Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
That's what I'm afraid, and what I feel when I read a lot of this, but then on the other hand you have both big players (Musk, HedgeFunds etc) and small players (small shops, streamers, artists, freelance coders) who also use it. They can't all be giving their login info to shady apps?

GhenghisKhan

Molten Core Raider
That's what I'm afraid, and what I feel when I read a lot of this, but then on the other hand you have both big players (Musk, HedgeFunds etc) and small players (small shops, streamers, artists, freelance coders) who also use it. They can't all be giving their login info to shady apps?

Make a basic account on Binance.com You can fund your account very simply using a SEPA , CC(visa/MC) or iDEAL. Biggest exchange in the world and has very low fees.

Alterity

Molten Core Raider
You can't use binance.com if you are in the US unless you use a VPN. You need to use the binance.us version of the site, which unfortunately has pairs missing that the .com site has.

edit: saw you're euro so binance should be good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Coinbase is taking like a week to let me send BTC to my Kraken account after I funded it so i can buy alt coins. All these places want all my info and pictures of my face and my IDs. What in the fucking world is this shit? All this is far more pervasive than any normal investment account/brokerage.
ah shit. I hadn't considered the delay on available funds, since my btc had been on there for some time.

yeah. this stuff is all way more secure then my mutual funds with T.R.price, or my actual bank. haha. partially part of the paranoia in the community I think, and partially from the lack of trust/decades of reputation from the banks. Banks run on reputation. a bank loses your money, and they will be ruined. So, they built up trust over decades in operation.

Theres nothing stopping you from doing person to person. and yes, you can use paypal. I'm seeing people not recommend paypal though. idk, I deleted my account back when they were first revealed for seizing accounts, and closing accounts for people they didn't like.

Coinbase and Kraken are both out of San Fran. which makes them US based. good.. but, in that san fran bubble. which is a bit troublesome.
Gemini is new york. and founded by the Winklevoss bros. which amuses me. also, want to see them cuck the Zuck...
Binance was founded in Shanghai, moved to Japan, has offices in Taiwan. Binance keeps moving ot avoid regulation.. you tell me if thats good or bad. Binance.us is in san fran as well.

theres lot of smaller exchanges, those are just the big names thus most trusted.

you can even buy directly with Ledger live, via the ledger wallets.

Last edited:

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am on PI as Vepil if you want to add me also.

Ok, at this point I'll admit I am dumb. I understand if I follow an invite link I am joined with someone, but I am already joined, so not sure that is possible. When I click on the "add to my security circle" I get 2 choices....
  1. Existing member
  2. Invite from contacts

Assuming I want 1, it does not let me type in a name....apparently I need to already have that person in my contacts or they do not show up

Brad

Trakanon Raider
I do not think you can invite anyone who has already been invited and is not in your earning team.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Ah I see, thought it would let you build it that way. Sorry about that, interface is not the best so was not sure.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I have no idea what this Pi shit is or what it does but I have 15 pies now. Hoping it opens up at $10,000 dollars when it comes to market. A man can dream right?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Im sure it will beworthless, but also took 10 minutes of my life while the girl watched some garbage

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Question about the theoretical applications of BTC here:

What happens in 2040 when all the BTC has been mined and miners are no longer incentivized to confirm transactions in the ledger?

What’s the new incentive gonna be since you can’t award new BTC? Is it just gonna be loaded w fees?

Brad

Trakanon Raider

What happens in 2040 when all the BTC has been mined and miners are no longer incentivized to confirm transactions in the ledger?

What’s the new incentive gonna be since you can’t award new BTC? Is it just gonna be loaded w fees?
Yeah, loaded with transaction fees indeed is the end game for BTC miners 😂

Brad

Trakanon Raider
Trolling?
😧 No good sir!

I believe that to be the case. Unless there is a change of plan and an agreed consensus that more BTC needs to be minted. But yeah if no more gets minted, fees is all there is.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
😧 No good sir!

I believe that to be the case. Unless there is a change of plan and an agreed consensus that more BTC needs to be minted. But yeah if no more gets minted, fees is all there is.

WOOF. That’s gonna be a tough sale long term.

Definitely going to need a “daily spender” coin.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider

So I believe that mining rewards last until around 2100 but I may be wrong there. I honestly think that either

a) Fees on the network will be substantial enough to cover mining costs
or
b) BTC functionality is so core to international trade that the mining is commoditized by nation-states regardless of profitability.

If the Bitcoin meme plays out it would be the most important network on the planet, it will keep running so long as that remains true.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Anyone own or know anything about PAXG? Token tied to gold based in NY and they have been licensed by state of NY (or been scrutinized by NY). They are in possession of 1 troy ounce per token and supposedly the gold is verified regularly by independent auditor. It says you can convert your coins for the actual gold if you desire. Fees etc of course.

Caliane

BTC passed 1Trillion market cap.
$53.9k

Is this a bubble or now a runaway train?
This feels alot more like widescale adoption incoming, and institutional support, than rampant overvaluing.

Sure there will be corrections. but, I don't see this collapsing.

BTC up 3k in the last 24 hours. we've been seeing sagging during the weekends. I'd really expect a correction over the weekend.

Side note, my cryto portfolio is up 61%. dec 23rd to jan 16. several ever increasing values. jan 16 being the largest.

Last edited:

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's going parabolic, 50k 2 days ago, just about to hit 55k now. Was waiting for a dip to FOMO in but it's not dipping even a little.

• 1Like