Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So you're under the impression the value of the tech is zero?

EDIT: And tulips had value... they always had value. The dutch just started using the bulbs as an asset rather than as a flower. The parallel can be drawn to cryptocurrency for sure, however, there was always value in tulips. Even directly after the crash. Tulips are still around today you know... You can go to a flower shop and buy them.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I haven't bought or sold any bitcoin, just holding what I got. Be interesting to see where it goes from here.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
No resentment. But you are crazy if you think the real bottom is in.

I at least wager considerable amounts of money on my predictions. It's easy to be a naysayer while wagering nothing. Open a short position if you're so certain

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I don't think we're at the bottom quite yet, but I don't think that bottom is going to be as low as the naysayers like to imply it will be. People are way too black and white with Bitcoin, it's either going to be worth 200k per coin or literally 0 to these people.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm on record predicting low-mid 20k end of 2018. I'm still thinking it will be and this dip doesn't scare me.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Triple top at 9.5k followed by whale dumps in a market already very skittish. Bulls are unusually traumatized after last month's bloodbath. Not at all confident that 7.5k was the bottom anymore. My longs are all closed and I'll reopen them lower since I'm intent on losing all my money.

Edit: longing again at 8k because I expect a bounce, but selling it quickly unless it rallies hard

Last edited:

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
True believers and technical analysis. This has never gone wrong on the internet!

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I'm glad I sold for the simple fact that this would be stressing me out like fuck.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I don't use TA, which I also believe to be 90% bullshit. I would however say that there is some merit to the resistance/support methodology for the simple reason that humans like round numbers; compounded by traders acting in unison by their own independent conclusions in a self fulfilling prophecy sort of way.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
OK, you could say I use a tiny amount of it then if you want to be pedantic about it. I certainly roll my eyes at the triangles and dead cat talk though, and I'm not drawing lines on candles.

All one has to do is look at the depth chart right now to see how much humans like round numbers. The buy wall at 8k is ridiculously large.

Khane

So investing is like police work? Just gotta trust your gut?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Honestly I treat this like another game. I've already sold way way more than I've invested, USD wise. BitMEX is kind of addictive. I certainly hope nobody is betting the farm on anything I say here.

It's fun to make money playing a game. Selling EQ gear didn't pay this well.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Actually there are two large buy walls: one at 8k, and one at 7.8k. I'm betting on a strong bounce 7.8-8k. I'm guessing that traders are letting this fall until then to get in lower. We'll see

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
But here is a real question.

Now that it's losing value, if you aren't chasing the appreciation in value, or doing illegal shit, what's the point?
Thats always been the case with Bitcoin and any other coin. Literally the only value in it is in grey/black market internet transactions.

21st century Dutch Tulips. Im honestly surprised no one has created tulipcoin. Troll all these fools and give them a history lesson at the same time.
I wrote that 5 hours before the price spiked upward 17% in the span of an hour after some whales did some massive market buys.
Im no Warren Buffet but I think that much volatility is a bad thing.

• 1Worf

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
21st century Dutch Tulips. Im honestly surprised no one has created tulipcoin. Troll all these fools and give them a history lesson at the same time.

Quick somebody invent this so we can all purchase a part of the forums in tulipcoin

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Price bounced at 7.8 as expected. Made profit from it but sold it too late, so not much. Got frustrated and opened a short afterward, which was more profitable. Shorts are safer than longs in this bear jamboree.

Get ready to buy lots at 5k if it makes it there

Khane

Price bounced at 7.8 as expected. Made profit from it but sold it too late, so not much. Got frustrated and opened a short afterward, which was more profitable. Shorts are safer than longs in this bear jamboree.

Get ready to buy lots at 5k if it makes it there

Man, you're changing your story quite often today. Sounds like you're starting to invest emotionally here.

On one hand you're saying you're confident the market will rebound and it will be back up. On the other hand you're saying shorting is the safer bet? How do you reconcile those two statements? Are you saying you'll know the bottom when you see it and buy back in so you can cover your short before it rebounds? Good luck man.