Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
View attachment 348294
itshappening.jpg

🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸

Wow it’s really decoupled from Bitcoin a bit today.

I totally expected this, but not this fast. I figured it would take a while longer. Was kind of banking on it tbh. I'm in the process of xferring money to Binance to buy more VET and ETH as we speak.

Both are obviously still worth buying, but I was hoping to buy cheaper. I'm sure we will see a dip. It also may link back up with BTC before completely breaking away. Who knows? I just want to get more asap.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I totally expected this, but not this fast. I figured it would take a while longer. Was kind of banking on it tbh. I'm in the process of xferring money to Binance to buy more VET and ETH as we speak.

Both are obviously still worth buying, but I was hoping to buy cheaper. I'm sure we will see a dip. It also may link back up with BTC before completely breaking away. Who knows? I just want to get more asap.

Yah I was hoping it’d get back down to 1400-1600 a couple weeks back before I bought in.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Wallstreetbets is now allowing discussion of bitcoin, ethereum, and DOGE only. No crypto at all was allowed before. I think this is a reasonably significant impact to said coins. Especially with so many young or new investors having discovered the shitshow that is WSB. Can’t argue with even more exposure.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wallstreetbets is now allowing discussion of bitcoin, ethereum, and DOGE only. No crypto at all was allowed before. I think this is a reasonably significant impact to said coins. Especially with so many young or new investors having discovered the shitshow that is WSB. Can’t argue with even more exposure.

One visit to /r Satoshi Street Bets and you can see why they limit it. That sub has become a cesspool of shitcoin shilling. That said, they need to open things up a little more and add some other legit coins (like VET!). I'm sure eventually they will.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
One visit to /r Satoshi Street Bets and you can see why they limit it. That sub has become a cesspool of shitcoin shilling. That said, they need to open things up a little more and add some other legit coins (like VET!). I'm sure eventually they will.
Yep, the shitcoin shilling is all over the place on so many other places. It can be nonstop and damaging to any social media community unless curbed.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Yep, the shitcoin shilling is all over the place on so many other places. It can be nonstop and damaging to any social media community unless curbed.
Oh, this reminds me:
I want everyone's help when it's time to debut my new crypto currency: Forum Latinum (FLAT).

With all of your help, we're heading to the MOON baby!!!

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh, this reminds me:
I want everyone's help when it's time to debut my new crypto currency: Forum Latinum (FLAT).

With all of your help, we're heading to the MOON baby!!!

lol, joking aside I think there is an actual method to creating your own "coin" leveraging an existing coin and network. Though I'll admit I have fuck all knowledge about it.

I say go for it, though I would prefer the FOH token name!

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
lol, joking aside I think there is an actual method to creating your own "coin" leveraging an existing coin and network. Though I'll admit I have fuck all knowledge about it.

I say go for it, though I would prefer the FOH token name!
Hmm, FHLAT. Not bad... we could do the Family Guy cool whip meme thing for word of mouth!

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
We won the bid on the lake property.

We ended up bidding against ourselves and we’re 3x higher than the next lowest bid (RIP), but we got it and I’m not sure they would’ve sold it for much less.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Is there any way to actually use it?

From what I was reading tainted / known stolen Bitcoin will be frozen by exchanges if it touches them. So what’s that leave, trying to pass it onto people for items who don’t know it’s stolen? Is there any mechanism to check Bitcoin someone offers you as payment? I’m way clueless on this stuff.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Is there any way to actually use it?

From what I was reading tainted / known stolen Bitcoin will be frozen by exchanges if it touches them. So what’s that leave, trying to pass it onto people for items who don’t know it’s stolen? Is there any mechanism to check Bitcoin someone offers you as payment? I’m way clueless on this stuff.
P2P markets exist for exchanging BTC for cash. Bisq - A decentralized bitcoin exchange network for example. Illegal in the US though. Bitcoin was created for peer to peer transactions to remove the gatekeepers. "dirty" bitcoin is for sure a problem, but its not insurmountable.

• 1Like