Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Reht

Molten Core Raider
$16,910 - been talking about it with some friends over the last hour and been watching it, almost wish i had bought one 30 minutes ago.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I do think BTC is a runaway train at this point. Due to the nature of the currency I think it can only climb, and it's going to climb fast for a while, and every new entity that jumps into it will just make it more and more legit. I won't say it's crash proof, but I don't think we'll ever see a sub-10k value again. 20% correction only knocks a few 1000 off the price. Something catastrophic would need to occur for it to crash 50%. Hacking, major failure, governments shutting it down somehow...

But because it's global and there are a finite number of coins, it's going to keep going up in the long run. I can see 50-100K next year.

I also don't think we see any major correction while the US economy is booming. BTC could have major growth in the next 5-10 years.

10 years from now 1 BTC could be a $1mill / coin.

It gained 30% since yesterday.
It's up 2100% this year.

It went from $900 to $17k this year.

Even if it does something like 25% for the entire next year, that makes it a $22k coin eoy 2018, and 25% gain is still incredibly great roi.

At this point I see no reason not to invest in it. Going to start making weekly/monthly buys, not going crazy but basically treating it like a 2nd retirement acct.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It's gone up 34% just today, at this rate it will be worth more than all currency on Earth combined by Dec 21st.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff. If I wanted to toss a couple bucks at this where's the best place?

Do I need to buy a solid 1 BTC or how does it work?

Arative

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff. If I wanted to toss a couple bucks at this where's the best place?

Do I need to buy a solid 1 BTC or how does it work?

You can use coinbase, its pretty user friendly. You can buy any amount you want.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
So I sign up for Coinbase, buy a couple bitcoin and then just hang on to them. I’m about as new to this as possible, does this sound like a solid plan?

Arative

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have 1.6 coins in coinbase. I'm thinking of selling and waiting for the correction to buy back but at this point, its looking like $20k is possible

Siliconemelons

lol I bought 50$ of btc lite and eth yesterday at a christmas lunch at work because an old co worker was "I TOLD YOU WE NEEDED TO BUY THEM LAST YEAR" soooo pissed, me2

anywho...

wonder that my 50$ is worth now haha

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
And just like that it is back below 17k

LOL at this chart
bitcoinspikes.PNG

Arative

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Already down to $15.5 on gdax, probably going to be a big sell off and take it back down to $12k or $13k