Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I put some MGTI into my IRA back during the last big BTC Rally, back when Crazy Old Man Mcafee was shilling for them. It tanked and I lost like 95% of the value of it but I've held it for shits and giggles. It rallied 23.5% today up to $0.0710 now. If the BTC rally continues then I expect we'll see another run on crypto stocks whether they have a snowballs chance of profitting or not.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
What I've been noticing this time around is much of the other crypto really hasn't been moving at all.

BTC is up 38% in 7 days.
ETH is up 28%

Most other crypto is up less or losing with a few outliers doing better.

Comparing the big cap coins, 2 years ago ETH / litecoin / XRP were staying with BTC or exceeding, now they are all lagging behind.

Seems like the crypto enthusiasm has died down and is beginning to consolidate

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Break

I noticed the same thing, BTC is the king and over time value gets shaken out of alt coins and that goes over to BTC. Wasn't Bitcoin Cash worth like half when it first started out? Glad I didn't touch that with a 10 foot pole, it's basically on it's way to failure. The surprising one is Ethereum, it seems to be in a slow death spiral too?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What I've been noticing this time around is much of the other crypto really hasn't been moving at all.

BTC is up 38% in 7 days.
ETH is up 28%

Most other crypto is up less or losing with a few outliers doing better.

Comparing the big cap coins, 2 years ago ETH / litecoin / XRP were staying with BTC or exceeding, now they are all lagging behind.

Seems like the crypto enthusiasm has died down and is beginning to consolidate
f110k4lzjn631.png

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Arative

Vyemm Raider
To the moon!

I'm not sure where I'll get off the ride. Something crazy about logging into coinbase last night and having $48k and logging in just now and having $53k

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I use jaxx for my wallet. Coinbase can fuck itself. They stole some of my coin by deciding at the last minute that I hadn't jumped through enough hoops to cash it out to a bank account. I think they owe me a refund on the transfer fees. I showed them with their own words where I had done everything I needed to transfer cash to a bank. They responded by sending me a link to a page with different requirements. I was never able to figure out HOW to get to that page if you didn't have the direct link and neither were they. A few weeks later the page they sent me showed up in the regular help links instead of the pages I had screen capped.

Felt good to vent. Fuck coinbase. I'm not doing much with virtual currencies after that.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
To the moon!

I'm not sure where I'll get off the ride. Something crazy about logging into coinbase last night and having $48k and logging in just now and having $53k
I have a hard time thinking about having that much money tied up in this market. I mean, good for you obviously, I just can't fathom it.

Siliconemelons

Yeah most of this is that many people are dubious to put any "reasonable sum" because it is overall about as viable as a penny stock...in most peoples mind.

But yeah its done 10% in the last "day"ish if not 15%... usually these jumps are bubbled so no one can really ride them that is not "in the know" and "in the systems" like most people general interfaces with stock is daily not by the minute etc...so it can be difficult.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Just sell a little bit every time the price goes nuts, then you can't lose.

Even if it's just enough for a video game or three, it'll make you feel better if the price crashes.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah most of this is that many people are dubious to put any "reasonable sum" because it is overall about as viable as a penny stock...in most peoples mind.

But yeah its done 10% in the last "day"ish if not 15%... usually these jumps are bubbled so no one can really ride them that is not "in the know" and "in the systems" like most people general interfaces with stock is daily not by the minute etc...so it can be difficult.

It's done +48% in 7 days.
Possibly a bubble, or possibly it goes above 20k then crashes to some level that could potentially be higher then where it currently is. Who knows?

The pennystock analogy doesn't hold water with BTC.
BTC isn't tied to a company with people behind it, there are no fundamentals to analyze. It's a different ballgame.
The altcoins are more comparable since they are usually "controlled" by an org and have people behind them.

With a $240B market cap & over $40B in volume in 24 hours, BTC isn't just some pennystock.

Google's market cap is 750B and Apple's is 900B for comparison.

Also: BTC had 3.1M coins change hands in 24 hrs, which is about 18% of the total circulating supply.

Break

Just sell a little bit every time the price goes nuts, then you can't lose.

Even if it's just enough for a video game or three, it'll make you feel better if the price crashes.

I sold about 1/3 of my paltry holdings at about 11.5k. Think i'll unload another 1/3 at 15k if it hits.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I have a hard time thinking about having that much money tied up in this market. I mean, good for you obviously, I just can't fathom it.

These are coins I mined, so it's not like I have money tied up, just been holding them. I sold some when it hit 19k in 2017. Now just waiting until I can't stand it anymore.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
That's cool man, missed opportunities for most of us

I know I'm kicking myself for selling a bunch under $10 thinking how cool it was to get free money.

If only I had kept every coin I had mined and sold at the top. $1.4 million. That's a lot of hookers and blow!

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Laugh. BTC crash after Coinbase goes down. I sold a tiny bit at 13,700. Here I come, Steam summer sale