Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

fris

Vyemm Raider
most investment vehicles have a value that's impacted by speculation. crypto is almost exclusively speculation. at least baseball cards can be burned for warmth in the winter :)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Have you been paying attention to Wall Street in the past ~20 years? Wall Street sunk its claws into Bitcoin and that's what caused this massive, volatile fluctuation in its "value".

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
most investment vehicles have a value that's impacted by speculation. crypto is almost exclusively speculation. at least baseball cards can be burned for warmth in the winter :)
Someday scientists will figure out how to release all the wasted energy that was put into generating bitcoins by reversing the process.

That's how infothermodynamics works, right?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

It's a currency that no one uses. It's a giant craps table, that's it.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It's a currency that no one uses. It's a giant craps table, that's it.

Ignorance and a shitty meme. Why post?

The BrutulTMs of the world see bitcoin through their rose colored glasses as being useless and unnecessary. But in a world where there are failing countries and currencies, Bitcoin is being used and does have great value.

You can buy things with it but if you're already invested in a strong currency (USD/Euro) you're going to be less inclined to use Bitcoin.

Brad

Trakanon Raider
Fidelity investments, Bakkt ( from the same company that created the NY stock exchange), UTrust, upcoming ETF ruling, etc. Mass adoption is coming, no question about it.

Although I admit a lot of the coins are pointless and many were created cos "Why not?". However the crypto version of the dot com crash should eventually clear most of the thrash out.

The time to get in is now.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
TO THE MOON, WE'RE BREAKING 100K THIS TIME

Lol. This is going to get fun again. Round 2 of trolls and speculators going at each other.

My personal bet is if it gets to 20k I'm dumping my shares and will wait for it to fall again. I think 6k is a safe support level right now and possibly 12k next year once the halving occurs

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Back when the price was like $2 a coin I bought a few hundred coins to but drugs with. My God, if only I had held onto it instead. My God...

I know I've posted this before but I still kick myself in the ass for it a lot.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Like ten years ago someone on this board was selling 500 coins for $50, we could have all been rich :D

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, there's a lot of "if only" that goes around with these things, drives you nuts when you look back on it lol.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It was also over 10 years ago when Bitcoin was released and we first started talking about it.
If only we all setup mining rigs at the time on our personal pcs, we could have been set for life.
I still remember when this happened:

Bitcoin - Wikipedia
In 2010, the first known commercial transaction using bitcoin occurred when programmer Laszlo Hanyecz bought two Papa John's pizzas for ₿10,000.[27]

If you didn't mine, the main exchange was Mt Gox which ended up going bankrupt and losing most of their coins (theft).
There have been more then a few bumps along the way and it's completely understandable why we're not all bazillionaires atm.

Brad

Trakanon Raider
I still believe that there is a chance to make great money, just not to the degree of "If only". Just have to wait for a few more years. This meme seems to be right on the money so far.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
People expecting it to reach 50-100k in 2019 are just silly.

I do expect Bitcoin will continue to rise... like that image claims..
I also expect some falls.

I see 15K as very realistic in this bull market.
But as soon as resistance hits, it will stagnate again, or fall.

My prediction is big fluctuations between 10-15k then it'll settle at around 12k for a few months/yr. Once we get closer to the "halvening", we'll see a spike into 20k or higher.
The Halvening! Bitcoin Halving for Rocket Lovers

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Coinbase

Might not be the most efficient, or cheapest (haven't really looked), but I value security and trustworthiness.

I don't have enough Bitcoin to offload it to a wallet. Maybe someday :D

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I've heard people recommend cash.app to buy BTC because of the lower fees, (Coinbase fees are theft) but I've not personally used it. I think it's Jack's (twitter CEO) business so it should be safe.

Still using Electrum personally, but use Exodus for a couple of alts. Both are good for BTC.