Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

maskedmelon

Orator of Superfluous Nothings
Almost hit 15k BTC, fuck me. I want more. RSI just hit 80 though, so maybe we see a dip? *crosses fingers*

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
not sure how legit/reliable this is, but https://twitter.com/fireice_uk seems to be claiming that he can trace Monero transactions ?
If true, XMR should go down quite a lot.
I've been hearing rumblings of bad news for privacy coins. I do believe that the future of privacy is likely to be secure Ethereum sidechains like:

Jury is still out though, I haven't dug very deep into this.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
What's going on with bitcoin? 15.1k now. Up nearly 9% over the last 24 hours

Serious pump and dump going on?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
What's going on with bitcoin? 15.1k now. Up nearly 9% over the last 24 hours

Serious pump and dump going on?
Bitcoin has been due to get closer to 20K again since it halved.
Markets are up too because Republicans are still likely to control the Senate & have improved in the House.
Bitcoin tends to follow the markets as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Bitcoin has been due to get closer to 20K again since it halved.
Markets are up too because Republicans are still likely to control the Senate & have improved in the House.
Bitcoin tends to follow the markets as well.
Be nice if it hits 20k. I've been sitting on 4 btc for years just waiting for a breakout

• 1Like

maskedmelon

RSI has tipped over 80% a few times. We had a couple large outflows yesterday and after 14kish there isn’t much resistance to 16k. Coinbase depth looks pretty anemic on the buy side though. I am expecting a correction short term, but we shall see! We didn’t see any correction back on the 21st and appear to have moved into a broadening triangle since then though the last few days make it look more like we are sitting in an ascending channel from around the 12th, which carries us right up to the yearly ascending channel and prior resistance at around $16k.

What does it all meeeeeeeeeeean!?

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I was about to post this! I'll speculate that the sovereign race to collect Bitcoin has begun in earnest. We'll see.

Funds seized from an 'unknown hacker'. How many BTC does the US custody and keep quiet about?

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was about to post this! I'll speculate that the sovereign race to collect Bitcoin has begun in earnest. We'll see.

Funds seized from an 'unknown hacker'. How many BTC does the US custody and keep quiet about?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
So do they move this to their own wallet somewhere? I wonder if it has a password more secure than Donald Trump's twitter?
I would assume that's the case yea, hard to tell for sure. You're probably not qualified to criticize anyone regarding InfoSec though HunterBiden HunterBiden

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Oh don't worry, Trump using blockchain to save the world, obviously.

Imagine the crypto market if something like that actually happened and held up in court.

• 1Worf

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
That's legit 100% raw uncut hopium

You are going to od big p with that shit

• 1Solidarity

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
How do I avoid fees

And is this ledger nano S I bought worth using? Seems like if it gets broken I'm fucked?

Flobee Flobee how much LINK do you own?

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
How do I avoid fees

And is this ledger nano S I bought worth using? Seems like if it gets broken I'm fucked?

Avoid fees for doing what?

Ledger is one of the two hardware wallets I would consider (other being Trezor). You create a recovery key that you should store offline or memorize. This key allows you to recover your wallet even if the physical ledger is destroyed. Note that anyone with this recovery key can steal your wallet, store it with that in mind. If you store it digitally you're much more at risk.

I own some LINK, its dumb to talk about how much of any crypto you own. However LINK will likely do quite well given its market position, lack of competition (for now, they're coming. BAND/DOS/CURVE) and trustworthiness in the space. If a project needs an oracle and doesn't use LINK you should be wary as of right now.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

maskedmelon

How do I avoid fees

Ledger gives you little paper cards when you get one to write down your recovery code. O haven’t lost or reset it, but when you first set it up you will go through a process where it shows you your code, then you have to enter it back in in the right order. Is the same kind of thing like when you set up MetaMask.

And you can’t avoid network fees. You always have to pay those, but different exchanges have different fee structures. There are a few decentralized exchanges like KyberSwap that have pretty low fees, otherwise fees are usually volume driven and you get them down by trading more. You don’t have to have a lot of money either, you just have to move it a lot, so make lots of small trades, but they obviously need to be large enough to cover your fees.

• 1Like

Brad

Trakanon Raider
How do I avoid fees

To make sure you do not lose your seed which is extremely important, you can use something like CryptoSteel to place your seed in. That should survive a house fire, no prob!

• 1Like