Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok, any of you waiting in the wings to buy should prepare. I bought, which means we'll get a big drop :rolleyes:

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
1699583287666.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The bitcoin/nft persom at work is a true zealot.

Sent me an email today about some new online 2d rpg game with integrated nfts. Then when i tell them they need to sell their bitcoin and take advantadge of this pop they take out their phone and show me their balance of 100k saying its going to be even more in the coming weeks.

Very odd. This person has a good professional job, easily makes $85k+ a year. Yet here they are acting like some zoomer cryptobro.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean….let’s be honest, you can make a ton of NFTs and shit coins……until you can’t! People make millions off that shit, but you’ve got be in the circle most times and get out early so you’re not the one bag-holding

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider

Sent me an email today about some new online 2d rpg game with integrated nfts. Then when i tell them they need to sell their bitcoin and take advantadge of this pop they take out their phone and show me their balance of 100k saying its going to be even more in the coming weeks.

Very odd. This person has a good professional job, easily makes $85k+ a year. Yet here they are acting like some zoomer cryptobro.

This is crypto my man. No true crypto bro is going to paper hands at a mere 100k. It's either mega yachts or eating out of garbage cans. Nothing else is an option. Except maybe prison.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Well, if they have plenty of money coming in, why sell? Everything is a position. Cash is a position. Even a house is a position. Unless they think some other position is better, why sell?

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Sent me an email today about some new online 2d rpg game with integrated nfts. ...
This has been part of my angle on the real usability of NFTs. In game items, documents which need to be digitally authenticated, etc. It would be something akin to WoW where all items rare or higher are NFTs. You wouldn't see any of this in-game. Other than that when you generated your login you would generate a key and they would tell you to keep it safe somewhere. But if you used that key on whatever the appropriate chain was, then you'd see your inventory of items.

And there are multiple games already based around this. But so far it's always some crap ass game more focused on the NFT aspect. That needs to be pivoted. A really great game, which has NFT underpinnings for player assets.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
NFTs would only really be useful for stuff like CS:GO skins. So you could trade them on a marketplace that wasn't necessarily controlled by the game developer. MTGO cards also make sense.

The best use case would be some kind decentralized survival game like Valheim or ARK, where you could earn unique loot on one server and carry into another server, and it would be validated as a real, non-hacked, non-duped item.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
This has been part of my angle on the real usability of NFTs. In game items, documents which need to be digitally authenticated, etc. It would be something akin to WoW where all items rare or higher are NFTs. You wouldn't see any of this in-game. Other than that when you generated your login you would generate a key and they would tell you to keep it safe somewhere. But if you used that key on whatever the appropriate chain was, then you'd see your inventory of items.
Funny you mention that because before I left for the day I ran into them again. Showed me the nft game, told me theyve already put $1500 into it. Not only that, but prior to this one put $25000 into some other NFT game that of course was complete vaporware.

• 1Mother of God

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

And there are multiple games already based around this. But so far it's always some crap ass game more focused on the NFT aspect. That needs to be pivoted. A really great game, which has NFT underpinnings for player assets.
In terms of EQ's TLP servers, which have significant trading of items for their ingame p2w currency, Krono (that you can consume to get a month of subscription privileges on your account, which you need to actually play on TLP), what would the benefit to the developer of having NFTs be an option?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Funny you mention that because before I left for the day I ran into them again. Showed me the nft game, told me theyve already put $1500 into it. Not only that, but prior to this one put $25000 into some other NFT game that of course was complete vaporware.
I wonder how many people made 100k+ by a dumb-luck BTC "investment" they made, that has motivated them to invest in all kinds of dumb garbage like NFTs and shitcoins with little to show for it. And anytime someone confronts them on it, they can just pull up their BTC value.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
In terms of EQ's TLP servers, which have significant trading of items for their ingame p2w currency, Krono (that you can consume to get a month of subscription privileges on your account, which you need to actually play on TLP), what would the benefit to the developer of having NFTs be an option?
If you include the token as the in-game currency on the chain the items are on it would effectively give cryptographic protection from gold and item duping for starters. If you use a known existing cryptocurrency (probably with a low gas rate, like $matic or somesuch) then you also have currency stability built into your game (i.e. control "mudflation").

You'd open up the ability to have public trading of in game goods, and because of how NFTs are structured you can establish in the coded contract for the NFT that every time it's sold a % of the sale price returns to the original content generator (i.e. the gaming company), so they would get a cut for every time the item changed hands. (much like the WoW AH now). Drawback of having the chain token directly be the in game currency would be that then someone with a pile of it from outside could "pay to win", so you might consider a separate token on the same base chain.

Longer run this opens up the concept that other gaming companies could even include items from another game in theirs so long as they all used a common chain for the NFTs, but wouldn't be able to generate those items in their games as they wouldn't be the digital signer for that item. This is going down the "Ready Player One" route.

I wonder how many people made 100k+ by a dumb-luck BTC "investment" they made, that has motivated them to invest in all kinds of dumb garbage like NFTs and shitcoins with little to show for it. And anytime someone confronts them on it, they can just pull up their BTC value.
What I have found to be worse is the person who pulled the miracle 100x return play putting money on some scrub shitcoin at just the right time. Becuase then they often become convinced that they're the crypto Warren Buffet and that is the path to being broke and a degen gambler. heh

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, I guess...there just isn't going to be a pullback lol?

i mean, i know there will be, but holy shit how far are things going to go up before it happens

Last edited:

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I have all my coins sitting in the software wallet Exodus. I may need to cash out some of the funds for a down payment.

Is this possible without sending it all back to Coinbase?

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I have all my coins sitting in the software wallet Exodus. I may need to cash out some of the funds for a down payment.

Is this possible without sending it all back to Coinbase?
Unless that wallet has an exchange, yea, you'll need to send the funds to an exchange to cash out.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
BTC ally just elected president in Argentina. We are going to start seeing some serious FUD pretty soon.

• 1Hodjing