Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Ripple is a payment protocol/platform. XRP is the cryptocurrency they created to be used with Ripple, though they claim almost any fiat currency can be traded via Ripple. They are marketing it heavily to financial institutions.

It's basically a private Venmo/Paypal, with its own crypto (XRP).

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm considering moving some of my mined coins into the market but none of the major exchanges seem to be taking new accounts at the moment. Probably going to be an influx of money as soon as they open up.

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
Anyone can trade on any exchange correct? I am looking at GDAX, Gemini, and bitFlyer ... but BITFINEX, CEX.IO and Huobi.pro look pretty interesting.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
People are trading it for Bitcoin right now, I managed to offload it all tonight, so if anyone has anything to do with ripple, i'd suggest selling asap.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
So I just read up a bit on Stellar and... no thanks. It's not even decentralized and there is very little information on it.

EDIT: Oh, it's a fork of Ripple. And the founders of Stellar are claiming that's due to a flaw in Ripple and Ripple is like "fork you bro".

See this is the biggest problem with this crypto boom. I really do believe it's the next tech bust. Not cryptocurrency itself but all these companies trying to create payment platforms or blockchain implementations.
Man I can get $$$ just by buying shit Khane dont like. Stellar going up quick today

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
I think the trick over the next 1-2 years with crypto will be buying equal parts in a diversified portfolio and riding it out as alternatives fight for market share. Combining that competition along with the influence of government regulation (and which alternatives address this most effectively) and 3rd party security concerns, you'll start to see some of these die off and their market share shift to the winner. Having a diversified portfolio allows you to not only ride that win, but write-off the loss to offset the gain from a tax perspective.

That is if you think we'll see consolidation within the market.

I'm sure there is still money to be made in day-trading as well, but that has never been a strength of mine.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
So xrp hit $3.30 today, then Coinbase announcement that no new coins are to be added.

Watch your xrp as it was down to 2.70 last I checked.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Just say an article that dogecoin was up to $.01 and now has a market cap of $1 billion. Dogecoin hasn't had a software update for two years. Sounds like a pump and dump scheme happening there.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Everything in crypto is a pump and dump scheme. There are online groups with tens of thousands of members planing coordinates alt coin pump and dump.

Crypto is the dot com craze all over again but with no sec regulations.

It’s a will smith movie with a huge giant mechanical spider.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think Ethereum will come out of this really strong, but yeah everything else is a crap shoot imo. If I was trading crypto it'd definitely be to get more Ethereum.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Sia having a good day. It's always been good to me.

Ethereum is a solution waiting for a problem. People invest in it because they feel like they missed the bitcoin boat and want to get on the next one; which is true for all coins, really, but Ether is just really good at sounding like some world changing super tech. Sia and LBRY on the other hand are used right now for their intended purpose. ETH is used for a cat game and as a means for ICO scams to not need to have their own blockchains and ETH's blocks are already full again after enlarging their block size. By the time ETH finds a real problem, that problem might find another smart contract solution more attractive, like Rootstock.

Ultimately you want to buy an asset that will be bought by people other than speculators. Who is buying ETH to USE it for something and not speculating? ETH's price is entirely unjustified IMO. To make it more worrying to me, I've seen dev quotes suggesting that it should be an inflationary asset because, naturally, it's used as 'fuel' for contracts and wasn't intended to be a payment coin. And on top of it all, it's centrally controlled by a 23 year old with the power to destroy its value any time he pleases which he already demonstrated with the DAO funds.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know where you get that it's centrally controlled by a 23 year old. Sure, Vitalik plays a huge role in Ethereum development, but the Ethereum Foundation is solid, well funded, and the most focused development team in terms of scaling solutions. You're right it could end up in the shitter, but until a development team comes along that impresses me as much as the Ethereum Foundation, my faith lies with them.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Any coin could end up in the shitter. Certainly Ethereum is one of the better coins, but I sold all mine and don't regret it. It could end up changing the world, but I bought what I see to be as safer bets. Everybody has their own risk analysis though, and nobody is right all the time. Will be funny to read this post 5 or 10 years from now.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Some of these companies are starting to get way too specific. Like TRON.

Do these people honestly believe that we want to maintain multiple wallets full of multiple currencies that we can only use for specific products?