ago.

But who the hell knows? It could go up 200% in the next month. Normal rules don't exactly apply in these times

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity