Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
In less than 1 hr it gained and lost $5k.. but I think a lot of the sell off in the past 10mins is because coinbase is down. When a major exchange drops, won't be a lot of buy orders by common folk.

And as I write this post, it just gains 1k back (15k to 16k again)

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
"Holy shit dude."

stan-marsh.png

Arative

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also 200k unconfirmed transactions in the mempool, good luck transferring coins around unless you have a large fee on it

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know what to make of it. I'm not in any crypto right now, and the only reason I want in is for FOMO (fear of missing out). That's a terrible reason to invest in anything.

And with how volatile this is, everything tells me to avoid it like the plague.

It's very conflicting. I could see it hitting 100k next year, or also disappearing completely. How do you invest in something like that?

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I never actually understood all the talk of forking bitcoin until today. The more you know.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
180k unconfirmed transactions and rising. More than doubled since yesterday.

I did a math.At the maximum transaction rate, it will take almost 18 days to confirm just the outstanding transactions at this moment, and they are still coming in quite quickly. I'd expect to see vendors etc stop taking bitcoin if they haven't already.

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know what to make of it. I'm not in any crypto right now, and the only reason I want in is for FOMO (fear of missing out). That's a terrible reason to invest in anything.

And with how volatile this is, everything tells me to avoid it like the plague.

It's very conflicting. I could see it hitting 100k next year, or also disappearing completely. How do you invest in something like that?

its irrational and reminds me of the tech bubble...

but crypto is a whole other ball game.

Really hard to say wtf will happen.

I just keep thinking that as new entities support it, and support the trading of it, it's going to continue to rise until it hits its "global cap". 7 billion people in the world and as more learn about BTC, each person will want a piece of the pie.

Only 21million BTC will enter circulation (currently just over 16mill in circulation).

Eventually people will be talking about smaller BTC denominations (satoshi), and an actual 1 BTC will be rare to "own".

This is looking forward 20-50 years obviously.

---

But there is still the threat of other crypto rising and taking share from BTC. Especially if its better tech and becomes "official" govt currency.

---

Just extremely hard to predict, but I'm not seeing it ever hitting 10k again. Maybe 13k short term but next year it'll be in the 20s if not higher.

Arative

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
180k unconfirmed transactions and rising. More than doubled since yesterday.

The other problem with this is a bunch of chinese pools that mine empty blocks because their programing sucks shit. It just further delays transactions.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
I may have missed the reply, any fairly legit place to get started with possibly farming 2 computers out and/or more info on private wallets or whatever to offload coin into.

Think i might actually try taking $1000 or so spare i may have free in jan and invest in some partial coin?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I may have missed the reply, any fairly legit place to get started with possibly farming 2 computers out and/or more info on private wallets or whatever to offload coin into.

Think i might actually try taking $1000 or so spare i may have free in jan and invest in some partial coin?
just google "bitcoin wallet".

First hit:

Choose your wallet - Bitcoin

Wallet can be software / hardware / online...

I don't know about mining it, don't think it'll be worth, but maybe im wrong. Seems like you can benefit more & faster just investing in the market.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
just google "bitcoin wallet".

First hit:

Choose your wallet - Bitcoin

Wallet can be software / hardware / online...

I don't know about mining it, don't think it'll be worth, but maybe im wrong. Seems like you can benefit more & faster just investing in the market.

I'm usually 5 years behind the tech curve, so funny currency stuff is confusing to me and i never know what articles/info i can trust I randomly find. Figure forum folk have less of a hidden bias.

I may just standard invest in stuff like vanguard, but if 20k coin becomes 100 in a few years.... Even just getting 5k in now seems maybe worthwhile. I saw someone else a few pages ago saying after electricity, current rates earning them just a couple grand over a year seems maybe worthy to do for tiny passive income. Ie 2k added to a 100k combined is better than some of you individually making 150k+

At point in my life where wife and I need for nothing, get most of the toys we want but lacking in any substantial retirement maybe 35k. Work as leftover H&W benefit is 1.50/hr to a meh 401k then the wife has like a whopping 100/month + matching on her end.

Really want to kick into higher gear putting at least a few more hundred a month into something. I keep being dumb trying to wait for a big enough nest egg to dump all at once rather than just as i go.

Last edited:

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I think investing everything into BTC for retirement may not be a sound financial decision
Do not listen to this man. BTC is the future, let me show you my company's pamphlet on how we can grow your cryptocurrency by as much as 40% in just one day!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
up down up down.

14k -> 19k -> 15k -> 18k -> 15k -> 16k.

Up & down several $1000s, multiple times in a single day is absolutely nuts. That's 20-30% swings multiple times.
Someone hitting all the right spots is making a killing today