Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Where is the reddit option to remind me in 1 year when it hits 10 bucks so I can buy Khane a train

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
lol, I don't have the gonads to put enough into alt coins to make that much bank. I do regret missing out on every alt coin / pennystock opportunity, but alas...

I was going to put in like $100 when it was 90cents. Even if it goes to $10, that's only making $900. I mean... unless you're putting in 1000s you're not really killing it.

I can't see XRP going above $10... and I can easily see it tanking. I just do not like the concept behind it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Getting to $10 is still more than 5 times its current value. The train hasn't even left the station yet, it's still a penny "stock".

You should think about managing your expectations and maybe not getting ahead of yourself. 2 pages ago you said you put a little money in, not looking to get rich. Now suddenly you speak of "fuck you" money just because it went up 500%? You'd need to have taken a pretty big position for "fuck you" money.

You should go back and re-read that conversation. It was only 2 pages ago.

Khane

It's definitely getting some buzz today which will probably push the price up a bit further in the short term

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Getting to $10 is still more than 5 times its current value. The train hasn't even left the station yet, it's still a penny "stock".

You should think about managing your expectations and maybe not getting ahead of yourself. 2 pages ago you said you put a little money in, not looking to get rich. Now suddenly you speak of "fuck you" money just because it went up 500%? You'd need to have taken a pretty big position for "fuck you" money.

You should go back and re-read that conversation. It was only 2 pages ago.
You and I may have different ideas on what a little money is and what fuck you money is.

Khane

No, not really. I'm starting to get crypto fatigue. I'll never bet big on any of them (well, I'll never bet big on any stock or asset in general) and putting a pittance into multiple low value cryptos is just more hassle than I want to deal with in hopes of one of them skyrocketing like BTC, Ether or Litecoin.

I was going to put $3k into XRP last week around the $1.10 mark but just didn't feel like creating a wallet/exhange account and trying to buy it. I'm that lazy.

I'm not a pie in the sky investor. I just find it interesting to talk about.

Khane

So I just read up a bit on Stellar and... no thanks. It's not even decentralized and there is very little information on it.

EDIT: Oh, it's a fork of Ripple. And the founders of Stellar are claiming that's due to a flaw in Ripple and Ripple is like "fork you bro".

See this is the biggest problem with this crypto boom. I really do believe it's the next tech bust. Not cryptocurrency itself but all these companies trying to create payment platforms or blockchain implementations.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I have been approached to work at no less than three new startups trying to get into block chain.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I think a big issue with crypto is the fact these exchanges are 24hr/365.

If they ever want to stabilize the price then they need to have trading hours.

Seems like it's a big game/scam right now the way it is. On Coinbase without fail late nights/holidays/weekends are always lower than primetime hours.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
It is a bizarre speculation market. No matter how big these currencies get, when they start being used by average citizens to leverage wealth out of countries with restrictive laws. I can't imagine a world where governments don't fight/ban/regulate/limit and take down that avenue.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
uh wow I bought into ripple when it was at around 30p or 50c. I bought a lot too.

I've just made more money than I have in the entirety of my time with Bitcoin, jesus christ. I'm really tempted to sell now, I hope it doesn't crash straight after it gets onto coinbase

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
You don't make anything until you sell. I've had trades way, way up only to see the unrealized gains later collapse.

Ripple is highly centralized and the creators hold a massive amount of coins that they can just dump on the market at any time. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Not selling a held asset can be as much a gamble as buying it.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I don't even understand what you're buying with ripple... currency only financial companies can use? Is Ripple and XRP different? What happens when the coins are deleted, who loses them? I'm not putting a cent into it unless I know how it works.